Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VINCE ALM & ANNIS ABRAHAM - A PLEA

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:31 pm

According to the slowboard, the ticket office has an answerphone message saying they're closed, whilst someone else says 'ignore it' , as they are just running on reduced staff numbers. This remember is the last day of the ST offer. How many businesses on Sloper Road do you reckon have put 'not open today' on their messageboard ?? Almost certainly none, and if I were a chairman desperate for income, I would make sure my 'managers' were getting their staff into work in sufficient numbers to run the place.

This is how our club is run. We have managers taking big wages, and taking the p*ss at the same time. We have extra board members who have 'special skills' , yet do absolutely nothing. We let a stadium [fixed price] alledgedly run £7m over budget, and STILL don't connect undersoil heating so a crucial game is postponed. We have a club shop, but hardly any stock. We waste huge sums to outside organizations to do a job that our 'management' should quite easily do themselves [prem seating etc]. We sell off catering concessions, when simple research would have shown how much more profitable it is, when in-house. We have 'budget break-even' crowd estimates of 13k, then 18k, yet with 22k, we are still skint. We have lost nearly a million because we didn't get an agreement with JFH, in writing. And those 'legal' fees, remember them ? Worked out at close to £2 milion if I recall.

This is just a snippit - if I thought longer, I'm sure the list could go on and on, and then, the lies. The endless lies to the very people who are paying the various annual and 'performance' bonuses, that are seemingly snapped up irrespective of the fact that HMRC haven't been paid.

For God's sake, this man HAS to go. He is a charmer - whenever anyone speaks to him on the phone, they come back on here [and there], saying 'lets all stick together'. Bullshit. Utter bullshit. It will go on, and on. He will always wriggle out of anything once he's found out. He's a compulsive liar, and any other Chairman given the same conditions over the last 4 years, would have managed the club infinitelyt better, and left it in a much better financial state.

Re: VINCE ALM & ANNIS ABRAHAM - A PLEA

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:35 pm

Oh dear :roll: For goodness sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - perhaps you need to go on a new messageboard, try www.suicidal-supporters.co.uk/always-see-the-negative -in-life.

You're welcome to your opinion but we are 100% behind Peter Ridsdale. Accept it and move on.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:37 pm

Jesus and I thought I was negative......then again I agree the points are valid! :lol:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:38 pm

COULD NOT AGREE MORE

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:45 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Oh dear :roll: For goodness sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - perhaps you need to go on a new messageboard, try http://www.suicidal-supporters.co.uk/al ... e-negative -in-life.

You're welcome to your opinion but we are 100% behind Peter Ridsdale. Accept it and move on.

You seem to have no idea of Ridsdale's record with football clubs which shows he has no financial expertise beyond spending whatever money he can get his hands on. Nobody who has financial experience could support this man.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:47 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Oh dear :roll: For goodness sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - perhaps you need to go on a new messageboard, try http://www.suicidal-supporters.co.uk/al ... e-negative -in-life.

And you are welcome to yours. Tell me -just for future reference - in what circumstances would you stop ' getting behind PR' ?

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:48 pm

You certainly are, saddles, and more than entitled to your opinion, but there are a huge amount of fans dead against Ridsdale, so to pass off "we are 100% behind PR" is equally as misleading and untrue as others saying we are 100% against him. Opinion is split, but I would suggest the numbers are growing considerably as to those no longer being taken in by Ridsdale's propaganda.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:50 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

And you are welcome to yours. Tell me -just for future reference - in what circumstances would you stop ' getting behind PR' ?

I don't think there is a circumstance :lol:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:56 pm

I am not on anyones side but if i had made half the mistakes PR and Dj (to a lesser extent) have made ,i would not have a job to go to anymore,I would have been up the road months ago
Football is a performance related job and no-one is performing. We need more action and less talking.
Rant over.

Nick

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:58 pm

cant you buy on line

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/cardiffcity/default.aspx

I did

Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:20 pm

when i went the that meeting where ridsdale spoke to the fans i came away thinking what a nice guy lol he deffo got the charm.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:53 pm

have to disagree with that claim

I am not 100 percent behind him

and on this thread nor are many others

I want this club run honestly

and if that means peter stays then so be it

if it means he has to go, likewise

Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:54 pm

saladthedragon wrote:

You certainly are, saddles, and more than entitled to your opinion, but there are a huge amount of fans dead against Ridsdale, so to pass off "we are 100% behind PR" is equally as misleading and untrue as others saying we are 100% against him. Opinion is split, but I would suggest the numbers are growing considerably as to those no longer being taken in by Ridsdale's propaganda.

I agree

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:07 pm

Im a positive person but also a realist we the supporters deserve more from the people at the top of OUR club. The current regime are just milking us dry, we do need to show our feelings. Everyone gets wound up until PR tells us what we want to hear then everything is fine for a couple of weeks again.

WE DESERVE THE TRUTH

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My OPINION THEY SHOULD ALL f*cking GO, ALL THE MANAGEMENT, ALL OVER PAID AND ARE USELESS IN MY OPINION. I have defended the Club in the past, but The last 2 years all that has come out of there is lies and more lies in MY OPINION. I still say proper demonstrations should be held but Vince will shoot me down for this :cry:

ive always agreed with pr but i think we should wait untill the end of jan ,if the players havnt been bought or some tax debts paid off we should have a demo. i think hounding him out now will do more harm than good ,the one thing pr is good at is charming people and this could be a advantage when dealing with angry creditors hopefully the take over will happen and we will be going to the premiership :lol:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:16 pm

wez 1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:My OPINION THEY SHOULD ALL f*cking GO, ALL THE MANAGEMENT, ALL OVER PAID AND ARE USELESS IN MY OPINION. I have defended the Club in the past, but The last 2 years all that has come out of there is lies and more lies in MY OPINION. I still say proper demonstrations should be held but Vince will shoot me down for this :cry:

ive always agreed with pr but i think we should wait untill the end of jan ,if the players havnt been bought or some tax debts paid off we should have a demo. i think hounding him out now will do more harm than good ,the one thing pr is good at is charming people and this could be a advantage when dealing with angry creditors hopefully the take over will happen and we will be going to the premiership :lol:

Wez, Of course I agree with waiting till the end of Jan, but every where I go now, everyone I meet are so fed up about Our club and what they hear coming from there.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:36 pm

wez 1927 wrote:

Wez I agree we should see January out.

My minimum requirement by then is to have the tax bill paid and the club's short term future safe. After that I'm willing to give PR more time for the takeover to be completed.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:42 pm

I've got to say, there have been a handful of contributions from people who seem to think they have ideas as to how CCFC, indeed any business, should be run. You are effectively saying that such entities should be run as proper businesses, paying bills above spending money we do not have and other ludicrous business suggestions such as being honest to the customers who pay mine and our wages. I'm afraid I cannot disagree strongly enough and believe budgets are a thing of the past and poor business practice. Rules and regulations are there to be manipulated and abused, not adhered to, and the sooner you and others understand that the better. Maybe then I can collect a few more bonuses for things I haven't yet done or am likely to do. In the meantime, if you could all get behind the club as we have never had it so good and our finances have never been better. They are robust and transparent, as is every aspect of how we run the football club. I trust this e-mail is private between you, me and the select few thousand who occasionally hack into my account. Peter
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device