Re: I KNOW YOUVE HEARD ALL THIS FROM ME BEFORE

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:00 pm

no, the bottom of my trousers dont smell of piss after going to the bog :lol:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:03 pm

In a word .......Yes.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:03 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:no, the bottom of my trousers dont smell of piss after going to the bog :lol:

No serious, I just dont feel its My Club since we moved. :cry:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:04 pm

Yes, the amosphere in new ground is shit
but then again we did need a change
ninian was run down, but still it was a real football ground
not the the concrete bowl we have now

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:04 pm

The new stadium will NEVER replace Ninian Park, im sure it will in time create a better atmosphere than at present and also some memorable games in the future.

But for me Ninian Park will always be number 1. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I So wish they hadnt knocked My Second home down :cry:

Be Honest Do You miss it ?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Yes and no but more yes than no!

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:08 pm

Yes, I just don't get the same buzz walking into CCS as I did at NP.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:09 pm

boys, we have got to move on like thousands of other supporters, you dont here the jacks going on about it anymore same as man city, sunderland etc etc,

now no more grizzling and lets get on with it

you all need to come over to the canton stand, simples

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:11 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:boys, we have got to move on like thousands of other supporters, you dont here the jacks going on about it anymore same as man city, sunderland etc etc,

I cant Baz :cry: :cry: :cry: , I will put you a photo on here next week and show you my wooden seats from Sect A, The Section A Sign,The crash barrier from the Bob and some of the pitch, All in MY Back Garden :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:12 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:boys, we have got to move on like thousands of other supporters, you dont here the jacks going on about it anymore same as man city, sunderland etc etc,

Im over the Canton Stand next season Baz, but i will still probably grizzle about Ninian Park. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I cant Baz :cry: :cry: :cry: , I will put you a photo on here next week and show you my wooden seats from Sect A, The Section A Sign,The crash barrier from the Bob and some of the pitch, All in MY Back Garden :cry: :cry: :cry:

At Ninian Park, we would off INVADED THE BOARD ROOM :lol:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

we can now throw snoballs at the security guard :lol:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:20 pm

At Ninian I felt part of the club and part of every football match now I'm just watching the games as an outsider. It's almost like watching any old game on TV

We had to move, the comfort of the stadium is an improvement but this way of watching football isn't really for me.

It's changed the whole experience and I do wonder after a couple of seasons whether I'll drift away and leave it to the new breed of supporter happy to sit and clap at the appropritae time

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:23 pm

RobP wrote:At Ninian I felt part of the club and part of every football match now I'm just watching the games as an outsider. It's almost like watching any old game on TV

We had to move, the comfort of the stadium is an improvement but this way of watching football isn't really for me.

It's changed the whole experience and I do wonder after a couple of seasons whether I'll drift away and leave it to the new breed of supporter happy to sit and clap at the appropritae time

i dont sit, we are in the canton its like a big terrace, i think a lot of the boys dont like it cos they are sitting, :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:30 pm

To be honest I think every1 misses NP, and the new ccs is the way forward, just wish the atmosphere could be a little better :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:31 pm

I didnt think it would bother me but it hurts to go past there to many memories wish the new ground was further away

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:50 pm

I miss the old club shop

seriously now, it was great

felt at home there, new one is like st davids centre, shite

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:01 pm

Sludge wrote:I miss the old club shop

seriously now, it was great

felt at home there, new one is like st davids centre, shite

Sludge I was frightened when I saw you had posted you were going to upset me more :cry: and you have :cry:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:04 pm

Only been to the new stadium once[Boxing day] and walking down Sloper rd that day and seeing a builders hoarding and a massive open space were the Grandstand once was really shook me,but to be honest in my opinion NP was never the same the day they pulled down the roof on the Grangend . With all the reductions in capacity since and the alterations made to the Canton Stand Enclosure and Bob Bank NP was just not the same place as when i made my first visit with me dad in 64 so yes despite all this i will miss the place greatly,but they can bulldoze through the bricks and mortar and call it progress[and i'm sure they are right]but the memories both good and bad, especially the times with my dad and years later when i took my sons DOWN THE CITY will always be there.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:05 pm

Leaving Ninian Park has had a massive influence on my (lack) of attendance in the new stadium. I play parks football most Saturday's and have done for a couple of season's now so can't make a lot of games nowadays... however last season if my game was called off (weather) and Cardiff were at home I'd think to myself "yes, i can go to the game now". This season if my game is off and Cardiff are at home I just don't have the same desire to go buy a ticket and 'be apart' of the new Cardiff City FC football experience. Quite simply I just don't like the new stadium. I can appreciate all the reasons for the move and all the benefits that come with it but for me, City will never quite be the same. I do, I miss Ninian Park like crazy and i'm only 27 but am so thankful that I managed to get in pretty much 15 full seasons of home games (bar 2 years when I was in UNI and only got to maybe 25% of home games).

Whenever this is discussed on ccmb the main concensus seems to be 'get over it' or 'the atmosphere was dead most of the time' etc. I can only speak for myself but since we got to the Championship I found the Grange End to have a superb atmosphere, even for the shit games where we played awful and lost there was a decent atmosphere in there and due to the away fans being next door always a good bit of banter. I used to also love looking over at Grandstand Block A rocking and the middle blocks of the Bob Bank bouncing. Some people might say this is a typically romantic and nostalgic view that isn't reality. It was to me. I used to love the getting ready part of the Saturday, quick bacon sandwich, a couple of mates turn up at my house and have a go at me because yet again because I'm not ready and am making everyone late for the pub lol. Sink a few in the Corp then leave for Ninian about 14:45...to arrive in the Grange End with 5 minutes to kick off...and no matter how busy it was we'd always manage to worm our way to 'our' turnstyle (one block over from the fence, one row down from the back) and what I really loved was that you'd see the same little groups of fans, in the same spots as they always were and they end up being your 'mates' albeit ones you only see every other week and most who you don't even know their name but their was always a "alright mate" or "yes bruv how you doing" when you got there... I don't know it just felt, for want of another word, nice!

I loved how Ninian Park looked, felt, presented itself!. I loved how it had a kick ass bad reputation and lots of away fans were scared to visit! I know that sounds childish and ridiculous but it's like when you're on holiday and you're talking football with someone, a hell of a lot of the time as soon as they'd find out you're a Cardiff fan they'd make some comment about our fans being nutters and our stadium being very intimidating to visit... and in a way I felt some kind of pride in that...

So yeah, basically I miss NP, football to me hasn't been the same since and I don't feel like I'm 'part' of Cardiff City anymore. Coupled with what is, in my opinion, a dreadful atmosphere even when we're winning and I guess that's why I've only been to 3 home games so far (Scunthorpe, Bristol City, Coventry.)

Please don't slaughter me, I'm only being honest and saying how I feel and I truly hope my feelings change in time, giving the Grange Enders their end back would be a start.

:ayatollah:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:09 pm

Francesco Totti wrote:Leaving Ninian Park has had a massive influence on my (lack) of attendance in the new stadium. I play parks football most Saturday's and have done for a couple of season's now so can't make a lot of games nowadays... however last season if my game was called off (weather) and Cardiff were at home I'd think to myself "yes, i can go to the game now". This season if my game is off and Cardiff are at home I just don't have the same desire to go buy a ticket and 'be apart' of the new Cardiff City FC football experience. Quite simply I just don't like the new stadium. I can appreciate all the reasons for the move and all the benefits that come with it but for me, City will never quite be the same. I do, I miss Ninian Park like crazy and i'm only 27 but am so thankful that I managed to get in pretty much 15 full seasons of home games (bar 2 years when I was in UNI and only got to maybe 25% of home games).

Whenever this is discussed on ccmb the main concensus seems to be 'get over it' or 'the atmosphere was dead most of the time' etc. I can only speak for myself but since we got to the Championship I found the Grange End to have a superb atmosphere, even for the shit games where we played awful and lost there was a decent atmosphere in there and due to the away fans being next door always a good bit of banter. I used to also love looking over at Grandstand Block A rocking and the middle blocks of the Bob Bank bouncing. Some people might say this is a typically romantic and nostalgic view that isn't reality. It was to me. I used to love the getting ready part of the Saturday, quick bacon sandwich, a couple of mates turn up at my house and have a go at me because yet again because I'm not ready and am making everyone late for the pub lol. Sink a few in the Corp then leave for Ninian about 14:45...to arrive in the Grange End with 5 minutes to kick off...and no matter how busy it was we'd always manage to worm our way to 'our' turnstyle (one block over from the fence, one row down from the back) and what I really loved was that you'd see the same little groups of fans, in the same spots as they always were and they end up being your 'mates' albeit ones you only see every other week and most who you don't even know their name but their was always a "alright mate" or "yes bruv how you doing" when you got there... I don't know it just felt, for want of another word, nice!

I loved how Ninian Park looked, felt, presented itself!. I loved how it had a kick ass bad reputation and lots of away fans were scared to visit! I know that sounds childish and ridiculous but it's like when you're on holiday and you're talking football with someone, a hell of a lot of the time as soon as they'd find out you're a Cardiff fan they'd make some comment about our fans being nutters and our stadium being very intimidating to visit... and in a way I felt some kind of pride in that...

So yeah, basically I miss NP, football to me hasn't been the same since and I don't feel like I'm 'part' of Cardiff City anymore. Coupled with what is, in my opinion, a dreadful atmosphere even when we're winning and I guess that's why I've only been to 3 home games so far (Scunthorpe, Bristol City, Coventry.)

Please don't slaughter me, I'm only being honest and saying how I feel and I truly hope my feelings change in time, giving the Grange Enders their end back would be a start.

Now youve made me cry even more :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

BRILLIANT POST :cry:

Please email me your address for the shirt :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:12 pm

ELY BOY wrote:f**k yeah. Got Ninian Park as my wallpaper on my phone and hate and I mean HATE the new stadium. It feels like cheating even setting foot in CCS. Pile of wank stadium

Simon, do you want to go to Bristol City away with us Next Tuesday, Not leaving till 5pm.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Francesco Totti wrote:Leaving Ninian Park has had a massive influence on my (lack) of attendance in the new stadium. I play parks football most Saturday's and have done for a couple of season's now so can't make a lot of games nowadays... however last season if my game was called off (weather) and Cardiff were at home I'd think to myself "yes, i can go to the game now". This season if my game is off and Cardiff are at home I just don't have the same desire to go buy a ticket and 'be apart' of the new Cardiff City FC football experience. Quite simply I just don't like the new stadium. I can appreciate all the reasons for the move and all the benefits that come with it but for me, City will never quite be the same. I do, I miss Ninian Park like crazy and i'm only 27 but am so thankful that I managed to get in pretty much 15 full seasons of home games (bar 2 years when I was in UNI and only got to maybe 25% of home games).

Sorry, i'm filling up too! :cry:

Address on it's way, though I already have a signed shirt but what I don't have are ANY of your books so I'll happily take them instead :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:20 pm

Francesco Totti wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sorry, i'm filling up too! :cry:

Address on it's way, though I already have a signed shirt but what I don't have are ANY of your books so I'll happily take them instead :D :ayatollah:

I will send you My 5 Books instead ALL SIGNED :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:24 pm

Quality! Thanks a lot Annis. Well glad I posted now lol :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:27 pm

ELY BOY wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:f**k yeah. Got Ninian Park as my wallpaper on my phone and hate and I mean HATE the new stadium. It feels like cheating even setting foot in CCS. Pile of wank stadium

Simon, do you want to go to Bristol City away with us Next Tuesday, Not leaving till 5pm.

Hi mate, I saw on Chegs facebook that you were all going up. I can't make it though as it's my mates 30th b'day. Cheers anyway :ayatollah:

No probs. CONGRATULATIONS Simon, I bet your new lady looks after you :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:51 pm

I miss Ninian Park. I was looking at pictures today and was getting all nostalgic. Pictures of me and my mates on the Bob Bank, of both my kids first games. Reminiscing about drinking my half time Bow in the pissing down rain in the Bob Bank bar. I have a lot of good memories from Ninian Park. CCS is not the same and I hate it. It's turned once roaring fans into passionless prawn sandwichers. I has no indimidatory factor, no feeling and no character.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:15 pm

Never get over losing our ground,but the memories keep me going.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

the clemo days were good,pitch invasion people using towels as banners with clemo out on quality. :lol: