Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TRUST AND TRUTH

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:04 am

This whole situation could have been avoided with a bit more truth being told. The man's ego is one of the problems and he ain't unique because Sam was similar in many ways.
It must be a macho thing to make out your loaded, everything is O.K. and it's all rosy.Perhaps they see it as a sign of weakness and are scared the vultures will pile in. Well up here in the valleys and I'm sure it's much the same in the rest of South Wales, if one of our own needs help, we rally round and stick together.

This whole raising funds by season ticket deals drove me mad, "we are offering this deal to reward our fans for their support and loyalty" MY ARSE, totally condescending and patronising.

IF he'd have come out and appealed to us saying something along the lines of "we need your help, if we are going to get some stability,get through our cash flow problems, and look to bring in some good class loan players to give us a push on for possible promotion, or at the least some stability".

I am sure he'd have had the right response from us, and if he didn't then we'd have brought the outcome on ourselves anyway and have to accept the outcome.

However it doesn't help the situation to see and hear about the huge wages, bonus's and flash cars we see in the car park, perhaps a better example could be set there.

But as fans we have always supported our club and always will, however, don't treat us as imbeciles, don't try and divide us and cause divided groups, Supporters , club, Trust, Annis and Mikes message boards etc.. are all in this together.

If anything telling us our backs are against the wall and we got to stick together and fight our way out of trouble then more than likely it would give us some focus and pull us closer together, try the honesty approach, you may be surprised at the help we can provide.

Re: TRUST AND TRUTH

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:19 am

great post,agree with everything u say

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:22 am

Totaly agree Gwyn, why insult our inteligence? You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time!

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:23 am

Excellent post Gwyn. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:34 am

brill post and i agree with everything in it :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:37 am

top post gwyn,hit the nail on the head.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:43 am

got to agree with that :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:42 pm

I agree with your view about the 'rewarding the fans' slogan which accompanied the Platinum Ambassador launch as it was so obviously bogus.

However, I think it is very naive to believe the club would have ever be so honest as to say, 'we have a £3m tax bill and need your money to pay it'

That would have killed sales stone dead and let’s not kid ourselves over that.

However, the Trust did ask Ridsdale and Whitley directly in early November if the club had ‘cash flow’ problems. In fairness they candidly admitted there was ‘from time to time’

I know that won’t be enough for some but in this day and age it’s the best we can expect this side of an AGM/EGM.

It was enough for me and I bought my tickets the next day.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:46 pm

Ridsdale is not 'one of our own' :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:53 pm

According to last night's Echo, Ridsdale is quoted as saying “I would go so far as to say that come January 31, we will be holding a press conference to parade the players we have brought in during the month.”

What on earth is that supposed to mean ? You wouldn't hols a press conference to parade a player you bought 2 weeks ago ! Absolute drivel.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:05 pm

BigGwynram wrote:This whole situation could have been avoided with a bit more truth being told. The man's ego is one of the problems and he ain't unique because Sam was similar in many ways.
It must be a macho thing to make out your loaded, everything is O.K. and it's all rosy.Perhaps they see it as a sign of weakness and are scared the vultures will pile in. Well up here in the valleys and I'm sure it's much the same in the rest of South Wales, if one of our own needs help, we rally round and stick together.

This whole raising funds by season ticket deals drove me mad, "we are offering this deal to reward our fans for their support and loyalty" MY ARSE, totally condescending and patronising.

IF he'd have come out and appealed to us saying something along the lines of "we need your help, if we are going to get some stability,get through our cash flow problems, and look to bring in some good class loan players to give us a push on for possible promotion, or at the least some stability".

I am sure he'd have had the right response from us, and if he didn't then we'd have brought the outcome on ourselves anyway and have to accept the outcome.

However it doesn't help the situation to see and hear about the huge wages, bonus's and flash cars we see in the car park, perhaps a better example could be set there.

But as fans we have always supported our club and always will, however, don't treat us as imbeciles, don't try and divide us and cause divided groups, Supporters , club, Trust, Annis and Mikes message boards etc.. are all in this together.

If anything telling us our backs are against the wall and we got to stick together and fight our way out of trouble then more than likely it would give us some focus and pull us closer together, try the honesty approach, you may be surprised at the help we can provide.

This last few weeks have been a nightmare for the club, but hopefully we can get some players in, possibly through the sale of Matthews and push on a bit ????

Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:39 pm

Spot on Gwyn..credibility and respect take years to achieve and minutes to be wrecked.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:58 pm

great post Gwyn! also great comment from corky too.You can't buy respect you have to earn it!!