Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Schools

Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Shut again tomorrow in Cardiff

http://www.cardiff.gov.uk/content.asp?n ... 65&id=9627

Quite pathetic really we only had a few inches and the schools are shut for 3 days at least

Re: Schools

Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:40 pm

I think they take into account that some buses can't access certain routes and it just creates too many problems especially due to the ice so they're taking the time off to make sure the routes that the school buses take are clear.

I might be wrong though. Who cares? Give the kids some time off! :D

Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:46 pm

all cardiff schools closed tomorrow as well

Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:54 pm

That's it bash the teacher; a ready made target in this weather. I taught for 27 years in a valley school and never failed to get into work if the school was open, as did the overwhelming majority of staff. On a few occasions I got in and found it was closed. What many fail to realize in this litigation riddled society is that now it is always better to be safe than sorry. Imagine the headlines if a child was seriously hurt getting to/from the school or worse in school. No doubt who the culprits would be then. You've guessed it ... the staff for turning up and cries of, "Why wasn't it shut!" would be heard from every street corner.

These are exceptional circumstances as were the winters of 46-47, 63 and others. You only have to see the number of sporting fixtures that are off to see that. Understanding costs nothing but is priceless.

StT.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:55 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:That's it bash the teacher; a ready made target in this weather. I taught for 27 years in a valley school and never failed to get into work if the school was open, as did the overwhelming majority of staff. On a few occasions I got in and found it was closed. What many fail to realize in this litigation riddled society is that now it is always better to be safe than sorry. Imagine the headlines if a child was seriously hurt getting to/from the school or worse in school. No doubt who the culprits would be then. You've guessed it ... the staff for turning up and cries of, "Why wasn't it shut!" would be heard from every street corner.

These are exceptional circumstances as were the winters of 46-47, 63 and others. You only have to see the number of sporting fixtures that are off to see that. Understanding costs nothing but is priceless.

StT.

not porth comp i hope :lol: