Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DOES THE £2.7MHAVE TO BE PAID TOMORROW ?

Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:19 pm

So much happened in last 5 days. Do we have to pay the HRMC tomorrow, or have I got it wrong !

Re: DOES THE £2.7MHAVE TO BE PAID TOMORROW ?

Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:31 pm

I thought it was yesterday. :?

Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:37 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:So much happened in last 5 days. Do we have to pay the HRMC tomorrow, or have I got it wrong !

Sorry that information can only be released to Positive Platambos.............. :lol:

Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:08 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:So much happened in last 5 days. Do we have to pay the HRMC tomorrow, or have I got it wrong !

Sorry that information can only be released to Positive Platambos.............. :lol:

Ok, here goes .... I've got a really good feeling that Peter has paid the HMRC in full today, because that's when they wanted their money. Can anyone possibly confirm whether my optimism is well founded ?

Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:55 pm

I think Annis said it was yesterday, however if we can get it paid before HM Courts issue a winding up order on us that should suffice. Not sure when the next companies winding up order day is, from memory I think it's a Wednesday.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:57 pm

Yep just had a look the last companies winding up order day was Wednesday 16th December probably off since for Xmas and New Year.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:23 pm

PR has shown them the majority of the money and paid a lot of it in, and at this moment, once again they are happy, dependant on the rest coming in during the next week :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:PR has shown them the majority of the money and paid a lot of it in, and at this moment, once again they are happy, dependant on the rest coming in during the next week :ayatollah:

so some of the £2.7 million has been paId to HMRC? and they want it all by next wednesday then? is that what you are saying?
Last edited by ihatealiens on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:PR has shown them the majority of the money and paid a lot of it in, and at this moment, once again they are happy, dependant on the rest coming in during the next week :ayatollah:

Would that be most of the £2.7mil or most of an instalment Annis? (as per an agreement)

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:29 pm

was the 2.7million figure realy what we had to pay or would that be the figure that would of be due if we were wound up today? eg they were happy with 1.2 million for the time being ?

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:34 pm

wez 1927 wrote:

was the 2.7million figure realy what we had to pay or would that be the figure that would of be due if we were wound up today? eg they were happy with 1.2 million for the time being ?

I doubt the taxman is ever happy, but he might be a little less pissed off with us. :D

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:50 pm

the words ''blood'' and ''stone'' comes to mind :o

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:57 pm

So my season ticket money has gone to the taxman, and not on new players to give us that second half of season push, that we didn't have before, and that which we were promised would 100% happen this time as 100% of my season ticket money would go on strengthening the squad ?

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:58 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:the words ''blood'' and ''stone'' comes to mind :o

Well once you have reneged on a payment plan, they will come down hard. Don't forget part of the £2.7 million pound bill which we are alleged to owe according to TNOW is a £400,000 Penalty for unpaid tax in the tax year 2008/09 again this comes from the same article in TNOW. So our history of paying tax it seems isnt too clever.