Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cant see the game being on

Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:42 pm

Cant see the game being on now this Saturday, Last time the club said they didnt have enough grit to grit all off car park and as the car park is owned by the council they would do it.

The council have said they are only doing main routes now (see link)

http://www.cardiff.gov.uk/content.asp?n ... 65&id=9627

Only Leckwith road is on there so none of the car parking areas will get done or Ninian park side.

Re: Cant see the game being on

Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:53 pm

If that is the case, then will the retail park, as other posters have mentioned, be closed aswell?
Some how, i don't think so. In my opinion we really NEED to play Saturday!

Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:56 pm

what about the blackpool fans they might be snowed in ???

Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:57 pm

Dont think it matters if the blackpool fans can make it or not just the players really

Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:58 pm

thats ok then pr said the games on hes never let us down before :lol:

Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:59 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:If that is the case, then will the retail park, as other posters have mentioned, be closed aswell?
Some how, i don't think so. In my opinion we really NEED to play Saturday!

Ye i agree we really need to play but do you see 20000 people going to asda,costco,jjb etc.... at near enough the same time ?

And in town some of the shops such as House of Fraser are shutting earlier because of the weather.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:45 pm

Beleive it or not, supermarkets espesially, are extra busy during spells of bad weather that we are experiencing at the moment.
The weather forcast is not looking good for this weekend either, so i would not be surprissed by a mass shopping spree, especially for basics. I've worked in food/fmcg retail myself, & know shoppers go mad when it snows.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:48 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Beleive it or not, supermarkets espesially, are extra busy during spells of bad weather that we are experiencing at the moment.
The weather forcast is not looking good for this weekend either, so i would not be surprissed by a mass shopping spree, especially for basics. I've worked in food/fmcg retail myself, & know shoppers go mad when it snows.

i lve in porth, so i will take your advice and panic buy :lol: there wont be a smidge of milk or a crumb of bread left in the world now ;)

Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:50 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:Beleive it or not, supermarkets espesially, are extra busy during spells of bad weather that we are experiencing at the moment.

i lve in porth, so i will take your advice and panic buy :lol: there wont be a smidge of milk or a crumb of bread left in the world now ;)

They are usually the first products to sell out, followed by booze. :lol:

Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:51 pm

Was at the stadium today, told that they are planning for a snow plow and gritter to clear the car park tomorrow. However, the steps in the stands were covered in ice and I can't see them all being cleared for saturday. Health and Safety nightmare.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:58 pm

bspark wrote:Was at the stadium today, told that they are planning for a snow plow and gritter to clear the car park tomorrow. However, the steps in the stands were covered in ice and I can't see them all being cleared for saturday. Health and Safety nightmare.

lots of saxo needed then