Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE ONLY PROBLEM IS, IF WE CONTINUE

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:45 pm

To Sell these Bargain 5 year Season tickets through January, Surely in the long run, its No Healthy for Our Club and Any Future Owner wont be happy. OPINIONS PLEASE ?

Re: THE ONLY PROBLEM IS, IF WE CONTINUE

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:46 pm

where else does the club get the cash from???

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:49 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:where else does the club get the cash from???

Hardly any from food or Bars as all sold off.

Sponsors.
About £700,000 a year from Eggs.
Club Shop My Books lol

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:50 pm

f**k are they selling 3 million books are year :lol:

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:51 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:f**k are they selling 3 million books are year :lol:

If they were I would be Our Chairman :lol:

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:f**k are they selling 3 million books are year :lol:

If they were I would be Our Chairman :lol:

dan brown maybe :lol: :lol:

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:54 pm

If it was me buying the club i would wait until we went into admin save paying the money back to langston,on the season ticket front i wouldnt be happy as there will be no ticket revenue no food revenue next season so where would the money come from i do think they must have given the ok for this.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:To Sell these Bargain 5 year Season tickets through January, Surely in the long run, its No Healthy for Our Club and Any Future Owner wont be happy. OPINIONS PLEASE ?

It's the same recipe for disaster Ridsdale used at Leeds.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:56 pm

£6m from next seasons turnover has already been spent. At full turnover of approx £16m we make a loss, that's before debt repayments to PMG, Langston, tax payments and all othe creditors are factored in. We face a black hole of approximately £10m to fill next season, something that surely will have major ramifications in regards the takeover/ investment talks. I'm astounded there are clearly articulate guys who still defend the man in the face of such obvious incompetence.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:56 pm

elliott wrote:If it was me buying the club i would wait until we went into admin save paying the money back to langston,on the season ticket front i wouldnt be happy as there will be no ticket revenue no food revenue next season so where would the money come from i do think they must have given the ok for this.

Spot on thats What I would do and I feel the Malaysians are doing the same, cant blame them.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:57 pm

Gerry Hat Trick wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:To Sell these Bargain 5 year Season tickets through January, Surely in the long run, its No Healthy for Our Club and Any Future Owner wont be happy. OPINIONS PLEASE ?

its all borrow borrow borrow, till there is nothing left to borrow on

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:57 pm

Gerry Hat Trick wrote:

I can see it coming.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
elliott wrote:If it was me buying the club i would wait until we went into admin save paying the money back to langston,on the season ticket front i wouldnt be happy as there will be no ticket revenue no food revenue next season so where would the money come from i do think they must have given the ok for this.

Spot on thats What I would do and I feel the Malaysians are doing the same, cant blame them.

but could they afford a 10 point deduction and another year in championship

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:03 pm

has anyone really got any evidence the takover might happen?

How about PR approached them to borrow money as opposed to any takeover?

Dont belive a word that comes out of PR. in my opinion

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:06 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

but could they afford a 10 point deduction and another year in championship

Cheaper than paying 15mil to langston and we would be safe this year and would have 15 mil extra for players next year

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:07 pm

Didn't Pete (CCFC WORCESTER) point this out last week.

Its definitely a gamble in my eyes. If we get to the Premiership everything (in theory) will work out out fine, but if we don't make it, we could be in more trouble than we're in right now!

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:08 pm

Programme sales.. :lol:

Thats all thats left..

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Hardly any from food or Bars as all sold off.

If the club were to go into administration, would this be affected at all?

I mean, if we went into admin/got it all sorted/came back out of admin. Would we then get the catering revenue, or would it still belong to compass?

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:11 pm

mpdblue wrote:has anyone really got any evidence the takover might happen?

How about PR approached them to borrow money as opposed to any takeover?

Dont belive a word that comes out of PR. in my opinion

No, its not guaranteed to happen, BUT THEY HAVE DEF NOT GIVEN UP ON US, They just want us at their Value.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:12 pm

welshman wrote:Programme sales.. :lol:

Thats all thats left..

You forgot the club shop annis you need to start writing sone more books :lol: :lol:

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:14 pm

My take on it:

It's desperate times. 100% due to Ridsdale. Well, 99% Ridsdale, 1% Sam ;)

Ridsdale has now sold off ALL future income streams possible, and this still won't be enough unless we get investment.

If the Malaysians walk away I do think we're screwed.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:18 pm

I agree it is a very very risky strategy however there are other income streams...

Prize money (cup and league finish)
TV money
Merchandise sales (shirts etc not sure of the deal with puma so might not be much of a %)
Walk up ticket sales (if we have almost 11,000 ST sales we are averaging another 10,000 in walk ups & more than this for the bigger games)
Sponsorship money (Sbobet deal is another year isn't it?)
Naming rights....may happen but clutching at straws!!!

& the usual player sales

Would hope there is a business strategy to avoid the big A....trying to stay positive :shock:

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:21 pm

fingers88 wrote:I agree it is a very very risky strategy however there are other income streams...

Prize money (cup and league finish)
TV money
Merchandise sales (shirts etc not sure of the deal with puma so might not be much of a %)
Walk up ticket sales (if we have almost 11,000 ST sales we are averaging another 10,000 in walk ups & more than this for the bigger games)
Sponsorship money (Sbobet deal is another year isn't it?)
Naming rights....may happen but clutching at straws!!!

& the usual player sales

Would hope there is a business strategy to avoid the big A....trying to stay positive :shock:

Your right I forgot them, I have screaming baby in my arms lol

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:22 pm

Prize money won't be until the summer, far too late to help the current cash flow for several months.
Next seasons TV money has already been borrowed and spent.
Merchandising is unlikely to bring in anything remotely substantial.
Home games provide around £100k, there are over 16k season ticket holders.
I would presume sponsorship money is paid in advance, hence already spent.
Naming rights, I don't think so!
Player sales, now you're talking! Probably won't be that many, even though it's what needs to happen. Many fans may not like it, but selling players and cutting costs is what keeps us going.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:26 pm

saladthedragon wrote:Prize money won't be until the summer, far too late to help the current cash flow for several months.
Next seasons TV money has already been borrowed and spent.
Merchandising is unlikely to bring in anything remotely substantial.
Home games provide around £100k, there are over 16k season ticket holders.
I would presume sponsorship money is paid in advance, hence already spent.
Naming rights, I don't think so!
Player sales, now you're talking! Probably won't be that many, even though it's what needs to happen. Many fans may not like it, but selling players and cutting costs is what keeps us going.

Ah well Salad was worth a try :lol:

Annis, isn't that what the Mrs is for??!! :D