Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO Annis/Corky

Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:36 am

Gents,
Surely for their own reputation (particularly Harris who has a football related business to run) the CCFC board of directors must be coming to the conclusion they need to convene a board meeting and replace the chairman so as to present the board/club in a better light to both the Revenue and the Malaysians and last but not least the long suffering supporters until this is resolved?

Nothing as far as i am aware under company law would prevent Riddler staying on as a board member, as has been stated before if the Malaysians are going to invest they are now going to talk to the organ grinder(s) not PR anymore or am I missing something?

Good luck today boys, hopefully the players remain focused on the game not the amateur antics going on around them

Re: FAO Annis/Corky

Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:22 am

Nothing as far as i am aware under company law would prevent Riddler staying on as a board member, as has been stated before if the Malaysians are going to invest they are now going to talk to the organ grinder(s) not PR anymore or am I missing something?

The possibility that he could need to have to sell his shares to pay his own bills? The possibility that he would have no credibility left? Major shareholders can appoint their own board to run the club, If they believe Mr Ridsdale would be of no use on the board then he would get voted out.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:25 am

Well, playing devil's advocate, why would the major players want Ridsdale out?

You think Guy et al want all the abuse Ridsdale receives?

No fan of Ridsdale, but he's a handy scapegoat for others.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:00 pm

nerd wrote:Well, playing devil's advocate, why would the major players want Ridsdale out?

well put it this way if you were the malaysians and you found out that that the chairman had deceived you regarding the inland revenue and also the true nature of the clubs debt would you pump your millions in to let him carry on running the club into the ground.

he had an opportunity here to rebuild his reputation at cardiff but no he carried on in the same reckless way he ran leeds where he gives players ridiculously high wages, awards himself bonuses and makes the manager one of the highest paid in the country.
as an example we had fowler 25k. jfh 15k, sinclair 10k, pr 10k and a manager 18k thats some 4 million a year in wages and for a club with a 14 million turnover at the time you had 5 peoples wages using over a quarter of the clubs income.
The finish of the guy for me was in august when the club was already well behind with payments to the revenue he took a large stadium completion bonus for himself when that money would have been better served paying off the revenue.
The man has no love for this club whatsoever it has just been a vehicle for him to earn high wages and bonuses and live week to week off the clubs money.
If he had any feelings for this club he would have put that bonus money straight back into the clubs account.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:36 pm

The thing is with PR he was brought in to stabilise the club after Black Friday which he did quite successfully then for some reason proceeded to do away with all his good work and get us into the dwang again.

The current problems and debts are nothing to do with the debt to Langstone, they are all of PR's doing.

He has screwed up and should never be trusted to run a club or any business again.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:52 pm

nerd wrote:Well, playing devil's advocate, why would the major players want Ridsdale out?

Precisely!

Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:55 pm

maccydee wrote:The thing is with PR he was brought in to stabilise the club after Black Friday which he did quite successfully then for some reason proceeded to do away with all his good work and get us into the dwang again.

The current problems and debts are nothing to do with the debt to Langstone, they are all of PR's doing.

He has screwed up and should never be trusted to run a club or any business again.

i remember him saying hed learnt from his mistakes dont think so.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:04 pm

swansea jack wrote:
maccydee wrote:The thing is with PR he was brought in to stabilise the club after Black Friday which he did quite successfully then for some reason proceeded to do away with all his good work and get us into the dwang again.

you dont say, we all know riddler is a crook

Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:19 pm

swansea jack wrote:

And exactly what were Riddlers mistakes? When you find out you will see he has not done the same with us.