Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CONCERNED ABOUT SEASON TICKET DEAL ...

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:35 pm

This morning I am reading that it wasn't Ridsdale who said all the ST money would go on team strengthening, but 'the club' or Jones. He is using this as his get-out.

Now I don't want to sound alarmist, but isn't it the 'club' which has confirmed the new ST deal ? I can't find any reference to Ridsdale quoting it.

I have doubted the deal, and do so even more now.

Re: CONCERNED ABOUT SEASON TICKET DEAL ...

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:58 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:This morning I am reading that it wasn't Ridsdale who said all the ST money would go on team strengthening, but 'the club' or Jones. He is using this as his get-out.

Now I don't want to sound alarmist, but isn't it the 'club' which has confirmed the new ST deal ? I can't find any reference to Ridsdale quoting it.

To be honest if its a choice between paying the debt and avoiding admin or not bringing in new signings then its a no-brainer for me.

Hopefully we can sell one or 2 players for big money and use that to bring in 3-4 others.

Its awful to say it, but I wouldnt be too upset if we sacrificed matthews for the correct deal.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:58 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:This morning I am reading that it wasn't Ridsdale who said all the ST money would go on team strengthening, but 'the club' or Jones. He is using this as his get-out.

To be honest if its a choice between paying the debt and avoiding admin or not bringing in new signings then its a no-brainer for me.

Hopefully we can sell one or 2 players for big money and use that to bring in 3-4 others.

Its awful to say it, but I wouldnt be too upset if we sacrificed matthews for the correct deal.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:33 pm

totally agree
pay the man with the season tick dosh and sell mathews to strengthen the squad

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:36 pm

Doubt many if any would grumble at that - had it been put accross that way instead of all the bullshit.

It's the lies and broken promises that gets people down.