HONEST ANSWERS PLEASE ' Dec 7th 2010 '

Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:18 pm

If you were given a choice would you Replace this minute

HUGHTON for DAVE JONES ?

BE HONEST

Re: HONEST ANSWERS PLEASE

Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:20 pm

MOST DEFINITELY!!!! :old:

Not because I dislike DJ, but because Hughton can get a team promoted from championship to Premiership in one season! and sustain a good level of leadership skills!
Last edited by Merlin on Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:If you were given a choice would you Replace this minute

HUGHTON for DAVE JONES ?

BE HONEST

No, Jones needs to see this season out. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:22 pm

HUGHTON for DAVE JONES ?

BE HONEST

No has to be Alan Pardew for me but looks like he may be off to Newcastle. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:22 pm

HUGHTON for DAVE JONES ?

BE HONEST

ummmmmmmmmmm :lol:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:23 pm

No dont rate Houghton if you said Holloway it would be a massive yes :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:24 pm

birchblue wrote:No dont rate Houghton if you said Holloway it would be a massive yes :ayatollah:

I PREFER Ian Holloway, MY NO1 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:27 pm

HUGHTON for DAVE JONES ?

BE HONEST

i am massive of dave jones as you no annis but i am would have hughton in any day. he plays good football and knows when he wrong and SHOWS RESPECT and he got that up at Newcastle and we all no how hard that is to be fair to him.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:29 pm

However - you dont need to show massive levels of passion at pitch side to get your team playing well, look at Arsene Wenger, and Harry Redknapp - lifeless dolls during a game! But they do however have excellent leadership skills, clever tutoring methods, accept faults and mistakes as their own. The each know how to respect players individually and cater for each and every club players needs to a T. Thats what makes a good manager. Same applies to Fergusson, Ancelotti and O'neill. There is an exception to this in the name "Murinho" - but he's a effin head case and he's allowed to be!! his stats say so!

Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:30 pm

Yes I would. Not one of my favourite managers, but I think did very well at newcastle. Can only dream of getting mcleish, olly or warnock at the moment :(

Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:03 pm

100% no, Im a DJ fan anyway but im also not a fan of Hughton even tho he shouldn't of got sacked I do believe he was out of his depth at Newcastle.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:17 pm

amazing that when you think of all the jobs that have come up the last two years and the press always immediatley link jones with the job but he never seems to be approached to step up a division.
bearing in mind the cup final and play off finals albeit we lost both nobody seems to want to give him that big appointment.
Avram grant is a classic example
west ham employed him after listing jones as one of their main targets.
there can be no coincidence here.
my personal opinion is that he never seems to get the tactics right for the big games, he has no real faith in youngsters( only jone would leave ramsey out of the starting line up for the fa cup) he seems to hold personal grudges against certain players which seem detrimental to the team( gerrard prior to playoff final) and he seems unable to mend any fences with the local press.
it will be interesting to see what happens in the transfer window to see if he brings in another over thirties player who used to play under him at wolves and will be well past his sell by date and will keep adams or darcy out of the side.
I also disagree with his attitude toward reserve team fixtures. You cannot expect the likes of koumas , Mcphail and danny to have no game time for over a month and then make an instant impact from the bench.
why cant we play the odd league of wales side or bristol reserves every other week just to let the players coming back from injury get some semi competitive action and also give some of the aspiring acadamy players a run out with some first teamers to see if they can play together.
overall he has done really well for the club success wise but that has also been mixed with the fowler and jimmy floyd expensive flops.
to me every manager with the exception of fergie and wenger has a shelf life and eventually hits a wall where he can take the club no further
could our manager possibly have reached that point

Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:21 pm

steve davies wrote:amazing that when you think of all the jobs that have come up the last two years and the press always immediatley link jones with the job but he never seems to be approached to step up a division.
bearing in mind the cup final and play off finals albeit we lost both nobody seems to want to give him that big appointment.
my personal opinion is that he never seems to get the tactics right for the big games, he has no real faith in youngsters( only jone would leave ramsey out of the starting line up for the fa cup) he seems to hold personal grudges against certain players which seem detrimental to the team( gerrard prior to playoff final) and he seems unable to mend any fences with the local press.
it will be interesting to see what happens in the transfer window to see if he brings in another over thirties player who used to play under him at wolves and will be well past his sell by date and will keep adams or darcy out of the side.
I also disagree with his attitude toward reserve team fixtures. You cannot expect the likes of koumas , Mcphail and danny to have no game time for over a month and then make an instant impact from the bench.
why cant we play the odd league of wales side or bristol reserves every other week just to let the players coming back from injury get some semi competitive action and also give some of the aspiring acadamy players a run out with some first teamers to see if they can play together.
overall he has done really well for the club success wise but that has also been mixed with the fowler and jimmy floyd expensive flops.
to me every manager with the exception of fergie and wenger has a shelf life and eventually hits a wall where he can take the club no further

Good post that :ayatollah:

I would take Houghton over Jones any day of the week.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:48 pm

HUGHTON for DAVE JONES ?

BE HONEST

hughton,sorry but im b eing honest :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:51 pm

I believe he is in over his head. We all make mistakes in life, we make
mistakes every day. What worries me the most is that i dont think Jones
believes he's doing anything wrong.

He thinks his tried and tested blueprint is a winner, so when things start
going wrong it MUST be someone else's fault

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:06 pm

taffyapple wrote:I believe he is in over his head. We all make mistakes in life, we make
mistakes every day. What worries me the most is that i dont think Jones
believes he's doing anything wrong.

He thinks his tried and tested blueprint is a winner, so when things start
going wrong it MUST be someone else's fault

I know no one will agree with me and thats fine but I honestly believe a manager shouldnt show weakness, they are supposed to be leading the players, those players have to believe everything he says and go out and do what is said. If he is going about saying he gets it wrong, as a player you must surely question his future instructions. Just my opinion.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:09 pm

No.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:20 pm

i would rather keep jones the hughton, but hollaway thats a different matter :ayatollah:

and very good post steve :old:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:21 pm

I would agree with Holloway.

Tactically he is very sharp

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:23 pm

I would rather Hughton than Holloway, cant stand him in the slightest.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:33 pm

HUGHTON for DAVE JONES ?

BE HONEST

At the moment no, after all we are 2nd in the league with a poor defence.

Would a new Manager make a difference, would the fund still be there come January. As has been said many times before, I think it will be DJs last chance to get us up.

It we don't make it and I sincerely hope we do, Holloway after Blackpool get relegated!

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:50 pm

In a word, NO

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:58 am

OH please hughton over DJ!!
stevie wonder could have got newcastle promoted last year!!!
they had the same team they got now for fucks sake and they are 11th in prem!!!
they have an average prem squad as they did in championship last year an average prem squad will beat a champ squad 9 times outta 10 hence their promotion last year with over 102 points!!
i think chris did well to re motivate them after bad prem season and was doing well this year but when u have:-

harper(good keeper)

simpson
colocini (£10m rated)
taylor(£8m rated)
enrique(£4m)

barton (£3-4m)
nolan (£5m)
guthrie
Jonas(£4m)

carroll (excellent talent scoring for fun)
ameobi (great striker)

as 1st 11 in championship i think your job becomes easy to be honest

plus

BUTT(proven experience)
routledge
mike williamson
marlon harewood
ryan taylor
lovenkrands
alan smith
geremi
leon best
xisco
ranger
lua lua

plus others i think his job was quite easy to walk the league

some will say we are good on paper
maybe
BUT NOT THAT GOOD
starting 11 has no faults for championship
ours did and does as our 5-1 hammering last year at toon a game i was present at reminds me and haunts me good job the nightlife was cracking!!

DJ ALL THE WAY FOR ME!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:57 am

steve davies wrote:amazing that when you think of all the jobs that have come up the last two years and the press always immediatley link jones with the job but he never seems to be approached to step up a division.

Steve, Some very good comments amongst your post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:58 am

smakerzthebluebird wrote:OH please hughton over DJ!!
stevie wonder could have got newcastle promoted last year!!!
they had the same team they got now for fucks sake and they are 11th in prem!!!
they have an average prem squad as they did in championship last year an average prem squad will beat a champ squad 9 times outta 10 hence their promotion last year with over 102 points!!
i think chris did well to re motivate them after bad prem season and was doing well this year but when u have:-

harper(good keeper)

simpson
colocini (£10m rated)
taylor(£8m rated)
enrique(£4m)

barton (£3-4m)
nolan (£5m)
guthrie
Jonas(£4m)

carroll (excellent talent scoring for fun)
ameobi (great striker)

as 1st 11 in championship i think your job becomes easy to be honest

plus

BUTT(proven experience)
routledge
mike williamson
marlon harewood
ryan taylor
lovenkrands
alan smith
geremi
leon best
xisco
ranger
lua lua

plus others i think his job was quite easy to walk the league

some will say we are good on paper
maybe
BUT NOT THAT GOOD
starting 11 has no faults for championship
ours did and does as our 5-1 hammering last year at toon a game i was present at reminds me and haunts me good job the nightlife was cracking!!

DJ ALL THE WAY FOR ME!!!

And I believe, with the Players DJ has This Season, by now We should be at least 5pts clear at the top. :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:01 am

Annis I agree BUT why arnt we tho and why isnt this team beating everybody else for fun ??

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:10 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Annis I agree BUT why arnt we tho and why isnt this team beating everybody else for fun ??

Martyn, My Opinion

Were not jelling, to many players playing out off position, Manager has No plan B when things go wrong etc etc

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:13 am

dont think Whitts has played the same posn in 2 consequtive games yet and he's lost his scoring boots and I bet Olofinjani must be wondering who's going to play alongside him nxt ......... Bellamy is NOT a striker and no way shud start before Chops upfront . Infact Bellamy should only play in 433 or 451 , perhaps DJ got too many players to pick from ?

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:37 am

Yes :ayatollah: :ayatollah: But Holloway would also be my no 1 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: