Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ANSWER THIS ONE THEN

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:27 pm

Who was the Only player who went to every end of the ground to clap the fans and Not one otherCity player was left on the pitch.
Scored a goal and even Merson on Sky Sports said it was a goal.
He is a small player, yet Dave Jones instructed high balls in to the box???
Gave 110%.
rem he hasnt played a full game foe over 4 months.
Yes I am sticking up for Feeney as I wish the other players would give 110% .

Re: ANSWER THIS ONE THEN

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:29 pm

agree with you annis...... 100%..... totally commited..... but why has the other feeney thread been locked?

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:32 pm

Annis, you are right you cant fault his effort but I don't think he adds anything to what we've already got. Surely for he own sake he must need a move, it must be soul-destroying know you'll never get a run in the team.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:32 pm

i agree annis, and i was also wondering why the other had been locked? isnt this a place for discussion regardless of what people may or may not agree with ?

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:33 pm

Its not locked, Just read it how can he be called this, he at least had commitment.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:33 pm

Annis like i said 2 you Jones is a muppett why where we playing high balls 2 a small stricker, Dave Jones is a 1 trick pony high ball or f**k all Jones out now and Peter pinnocho Risdala to. I am determind these pair or pricks want wreck my club.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:34 pm

Annis all for supporting players and we love a player that will try - Warren is definitely that and I have seen him play plenty when he was at Bournemouth but we need better players than him to get to the prem

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:38 pm

Back of the Net wrote:Annis, you are right you cant fault his effort but I don't think he adds anything to what we've already got. Surely for he own sake he must need a move, it must be soul-destroying know you'll never get a run in the team.

I agree :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:40 pm

one man dont make a team not knocking them but dj is a tosser they can stick ther club up there arse ive cancelled my newcsatle trip and thats was the only one i was looking forward to cant watch this shit any more

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:40 pm

I missed the first half, but I have to say when he received the ball to foot he was looking for lay off's linked with McCormack for a few chances. BUT there was no support from central midfield. We're not going to score too many goals until its sorted. Come back soon McPhail.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:44 pm

When we're back in league one next season Feeney will be a prize asset !!

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:48 pm

Pathetic mid-field...............................End of!

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Who was the Only player who went to every end of the ground to clap the fans and Not one otherCity player was left on the pitch.
Gave 110%.

Just a shame we havent 11 passionate players on the pitch, if we did we would be coasting at the top of the league :(

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Who was the Only player who went to every end of the ground to clap the fans and Not one otherCity player was left on the pitch.
Gave 110%.

Two totally separate issues here.

The first in my opinion he is just not good enough at this level.

Second, his effort and commitment should not be the exception, so why should it be upheld as some great asset.

If anyone watched WBA V Forest last night, at the end of the game Billy Davies (Who I really don't like, but he seems to be a top manager) strode onto the pitch towards the Forest fans and made the odd one or two who were about to go down the tunnel do likewise. That manager would not allow his players to treat their supporters with the same level of contempt that most of ours show us. However, like managers in any industry will know, if you allow people to get away with something for too long it becomes the norm.

City are rotten throughout its management layers from the Riddler to DJ, the quicker we cut out this cancer, the quicker we can inject the passion THROUGHOUT the the club which is sadly missing at present.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:58 pm

Just a thought , but is Feeney playing in the position best suited to him ? He still seems a bit "lightweight" as a striker , but his touch and effort are great , so would he be better suited playing wide and running at fullbacks with the ball at his feet ?

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:58 pm

annis i know feeney is your mate,but its getting drawn out now the whole feeney saga,fairplay for clapping fans,give me a few grand and i will,the others got no balls to clap, feeney done ok today, held the ball up,like i knew he would,the yes men gang will join feeneys quality etc etc,but me for one wont,he is a honest lad but is not the answer,plain and simple....i look at the bigger picture we need wholesale changes throughout the side,we lack ability,pace,hunger,feeney is one of a lot who should go and play where they can have an impact,my honest opinion as usual. we are struggling massively,we need quality brought in,not squad players :!:

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:59 pm

It was really bad luck for Joshua Magennis getting injured, which is why Feeney got on . I thought the young lad did a great job, gutted for him.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:02 pm

Feeney gave 100% fair play to him
but i dont think he gives us an extra option
i just dont think he is up to the championship standard
i think league one is more his league

but im willing to give him support however long he is in the city shirt :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:03 pm

mrbluejay wrote:
Gave 110%.

Second, his effort and commitment should not be the exception, so why should it be upheld as some great asset.

Because most of our players havent got commitment and thats why its a MAJOR ISSUE.

If anyone watched WBA V Forest last night, at the end of the game Billy Davies (Who I really don't like, but he seems to be a top manager) strode onto the pitch towards the Forest fans and made the odd one or two who were about to go down the tunnel do likewise. That manager would not allow his players to treat their supporters with the same level of contempt that most of ours show us. However, like managers in any industry will know, if you allow people to get away with something for too long it becomes the norm.

City are rotten throughout its management layers from the Riddler to DJ, the quicker we cut out this cancer, the quicker we can inject the passion THROUGHOUT the the club which is sadly missing at present.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
mrbluejay wrote:
Gave 110%.

Because most of our players havent got commitment and thats why its a MAJOR ISSUE.

Yes you are absolutely right, most havent got any passion/commitment, however that should not be used as a way of putting Feeney on a pedestal, instead any decent Chief Exec/Chairman would see this as dressing room apathy and change the manager, who clearly can no longer inspire or motivate this group of players.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:11 pm

Gareth Bluebird wrote:Just a thought , but is Feeney playing in the position best suited to him ? He still seems a bit "lightweight" as a striker , but his touch and effort are great , so would he be better suited playing wide and running at fullbacks with the ball at his feet ?

I think you are right Gary, Feeney is no target man and that showed today. He could play off a target man, out wide in a 4-3-3 or what I would have liked today, up front with Chopra with McCormack just behind those 2.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:26 pm

disagree he is a league one player tops

Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:11 pm

sorry annis he's just not good enough!

Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:12 pm

Annis, it is great that he's commited. He was clearly trying his best today, I don't think he stopped running. I agree that the tactis we played didn't suit him, and that ideally he'd be given a run of games to get 'match fit'. BUT, is that a gamble we should be taking? We've got Jay, Chops, and Ross, who are better strikers (in my opinion). There's a saying, form is temorary; class is permanent.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:16 pm

Gave 110%.

Fair play, I thought that despite knowing he's been totally unwanted by his own manager since practically the minute he walked into the club, and being aware that he's never had any sort of run in the side to prove to DJ and our demanding supporters that he can hack it - He had a more than decent game bearing in mind his lack of first team football in months.
I for one was willing him to have a great game and stuff it down DJs throat and score the winner :D

Sadly, his goal was disallowed, but on effort and desire I was pleased for him, and thought he had a better touch than I was expecting.
Best of luck to him in my opinion, I hope he gets an opportunity to stake his claim for a place in the squad on a regular basis. And yes, how refreshing to see a player actually do all 4 sides of the ground at the end - Good on you Warren :ayatollah:

Peter

Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:17 pm

CCFC WORCESTER wrote:
Gave 110%.

Fair play, I thought that despite knowing he's been totally unwanted by his own manager since practically the minute he walked into the club, and being aware that he's never had any sort of run in the side to prove to DJ and our demanding supporters that he can hack it - He had a more than decent game bearing in mind his lack of first team football in months.
I for one was willing him to have a great game and stuff it down DJs throat and score the winner :D

Sadly, his goal was disallowed, but on effort and desire I was pleased for him, and thought he had a better touch than I was expecting.

That was brilliant by him too go over to all 4 sides of our ground and clap our fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Best of luck to him in my opinion, I hope he gets an opportunity to stake his claim for a place in the squad on a regular basis. And yes, how refreshing to see a player actually do all 4 sides of the ground at the end - Good on you Warren :ayatollah:

Peter

Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:35 pm

Got to admit that I wasn't happy that he was coming on as he's never looked much good in the past but I thought he worked hard with very little help or service today. I still don't think he'll get many goals at this level but he certainly took a step forward today.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:51 pm

I haven't read through the rest of this thread yet, but am i right in thinking that it was his goal that was dissallowed?

If so, what has the lad got to do to score?!?!?!

Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:55 pm

Ross Young wrote:I haven't read through the rest of this thread yet, but am i right in thinking that it was his goal that was dissallowed?

If so, what has the lad got to do to score?!?!?!

It was his goal and Merson on Sky said there was nothing wrong with it.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:02 pm

Three things:

1. Feeney gives his all I agree
2. He just is'nt good enough for this level
3. Jones should have brought him off for Chopra and not Mcormack.

The game was'nt right for him for a whole game to go and win it.