Re: why play 4 - 5 -1 at home

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:41 pm

Because our midfield is hopeless.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:44 pm

Because DJ IS HOPELESS and has to go.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:45 pm

Well we were quite clearly being overrun in midfield so he tried to change it to counteract Blackpool which is what everyone cries out for him to do. He does it people still have a pop.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:46 pm

He should match up, f**k dave jones about as much passion as a snowball!

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:47 pm

we didnt in the first half though , which caused Pool to alter their tactics

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Jones is useless. Cant read a game. Why is he still here?????

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:53 pm

if we had played 4-5-1 in 2nd half against posh we would have pissed it Jones is a tw*t

Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:05 pm

Don't really understand this. People were crying about us not playing 4-5-1 in the second half against Plymouth and Peterborough (and Ipswich?), and now, when he does do it, people are still moaning??

I don't like DJ very much, but it's unfair to moan at him for not doing something, then moan at him for doing it.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:07 pm

SteW wrote:Don't really understand this. People were crying about us not playing 4-5-1 in the second half against Plymouth and Peterborough (and Ipswich?), and now, when he does do it, people are still moaning??

I don't like DJ very much, but it's unfair to moan at him for not doing something, then moan at him for doing it.

You cant play 4-5-1 with Feeney upfront. You need somebody to hold the ball up. It also helps not having a full back playing centre midfield .

Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:59 pm

Bartlett_bluebird wrote:
SteW wrote:Don't really understand this. People were crying about us not playing 4-5-1 in the second half against Plymouth and Peterborough (and Ipswich?), and now, when he does do it, people are still moaning??

You cant play 4-5-1 with Feeney upfront. You need somebody to hold the ball up. It also helps not having a full back playing centre midfield .

He took what he had, and tried to match their formation. It wasn't perfect, but if we'd stuck to 4-4-2 and lost, people would be slaughtering him!

Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:07 pm

Bartlett_bluebird wrote:

I beg to differ - playing 4-5-1 requires a small fast forward to counter attack. Whats the point in playing a forward holding a ball up if there's no other strikers to work with? Wheres the logic in that....

Besides, we were asking about 4-5-1 when we were away from home, or when other teams were using the same formation - as usually oposing teams were just drowning us out in midfield.....

I think Jones is moving the team around to try and guage what passion and efforts others are putting in to a competetive game, but personally after such a long rest period - we should have stuck with the tried and tested methods for this one. We are dropping way too many points now at such a crucial part of the season thats its caused me from sitting on the sidelines about Jones to more like thinking it's about time Ridsdale looked for a new, charismatic coach who shows flair, personality, determination and physical pitch side motivation! Jones time is at CCFC is certainly coming to an agonising end with the fans.... we might be 4th in the league for now - but losing points like we are and watching the likes of Forest fly past us is slowly going to push us out of the play offs!

talk about Frustration....... :?