Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ronald Regan / Peter Ridsdale

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:49 pm

Do you really think Regan as President ran the USA ... course he never it was the little men behind him .

Wheres the backbone of the board keeping reigns on Ridders?

Re: Ronald Regan / Peter Ridsdale

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:51 pm

Many have posted of how PR is just the frontman of our club and maybe just a puppet who can talk like a politician. What's the truth ? I don't know , but if he is just the "face" then he can tell all if he leaves ?

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:53 pm

Also , how much decision making i left to PR ? How much cash has to be involved before the board say "We''ll make the call on that". How much can PR do alone ?

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:54 pm

Blue To The Bone. wrote:Do you really think Regan as President ran the USA ... course he never it was the little green men behind him .

Were they Martians or Malaysians?

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:57 pm

Gareth Bluebird wrote:Also , how much decision making i left to PR ? How much cash has to be involved before the board say "We''ll make the call on that". How much can PR do alone ?

well he took the stadium completion bonus against the express wishes of other board members so i guess he is a law unto himself.
He is employed by the football club to look after all aspects including the finances.
as he has held the purse strings and we are millions in debt then its down to him.
taxi for ridsdale

Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:01 pm

steve davies wrote:
Gareth Bluebird wrote:Also , how much decision making i left to PR ? How much cash has to be involved before the board say "We''ll make the call on that". How much can PR do alone ?

well he took the stadium completion bonus against the express wishes of other board members so i guess he is a law unto himself.
He is employed by the football club to look after all aspects including the finances.
as he has held the purse strings and we are millions in debt then its down to him.
taxi for ridsdale

He is Chairman with his pals as fellow directors. It is therefore logical to conclude he can do almost anything he wants unless the shareholders oust him.

Unfortunatley most of the sigificant shareholders are his friends also.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:03 pm

make it a mini bus taxi and take hall/ guy wanker whitley and orville with him

Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:30 pm

I can't disagree with any of you ................ I just find it strange that he is allowed to do what he wants. He is basically playing with their money (in shares) and given a free reign ? With his track record ? That can't be right ? I am not defending PR in any way (Taxi for Ridsdale , I agree) , I'm just concerned that this goes deeper ? The people behind him must have a say , it's their money !!!!! They are all to blame , aren't they ? Or am I missing something ?