Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Club doing bugger all to attract families

Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:26 pm

I am a fan of 30 plus years and have been an exile for over 20 years. I have 3 kids and a 4th on the way who have been all indoctrinated into the ccfc way of life-my 2 lads (12 & 6) both get loads of stick from their Chelsea, Arsenal, Man u, Scouse supporting mates for following ccfc. The next baby is also a boy and he too will be a ccfc fan.

I cant justify having a season ticket due to my job and also where i live (Andover) which means i struggle to get to evening games. I try to get over to all saturday games but i am trying to stick to a strict budget to pay off credit card debts.

I booked my Blackpool tickets for me and the boys at xmas time. Was suprised that i couldnt get 3 together in fam stand (cost would have been about 30 quid for the 3 of us) so i went for ninian stand tickets (cost 60 quid). Looked at fam stand today and there were hundreds of empty seats. Just to get to the ground costs me over 30 quid with petrol, bridge and parking plus what i spend on crap for the kids and although i earn reasonable money my mrs is about to go on maternity leave so her pay is going to be cut which means i'm going to have watch the pennies abit. I now cannot afford to go to the Doncaster Rovers game. Had i got fam stand tickets today i would be in a position to go to the rovers game.

The club has not got a clue and does not care about its fans.

Re: Club doing bugger all to attract families

Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:28 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:I am a fan of 30 plus years and have been an exile for over 20 years. I have 3 kids and a 4th on the way who have been all indoctrinated into the ccfc way of life-my 2 lads (12 & 6) both get loads of stick from their Chelsea, Arsenal, Man u, Scouse supporting mates for following ccfc. The next baby is also a boy and he too will be a ccfc fan.

I cant justify having a season ticket due to my job and also where i live (Andover) which means i struggle to get to evening games. I try to get over to all saturday games but i am trying to stick to a strict budget to pay off credit card debts.

I booked my Blackpool tickets for me and the boys at xmas time. Was suprised that i couldnt get 3 together in fam stand (cost would have been about 30 quid for the 3 of us) so i went for ninian stand tickets (cost 60 quid). Looked at fam stand today and there were hundreds of empty seats. Just to get to the ground costs me over 30 quid with petrol, bridge and parking plus what i spend on crap for the kids and although i earn reasonable money my mrs is about to go on maternity leave so her pay is going to be cut which means i'm going to have watch the pennies abit. I now cannot afford to go to the Doncaster Rovers game. Had i got fam stand tickets today i would be in a position to go to the rovers game.

The club has not got a clue and does not care about its fans.

my father took my newphew down today in the family stand and it only cost £23 for both of them i thought that was pretty good

Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:29 pm

I can detect apathy generally within the current regime

Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:30 pm

II couldnt get 3 tickets together in family stand yet i booked a few weeks ago. The prices in the family stand are good but there is not enough available seats.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:40 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:II couldnt get 3 tickets together in family stand yet i booked a few weeks ago. The prices in the family stand are good but there is not enough available seats.

i think alot of season tickets holders didnt turn up in family stand today my father got them outside the ground to from tickets office