Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So its Yanks buying you out now!!

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:00 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -25563387/

Jesus Christ,who next,:ayatollah:

Re: So its Yanks buying you out now!!

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:10 am

More bullsh1t from PR to the Western Mail Group who hang on his every bit of bullshit.

BTW Jack what is this about unpaid rent at your stadium, no police bills paid either? With a huge squad of over 30 your wage bill must be spiralling out of control.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:12 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVnBwxbc ... re=related :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:12 am

blackswan wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2010/01/10/bluebirds-banking-on-american-bail-out-91466-25563387/

That's the difference between being an 'owner' and 'tennant' We own our ground and are seen as 'investable' whilst you rent off the council and are in arrears.

Now which club do you think American billionaires would be interested in? 8-)

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:16 am

Jeepers!! you lot are sooooo touchy :lol:

i only put a link up for you to see because i hadn't seen it on here yet and you unleash a tirade of accusations and abuse at me :?

:ayatollah:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:17 am

To be honest... most of the big big money men as in Billionaires, would only in invest in a CITY football club not a TOWN club... small fan base and a no-mark town is not a good business to try and build up.

I'm of the belief that I hate English clubs more than a fellow Welsh club but you are punching above your weight in the championship.

That's not a piss take either swan...

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:22 am

Bigbluebird wrote:To be honest... most of the big big money men as in Billionaires, would only in invest in a CITY football club not a TOWN club... small fan base and a no-mark town is not a good business to try and build up.

I'm of the belief that I hate English clubs more than a fellow Welsh club but you are punching above your weight in the championship.

we dont want or need billionaire investment though :lol: you need it desperately

we're happy in our skin whereas you dont know what you are at the moment

we know we're an average sized club doing rather well at the moment,and thats because we lives to our means and dont try to be something we're not...like you do :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:27 am

blackswan wrote:
Bigbluebird wrote:To be honest... most of the big big money men as in Billionaires, would only in invest in a CITY football club not a TOWN club... small fan base and a no-mark town is not a good business to try and build up.

we dont want or need billionaire investment though :lol: you need it desperately

we know we're an average sized club doing rather well at the moment,and thats because we lives to our means and dont try to be something we're not...like you do :ayatollah:

Not being funny Blackswan but your club has not paid rent or police bills and you have a large 1st team squad. You have a reasonable crowd and no benefactor. No cup run this year either and i would have thought the Martinez/Scotland money will have been spent on Cotterrill, Dyer and Wages. If you dont make the play offs this year then i can see 1 or 2 of your squad being sold. What is your opinion?

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:29 am

blackswan wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2010/01/10/bluebirds-banking-on-american-bail-out-91466-25563387/

How come you are so intersted in CCFC? You spend so much time on this board anywould would think you were really a Cardiff fan.

Dont get me wrong everyone is welcome on this board but you do seem to spend more time on here than your own forums.

Best not let your father/brother or mother/sister find out, they might disown you and throw you out of the family caravan.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:32 am

blackswan wrote:

Swansea is a City and was once considered to become the Capital of Wales before the coal industry boomed in the south wales valleys, some people on this board don't realise that Swansea is as big as Cardiff in terms as size of of its City (Not town!)

anyway, my point, is that Swansea have no right to belittle cardiff in any way when the club is just as bad, It has fucked over major credtors in the past and also has mounting debts that your fans are quick to dismiss, and would rather talk about the problems at the better club in our region, Jealousy maybe, because Swansea have very little hope of interest or investment from third parties given your current status. You have a small following, an ugly stadium with a huge council badge on the front of it, unpaid debts,and rent your ground. If your going to post on here be prepared for banter/and rash replies from others - after all your tredding on foreign lad over here pal..... you likes it boyo dont you like..... :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:39 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
blackswan wrote:

Not being funny Blackswan but your club has not paid rent or police bills and you have a large 1st team squad. You have a reasonable crowd and no benefactor. No cup run this year either and i would have thought the Martinez/Scotland money will have been spent on Cotterrill, Dyer and Wages. If you dont make the play offs this year then i can see 1 or 2 of your squad being sold. What is your opinion?

I agree,i dont think we'll make the playoffs this season.I'll be happy with about a 10th placed finish.The money we owe on the stadium is to Swansea City Council,so theres no problem there,their hardly going to evict us are they?We owe the police 100,000 for policing the game against you boys,its not that we havent got it to pay its because we're disputing the amount at the moment and rightly so,the police are aware of this and the matter is ongoing.

Nobody in Swansea is concerned about our finances because our trust is doing its job and doing it well.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:39 am

blackswan wrote:we know we're an average sized club doing rather well at the moment,and thats because we lives to our means and dont try to be something we're not...like you do :ayatollah:

Actually you live by the means of Swansea council tax payers whether their football fans or not.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:40 am

craigo wrote:

How come you are so intersted in CCFC? You spend so much time on this board anywould would think you were really a Cardiff fan.

Dont get me wrong everyone is welcome on this board but you do seem to spend more time on here than your own forums.

Best not let your father/brother or mother/sister find out, they might disown you and throw you out of the family caravan.

How do you know i spend more time on here than on my own site? :?

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:43 am

blackswan wrote:
craigo wrote:

How do you know i spend more time on here than on my own site? :?

Craigo didn't say that. He said how come you are so interested in CCFC.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:48 am

Merlin wrote:
blackswan wrote:

Swansea is a City and was once considered to become the Capital of Wales before the coal industry boomed in the south wales valleys, some people on this board don't realise that Swansea is as big as Cardiff in terms as size of of its City (Not town!)

anyway, my point, is that Swansea have no right to belittle cardiff in any way when the club is just as bad, It has fucked over major credtors in the past and also has mounting debts that your fans are quick to dismiss, and would rather talk about the problems at the better club in our region, Jealousy maybe, because Swansea have very little hope of interest or investment from third parties given your current status. You have a small following, an ugly stadium with a huge council badge on the front of it, unpaid debts,and rent your ground. If your going to post on here be prepared for banter/and rash replies from others - after all your tredding on foreign lad over here pal..... you likes it boyo dont you like..... :ayatollah:

Belittle you?

not sure that was my intention but i understand your sensitivity at this moment in time.
we did not 'f**k over' major creditors in the past,we payed back what we was told to pay back whether it be 5p in the pound or 95p in the pound,all creditors were 'satisfied'.

And how do you know we have no interest from 3rd party investment when we're not whoring our club about like Ridsdale is with yours.We dont want outside investment and we dont need outside investment,we're happy as we are and doing rather well as we are,as im sure you'll begrudginglly agree?

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:51 am

I agree,i dont think we'll make the playoffs this season.I'll be happy with about a 10th placed finish.The money we owe on the stadium is to Swansea City Council,so theres no problem there,their hardly going to evict us are they?We owe the police 100,000 for policing the game against you boys,its not that we havent got it to pay its because we're disputing the amount at the moment and rightly so,the police are aware of this and the matter is ongoing.

The thing is a debt is a debt. If you owe money to an organisation then it has to be paid. Swansea Council are like any other local authority at the moment-suffering from cut backs due to Mr Browns Government. When their money runs low they will realise that there are monies owing from the Liberty Stadium rent and they will take steps to get it back. Either that or Council Tax will shoot up in Swansea and quite a few residents will be unhappy that their taxes are rising partly because of the football clubs failure to pay rent.

Regarding the police bills i do think that seem excessive but again SWP are suffering from government cutbacks and again that debt will have to be settled.

Once a few bills start going unpaid it is easy to default on others. Just look at us for example!

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:52 am

try reading his post again he clearly says 'Dont get me wrong everyone is welcome on this board but you do seem to spend more time on here than your own forums'

to which i replied accordingly

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:52 am

blackswan wrote:
Belittle you?

not sure that was my intention but i understand your sensitivity at this moment in time.
we did not 'f**k over' major creditors in the past,we payed back what we was told to pay back whether it be 5p in the pound or 95p in the pound,all creditors were 'satisfied'.

And how do you know we have no interest from 3rd party investment when we're not whoring our club about like Ridsdale is with yours.We dont want outside investment and we dont need outside investment,we're happy as we are and doing rather well as we are,as im sure you'll begrudginglly agree?

If someone owed me £1,000 and only paid back £50 due to their own incompetance in handling their financial affairs, I wouldn't be 'satisfied' and would have considered myself 'fucked over' by them.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:56 am

blackswan wrote:try reading his post again he clearly says 'Dont get me wrong everyone is welcome on this board but you do seem to spend more time on here than your own forums'

to which i replied accordingly

And he used the phrase 'seem' to spend more time on this board than your own so he had already answered your reply before you asked it :?

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:58 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:I agree,i dont think we'll make the playoffs this season.I'll be happy with about a 10th placed finish.The money we owe on the stadium is to Swansea City Council,so theres no problem there,their hardly going to evict us are they?We owe the police 100,000 for policing the game against you boys,its not that we havent got it to pay its because we're disputing the amount at the moment and rightly so,the police are aware of this and the matter is ongoing.

The thing is a debt is a debt. If you owe money to an organisation then it has to be paid. Swansea Council are like any other local authority at the moment-suffering from cut backs due to Mr Browns Government. When their money runs low they will realise that there are monies owing from the Liberty Stadium rent and they will take steps to get it back. Either that or Council Tax will shoot up in Swansea and quite a few residents will be unhappy that their taxes are rising partly because of the football clubs failure to pay rent.

Regarding the police bills i do think that seem excessive but again SWP are suffering from government cutbacks and again that debt will have to be settled.

Once a few bills start going unpaid it is easy to default on others. Just look at us for example!

Indeed but as a well run club that we are at the moment, if we could knock just 5k off the 100k then it will be worthwhile,we're tighter than a mouses ear but we need to be in the current financial climate.Personally i think we'll get the bill down to around 75k which would be more appropriate.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:00 am

blackswan wrote:
Belittle you?

You fucked over major creditors.

Addison kept you in the league, stiffed out of 100k.

"told to pay back?". Really? Who told you to pay that back? Your club made the offer of 5p in the pound. The only reason that motion passed was due to Hollins not turning up on time, or it would have been rejected!

Doing rather well? On the pitch, sure. 500k for Beattie, 600k for Cotterill. Squad of what, 35? Not filling the stadium, not paying rent, not paying police, directors are in fact taking money out, something previously claimed otherwise.

Nowhere near the state we're in, but hardly rosy.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:08 am

As a matter of interest how many players are in your 1st team squad. I thought there were about 30 including 6 or 7 youngsters. If average wages is 3000 a week (12k per month) that is a wage bill of about 5 million a year. Not sure what other overheads there are but training facilities away trips etc must be quite expensive. Average crowd of 15k paying on average £15 (free tickets, kids cheap etc) brings in about 5million. Sponsorship and TV money will bring in a few quid which probably shows you breaking even/making small loss. All you need is for crowds to drop and your up the creak as you have limited assetts.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:32 am

Blackswan you are much smaller than us in everyway.

Swansea

Population
- Total Unitary Authority area: 228,100, Ranked 3rd (2,007 est.)
Urban area within Unitary Authority: 169,880 (2,001)
Wider Urban Area: 270,506 (2,001)
- Density 1,556.6/sq mi (601/km2)
- Ethnicity 97.8% White
1.2% S. Asian
0.3% Afro-Caribbean
0.3% Chinese

CARDIFF

Population (2001*; otherwise 2008 est.)
- City 324,800
- Density 11,375.2/sq mi (4,392/km2)
- Urban 327,706*
841,500 (Larger Urban Zone)
Ethnicity [1]
- White 91.57%
- Mixed 1.99%
- Asian 3.96%
- Black 1.28%
- Chinese/other 1.20%

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:33 am

dorsetblue... giving facts like that only emphasizes how embarrassing it is that we're both so closely positioned in the league structure!

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:43 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:As a matter of interest how many players are in your 1st team squad. I thought there were about 30 including 6 or 7 youngsters. If average wages is 3000 a week (12k per month) that is a wage bill of about 5 million a year. Not sure what other overheads there are but training facilities away trips etc must be quite expensive. Average crowd of 15k paying on average £15 (free tickets, kids cheap etc) brings in about 5million. Sponsorship and TV money will bring in a few quid which probably shows you breaking even/making small loss. All you need is for crowds to drop and your up the creak as you have limited assetts.

When they sold Trundle, that money prevented them making a loss that financial year.

I'd assume money from Scotland / Martinez to wigan has done the same this season. Although most of that money is in addon clauses, mostly Wigan staying up.

Can the Jacks sell players? Difficult, for all the plaudits for their players, there's realistically little interest. Rangel fed up Martinez hasn't come in for him, in last year of contract isn't he? And given his age, Bosman doesn't apply? But still, they can sell Joe Allen - he's far better than Ramsey according to Jacks.

Meanwhile, they are pissing of the council and police. Not clever, given the composition of the safety advisory group. All it would take would be police to withdraw their services due to non-payment of bills, games instantly called off. Meaning no income and league sanctions.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:07 am

Not being funny Blackswan but your club has not paid rent or police bills and you have a large 1st team squad. You have a reasonable crowd and no benefactor. No cup run this year either and i would have thought the Martinez/Scotland money will have been spent on Cotterrill, Dyer and Wages. If you dont make the play offs this year then i can see 1 or 2 of your squad being sold. What is your opinion?[/quote]

Nobody in Swansea is concerned about our finances because our trust is doing its job and doing it well.

:ayatollah:[/quote]

Sorry to pull you up on this as you've clearly come in peace, but less than half of the money owed to the police is due to the cardiff game, and the reasons for not paying it are frankly pathetic.
The truth is probably not that you cant play it, but small time cheapskate Jenkins is trying to pull a fast one.

As you righly say though its a minor issue compared to our problems.

As for the Yanks - they were there yesterday accoring to the Papers, and pictured next to PR. So they are real, but they wont be able to buy the club for 2 months or so, and that doesnt help our immediate problems.

I'm resigned to more (in value) players going out of the club than coming in over the next 3 weeks.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:17 am

nerd wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:As a matter of interest how many players are in your 1st team squad. I thought there were about 30 including 6 or 7 youngsters. If average wages is 3000 a week (12k per month) that is a wage bill of about 5 million a year. Not sure what other overheads there are but training facilities away trips etc must be quite expensive. Average crowd of 15k paying on average £15 (free tickets, kids cheap etc) brings in about 5million. Sponsorship and TV money will bring in a few quid which probably shows you breaking even/making small loss. All you need is for crowds to drop and your up the creak as you have limited assetts.

When they sold Trundle, that money prevented them making a loss that financial year.

I'd assume money from Scotland / Martinez to wigan has done the same this season. Although most of that money is in addon clauses, mostly Wigan staying up.

Can the Jacks sell players? Difficult, for all the plaudits for their players, there's realistically little interest. Rangel fed up Martinez hasn't come in for him, in last year of contract isn't he? And given his age, Bosman doesn't apply? But still, they can sell Joe Allen - he's far better than Ramsey according to Jacks.

Meanwhile, they are pissing of the council and police. Not clever, given the composition of the safety advisory group. All it would take would be police to withdraw their services due to non-payment of bills, games instantly called off. Meaning no income and league sanctions.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, 2 key players, Rangel and Britton can leave for nothing in the summer and so can orlandi (if anyone wants him).

We are i the same position with ledley and possibly Whittingham i think.

Also Feeney, Capaldi and a few others.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:03 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
nerd wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but, 2 key players, Rangel and Britton can leave for nothing in the summer and so can orlandi (if anyone wants him).

We are i the same position with ledley and possibly Whittingham i think.

Also Feeney, Capaldi and a few others.

Yup, that's an accurate summation AFAIK.

The point being, the Jacks position isn't as rosy as painted. Relying upon the council *not* to chase the money is a dumb point, even by our Jacks standards. Councils funnily enough have a duty to represent taxpayer interests, not to subsidise private companies, especially one IIRC suing over the conditions within the stadium.

That's why people blasting CCC over our development are plain wrong, expecting a council to hand over a 40m asset for nothing, with plans that didn't add up, refused to name the financial backers for the development. The worst case scenario for CCC would be handing the asset over, development started only to stop halfway through - council ake land back, with a half built mess there, reduces it's value.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:00 pm

Can we have one thread for Blackswan to discuss Swansea in?

Every time he posts, even if he doesn't intend it to, it ends up as a big debate about Swansea because people can't bear for a Jack to comment on City stuff in case he's taking the piss.

I like him on here and this isn't a dig, just an observation.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:34 pm

Zabier wrote:dorsetblue... giving facts like that only emphasizes how embarrassing it is that we're both so closely positioned in the league structure!

Sorry mate, you're totally wrong there.

Wigan, Hull and Burnley. Bigger than us and Swansea Town? Yes. Should they be? Not a hope in hell.