Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fair Play to Feeney

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:35 am

For giving %110 yesterday and for clapping our Fans, He seems a top bloke fair play.

Re: Fair Play to Feeney

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:38 am

I'll give him that, he did give everything but we need more than that in our position. For his sake I hope he leaves sooner rather than later because he deserves first team football. He's a lower half Championship striker at best though.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:40 am

BlueCheg wrote:For giving %110 yesterday and for clapping our Fans, He seems a top bloke fair play.

He reminded me of the 80s and 90s when Our players would give 110% and go right over to our Fans, I said to him last Night the fans appreciated you clapping them, but did you know there wasnt one other City player left ion the pitch with you except the Blackpool players, he hadnt realised but said he was chuffed when so many clapped him back :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:45 am

Zabier wrote:I'll give him that, he did give everything but we need more than that in our position. For his sake I hope he leaves sooner rather than later because he deserves first team football. He's a lower half Championship striker at best though.

We're playing like a lower half Championship team.

Can't judge Feeney purely on one game where we basically hoofed the ball long to a strike force of midgets. He's not played at this level for a long time, not had a run of games for a while. It's thus hardly surprising he displayed signs of rust. Give him time before judging.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:46 am

nerd wrote:
Zabier wrote:I'll give him that, he did give everything but we need more than that in our position. For his sake I hope he leaves sooner rather than later because he deserves first team football. He's a lower half Championship striker at best though.

We're playing like a lower half Championship team.

Can't judge Feeney purely on one game where we basically hoofed the ball long to a strike force of midgets. He's not played at this level for a long time, not had a run of games for a while. It's thus hardly surprising he displayed signs of rust. Give him time before judging.

YES, I say judge him after a run of games.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:47 am

I'm not judging him just on that. I'm judging him on how he's played for us before, how he's played for Northern Ireland and how he played at Leeds. I didn't see him at Sheffield Wednesday. For a team that has promotion expectations we need to be aiming higher. That's nothing against Feeney because I feel he could do a job for someone at this level, but not us.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:49 am

Yes he gave 110% but he is not suited to a lone strikers role. That was the managers decision and it turns out the wrong decision.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:49 am

Zabier wrote:I'm not judging him just on that. I'm judging him on how he's played for us before, how he's played for Northern Ireland and how he played at Leeds. I didn't see him at Sheffield Wednesday. For a team that has promotion expectations we need to be aiming higher. That's nothing against Feeney because I feel he could do a job for someone at this level, but not us.

He certainly played well for the Jacks, they rate him quite highly. Again, he's not really had a run of games here, even before. Sheff Wed, well, Brian Laws wasn't it? Say no more.

I feel he's the potential to do a job. Only time will tell if he can or not, but if Jones rates him as say 5th best striker at the club, he won't get the necessary games.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:53 am

He did well at the Jacks because they were League One at the time. I see where you're coming from though and as my brother said we should reward players for playing well. Bothroyd will probably jump back in ahead of him but maybe we should just throw caution to the wind because forgive me for being pessimistic but the Chopra/ Bothroyd partnership hasn't been consistent for about 3 months now.

I'd probably start with Bothroyd and Feeney against Bristol City. It's a chance to see what they've got, provided Bothroyd is fit. I'm skeptical but as a Cardiff fan I want the best and I'm willing to be proved wrong.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:23 pm

yep he did give 110% which is what you expect from every player, effort should go without being mentioned with the money them overpaid bastards are on but unfortunately he seems one of a few at most who did put the effort in yesterday.

i thought mcnaughtons effort is always top draw and i thought he was our man of the match yesterday closely followed by mccormack ( but he got brought off )! chris burke is another whos effort is always there.

feeneys problem in my opinion is that the strikers we have at the club are much more technically gifted than him and will get far more goals than he will.

i know we have a few injuries and possibly might sell one or maybe two strikers but with the strikers at our club i would actually put feeney as our 6th choice striker with bothroyd, mccormack, chopra, etuhu and magennis infront of him to be honest

p.s heres to a speedy recovery to josh magennis. must be devastating his 1st start for the club at such a young age and breaks his leg!

Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:28 pm

Feeney hasn't become a bad player...how can you expect him to play his best with a f*cking useless manager who doesn't know how to use his OWN players to play to their strength! you can ONLY judge a player after a run of games... that is obvious!

When he is on form he is more than good enough for this level! every player benefits from confidence... and with a manager like he's got, Feeney will not be getting positive vibes from him... hence it WILL effect his confidence!

Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:16 pm

why post yet another thread on feeney????????????????? what are you- pro feeney fans trying to achieve????????? constant posts,great guy,commited etc etc etc.getting boring now,this does not mask over a lack of ability championship level.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:58 pm

hes not a championship player and never will be,lets hope someone comes in to take him on loan again,hes a drain on our very short ammount of resources

Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:26 pm

Sorry but lay of Feeney he gave 100% yesterday and i was happy with his shift. He faded badly towards the end but thats hardly surprising seeing how many games he has played in the last year. I thought Rae and Ledley were the worst players on the pitch but not many threads about them. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:19 pm

yeh coz we all now that we aint allowed to say nothing bad about 5 million pound man Ledley lol

Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:22 pm

gup-1 wrote:why post yet another thread on feeney????????????????? what are you- pro feeney fans trying to achieve????????? constant posts,great guy,commited etc etc etc.getting boring now,this does not mask over a lack of ability championship level.

What are you anti-Feeney fans trying to do? Hound a player out of the club? For what, the temerity for not being suited for a longball game?

Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:44 pm

i am not anti-feeney,im just bored of all the threads surrounding one average player who aint going to make a difference for us at this level,as i have said,hes honest+hardworking lad fairplay to him,but the constant threads off annis mates who agree with most things you say all because feeney is your mate ,it just gets a bit tedious, and in the light of our current demise my opinion is this feeney issue should take a backseat.as for rae+ledley they are well below average and thats why our midfield go missing mostly every week
Last edited by gup-1 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:47 pm

BlueCheg wrote:For giving %110 yesterday and for clapping our Fans, He seems a top bloke fair play.

he was the only one to thank the fans after the game. give the lad a chance i say. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:54 pm

gup-1 wrote:i am not anti-feeney,im just bored of all the threads surrounding one average player who aint going to make a difference for us at this level,as i have said,hes honest+hardworking lad fairplay to him,but the constant threads off annis mates who agree with most things you say all because feeney is your mate ,it just gets a bit tedious, and in the light of our current demise my opinion is this feeney issue should take a backseat.as for rae+ledley they are well below average and thats why our midfield go missing mostly every week

Feeney isn't my mate, never met the guy.

Yesterday, for someone without a run of games behind him, he showed workrate and effort, in a style of play that doesn't suit him one iota. That hardly makes him an average player.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:20 pm

nerd if you look at my other posts on the 5 other feeney threads over the last week,i stated hes honest,hardworking player who would do good job a level below,and stated yesterday i thought he done ok,held the ball up well,and also said people cant justify calling him cack when he came on sub+the other players were terrible........but everyday a new feeney thread is getting tedious...shall i start ...thread for taiwo ,wilding,blake-give them chance etc etc!!!!! i just think there are massive problems and issues at our club,i think feeney issue is trivial in comparison

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:41 pm

I'm sure there are always a few thousand in the crowd who could give 110% in a game and then clap the fans at the end. Doesn't make them good enough to play championship football though does it!

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:49 pm

feeney shouldnt have been on the pitch testerday, hes not match fit, fair play to him he worked hard, but dj shouldnt have selected him :?:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:59 pm

Brilliant effort, seems to really want to do well and - admittedly I don't know the man at all - maybe even likes the club/fans.

But, from what I've seen, he's just not good enough. I'd prefer Eddie.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:05 pm

I would expect single Cardiff city player to give 110% everytime they pull on the shirt - Unfortunately giving 110% and clapping the fans at the end fo the game does not make him a good player

I could go out there next week give 110% and come over a clap the fans at the end but that is not good enough for me - He is clearly not wanted at the club and his record for Cardiff is shocking so time to go for me

I also remember ealry games Hudson was cleary trying (trying to hard) and clapped at the end but that did not make him a top bloke

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:27 pm

I wonder what you all would have said if he had got sent off for that reckless challenge & he should have!If that tackle happened against us & no red card, there would have been uproar!

Sorry guys can't agree wuth you, Fenney's effort doesn't make up for his lack of ability, he is not good enough for this level!

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:56 pm

all the players came over and clapped us after there crap display against sheff wed last game last season does that make up for the display.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:05 pm

I agree with all the posts regarding Feeney not being good enough. Got to commend Jones in a strange sort of way as he put him on ahead of Chopra to give him a shot of confidence (maybe DJ thought that was all that was needed to get him on track goals-wise), but I don't think that will be happening again too much.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:17 pm

Should never play in front of chopra or Ross, not good enough div 1 player at best :evil:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:02 pm

jonah wrote:Should never play in front of chopra or Ross, not good enough div 1 player at best :evil:

Thats because Chops is up for sale.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:04 pm

annis by the way i am your leutenant now :lol: and you are the captain :lol: