Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ibrahim Farah

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:02 am

Right, this is bizarre and before you say anything, I know it's only a game but it has got me intrigued. In Football Manager I'm managing Cardiff. My first signing was a rock solid central midfielder called Abderrahman Kabous who is a Moroccan international! Anyway, with Aaron Wildig on loan at Stockport for the season when my three man midfield of Kabous, Ledley and Whittingham got broken up with McPhail and Rae injured (to go with Kabous's injury) I decided to draft in 17 year old Ibrahim Farah due to his awesome under 18s performances. He's done awesome since bagging 6 goals in 20 odd appearances and has assisted a few as well.

Now, I saw him play a part in our annual friendly up in Merthyr last year and he looked decent for his age back then of only 16. Has anyone seen much of him recently and does he look like he could be a top prospect?

Re: Ibrahim Farah

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:13 am

He's a grangetown lad and was spotted at a late age when Cardiff played a random team from the local area. My mate runs a local team and he trains on the quiet with them now and again. My mate thinks he's the real deal and very skillful and wondered why the echo described him more as a defensive midfielder.

Re: Ibrahim Farah

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:47 am

I have seen him play (& score) for the Academy and he is a real prospect. His body bulk seems light (compared to Aaron Wildig) and that might hinder his chances.

Also the Academy teams seem to play 4-3-3 which is odd considering the first team hardly ever use that system.