Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

KIM WALKER

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:41 am

There is talk on here about Kim being involved some way again, I really hope this is the case, what a top bloke and a real genuine fan, another in the Borley mould, and it will give the fans a lot of comfort knowing we have some real fans on board.

I hope this is the case, any input from people like Kim is a god sign.Starting to get a bit of belief that we will get rid of the leeches and soon be back on firmer ground, but living within our means.

Re: KIM WALKER

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:48 am

Living within our means probably doesn't result in Championship Football Gwyn. It took Sam a lot of money to drag us up from where we were.

I know Burnley, Doncaster and the Jacks are at a similar or higher level than us without the massive debt but we had no hint that we were ever going to be more than in the dungeon or maybe a League higher than the dungeon until Sam came onboard.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:56 am

There are plenty of clubs with similar levels of ticket prices and season ticket holders that manage to exist at Championship level or Premiership once the TV money starts rolling in. The big problem for City is the debt that is already exists, if we were starting again with no debt living within our means shouldn't be a big problem if the club was well run.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:03 pm

bspark wrote:There are plenty of clubs with similar levels of ticket prices and season ticket holders that manage to exist at Championship level or Premiership once the TV money starts rolling in. The big problem for City is the debt that is already exists, if we were starting again with no debt living within our means shouldn't be a big problem if the club was well run.

The only thing that has given us any hope that we could actually survive at Championship level is the academy that Sam set up.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:05 pm

maccydee wrote:
bspark wrote:There are plenty of clubs with similar levels of ticket prices and season ticket holders that manage to exist at Championship level or Premiership once the TV money starts rolling in. The big problem for City is the debt that is already exists, if we were starting again with no debt living within our means shouldn't be a big problem if the club was well run.

The only thing that has given us any hope that we could actually survive at Championship level is the academy that Sam set up.

Hmm, not necessarily, given the money from those players - which is what, Rambo, Gunter and potentially Matthews - has been swallowed up by overheads which will have been affected by the debt and doesn't come close to covering the debt.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:07 pm

nerd wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Hmm, not necessarily, given the money from those players - which is what, Rambo, Gunter and potentially Matthews - has been swallowed up by overheads which will have been affected by the debt and doesn't come close to covering the debt.

So what would have happened without the money from these players then?

Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:09 pm

[quote="maccydee"
So what would have happened without the money from these players then?[/quote]

Well, if you know where the money has gone, god only knows.

Without the money from those players, our seeming business model would have been to sell other players. Equally, those players may or may not have come through irrespective of Academy status. We simply don't know - the only way to effectively judge the Academy is the first crop of youngsters to have ONLY come through the Academy, rather than part COE, part Academy. So, those joining from what, age 8, all the way through the system.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:04 pm

Some good points, yes we have the academy and that is the key to our future if we invest in it and run it properly, on a scale of 1-10 in PR's priorities, it's bean a minus . His aim is short term, can't blame him for that, get it set up for sale, get my bonus's etc' and retire.

Us fans look to the long term future because we are here for the full shift, for years i worked as a professional allied to the NHS, I would see all too often hatchet men brought in to do a job, whether it be to instantly trim the budget,or simply juggle certain departments money around so that support was taken from one are to shore up another area that was more let's say controversial and in the press.

These people that were brought in, weren't brought in with a ten or twenty year plan, they were brought in to do a short term job.
Now in my humble opinion this is why PMG put PR in place, set us up for a quick profitable sale and get out of there, but it's all gone tits up, it looks now they would be happy getting their investment back, but that don't suit PR coz he's banking on a healthy profit to pay off his personal debts to the HMRC. Steve Borley is there for the full shift, and thank God for that.

As a club, we need to get square financially, develop our academy and hope the talent comes thru, we need to live within our means, full houses will mean full coffers, but that is fair enough, as fans we will get what we pay for. On the positive side, we have a fantastic new stadium, that can only get better with some tweaking, we have a new larger fan base than we've had for years, we have improved our reputation which in the past frightened off investors.

We need to get the atmosphere back, but we can't do that on our own, we need the backing and trust of the club to let us off the leash slightly, but we must repay that by keeping it legal (mad, but legal,lol)

I* am praying that PR and PMG will soon be out of here, Borley can then stick a flag in the ground and we can rally around it, I'm slowly starting to dream again.

Allegedly

Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:13 pm

Hopefully we can get rid of Ridders, and the PMG guys and get some decent guys in who actually care for the club

Investment from Isaac and Walker with them on board with some foreign investment could be great

Let's see what happens :ayatollah: