Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Open and Transparent!.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:07 pm

These are the words I can hear the Riddler saying many moons ago.
Truth is, when PR's ego needs a good old massage, he sings like a flippin canary!. Yet in light of the tax farce, he is as quiet as church mouse.

I have not trusted the man for a long time now. We have been fed so much bullcrap, it is impossible to look past all the lies, when at the heart of it all lies the one constant, Cardiff City Football Club.
For this reason, I have committed, along with 10-11,000 others, to buying into the Platinum Ambassadors scheme. I stupidly beleived that all our hard earned cash would be used strengthen the team. Not unreasonable expectations I hasten to add, as this is what we were told. Not to worry, the money will benefit our club.

We are then all deceived by our chairman, who's lies and deceit get found out. The supposed payment of the tax bill has not taken place as it should have and we are threatened with another winding up order!.

Now, I for one would rather see the money from the season tickets pay off this tax bill immediately than for it to drag on and potentially drag us into winding up orders and transfer embargos.

However, this seems not to be the case and PR is still pursuing the route of foreign investment which could take weeks, by which time transfer dealings will have ceased!. For that reason my question has to be WHY?. Why, is this tax issue not put to bed if the funds are there?. Why, have the board members not put their hands in their own deep pockets to sort it out?. I mean let's be fair, the taxman must be paid whatever!.
Many of the board are businessmen and know the importance of keeping the taxman paid, so, why has it even become an issue on this scale.

For this reason I am increasingly suspicious as to what use the £3.5 million in ST sales is to be used for. My opinion and I stress MY OPINION is that this money was always going to be a backup if the foreign investment stalled, simply to clear this tax issue. However to sell it to the fans, it was wrapped up in the usual spin and bullsheet for us to part with our hard earned cash, strong league position and team strengthening in January for a real promotion push.

Unfortunately for Mr Ridsliar, the the story about the tax was leaked, and his arse fell out of his pants cos he has been caught telling unturths again!!!.

As I said earlier, if the taxman needs paying, then pay it by whatever means but not at the risk and detrament of this football club, even if it means using the ST monies.

Surprise surprise, Mr Ridsdale, in light of the leaked story has withdrawn into his shell, telling the loyal fans as little as possible and only feeding us what he wants us to hear!!.

I smell BULLCRAP!!.

Now I am not pointing fingers solely at Mr Ridsdale, there are a number on the board who must hold their hands up and take their share of the blame.

When all is going well, chests are puffed out and the chorus of back slapping and ego stroking begins. When the chips are down, the silence is deafening!!!!.

I might be way off here guys but please feel free to add comments.

OPEN and TRANSPARENT?. Only when it suits me thinks. :roll:

Re: Open and Transparent!.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:14 pm

On a legal note - where does the club stand if ST monies are used for "TAX" purposes ???

All ST for 2010/2011 season were sold under the advertisement that monies raised would be put to DJ to fund and BUY new players to push our promotion chances and nothing at all was mentioned that it would be for the club not to pay off this TAX bill that hs only come to light after 1000's of tickets were purchased. False advertising ???

I am staying positive & hopeful that the money will buy players and PR does have money elsewhere for the tax bill - but what if he does not ?!?!?

roll on February!

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:00 pm

Jez,

Valid point about the legallities of the issue but maybe it could be got around if enough thought was applied to the situation.

However, we have been told the ST money will be given to DJ to strengthen the team but can you honestly see all that money being spent on players?. I for one would expect a few hundred thousand to be spent, which, leaves money over, so what happens to that?. If all the money isn't spent, is it untouchable for other applications or does it just disappear?. :shock:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:13 pm

Somone is in for a big p!$$ up! lol :ayatollah:

unless DJ & PR are being squirrels and stashing it fr when they go! lol :lol:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:16 pm

:lol:

Thay must have big pockets to stash those nuts in!!.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:17 pm

Jez wrote:Somone is in for a big p!$$ up! lol :ayatollah:

unless DJ & PR are being squirrels and stashing it fr when they go! lol :lol:
:lol: :lol: