Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Atmosphere at the new ground

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:46 pm

The atmosphere at the ground is getting worse by the game, hardly surprising with all the events happening off the pitch!

Do you think City will do a u turn & put the Canton stand next to the away fans to regenerate some atmosphere next season?

Something has to change for parts of the game yesterday you could here a pin drop in the ground!

Re: Atmosphere at the new ground

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:51 pm

no Mogs I dont think they will.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:54 pm

they dont care what any of us fans think!

they will start to care when crowds drop ! so maybe everyone should vote with thier feet/bums lol

Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:57 pm

give the fans something to shout about would be a good start

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:21 pm

the atmosphire is dire , i think a lot of supporters have given up trying to get a few songs going because of the stewards telling them to sit down and because of other fans complaining about them standing the heart has gone from the club and the club is dying :evil:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:26 pm

if they listened to the fans and gave us the canton end it would be problem solved.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:51 pm

You know its bad when you can hear the players shouting,as I did a few times yesterday.I thought those days were past us back when we broke the 5k attendance barrier.Its embarrasing on times.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:58 pm

we can add blackpool to the long list of away thans that have out sung at ccs, it's fecking embarassing :evil:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:02 pm

Agree the atmosphere at times is an embarrassment, it will NEVER top Ninian Park. :cry:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:03 pm

everyone is feeling down and sombre at the moment.

If City gave us some good news then it might get a bit better.

You could feel the tension in the air yesterday.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:07 pm

the last game at ninian park i said my farewells, and hated the thought of moving, but everyone was like "yer can't wait" "yay new stadium" etc

riddler has distroyed our home

R.I.P Cardiff City as we once new it! Its definatly not the same for me :cry:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:10 pm

Well I never thought I'd see the day that I looked at the away fans in admiration, and thought that's exactly how I felt at the last away game. But on Boxing Day I did. It was similar to us at Boro in terms of home and away fans not singing/singing.

But what can we do? The Grange tried, a tiny proportion of the Bob Bank tried, but otherwise nothing. It's like being at a rugby yawnion match.

As has been said, over zealous stewards and "new" spectators who are in the wrong section of the ground and evidently don't know what supporting the team is all about are strangling those of us who want to sing.

:ayatollah:
Last edited by Ben on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I usually sit at the back of the canton end and the atmosphere in the ground has been awful. Yesterday I sat in the grandstand, right close to the pitch and the atmosphere sounded pretty good. I'm wondering whether the the sound generated hits the pitch but doesn't get into the stands.

That said we are lacking a good range of songs.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:12 pm

There was also an incredibly high number of shit atmospheres at Ninian, which people tend to forget.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:14 pm

fans need to stop moaning about it and start singing

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:15 pm

carling blue wrote:fans need to stop moaning about it and start singing

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

its not the same, you all can stand togther, you cant stand, and its abit crap sitting in your seat singing, everyone around you is like "wtf is this guy doing", we need to get that canton stand back and stick all the die hards in there singing and making atmospehere, then let the plastic prawn boys sit where they want to clap the team and read a paper!

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:19 pm

are the club willing for the fans to move there st then?

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:36 pm

no they want to keep it all plastic in the stadium, no chanting towards the away fans etc they want everyone in thier seats and clapping goals, even the wayne nash who once was arrest at stoke for football voilence wants it like that :roll:

they want all the grange enders well away from the away fans, hence they stick the family stand next to them :evil:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:45 pm

I was all in favor of the new Stadium in an up wards and onwards type way, but I've been really disappointed with the atmosphere. My prediction is that it will get worse and any singing will eventually fizzle out apart from reaction to goals etc. We simply have to get the Grange and Canton swapped.

Common CCFC, admit it was a mistake and get it changed

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:59 pm

all i can say is, theres gonna be some f*cking old looking kids in grange when swansea come down :lol:
seriously though atmosphere is poor doesnt help when half the ground is empty and wait for it............todays attendance is..............................................19,500 f**k OFF!

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:20 pm

Mogs wrote:The atmosphere at the ground is getting worse by the game, hardly surprising with all the events happening off the pitch!

Do you think City will do a u turn & put the Canton stand next to the away fans to regenerate some atmosphere next season?

Something has to change for parts of the game yesterday you could here a pin drop in the ground!

i dont even look forward to going anymore :cry: