Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OUR FANS HAVE CHANGE BEYOND BELIEF

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:56 pm

A few years ago with whats been going on at OUR CLUB, The boardrooms would have been stormed, demonstrations, Chants through out the game etc.

IS IT FOR THE BETTER THEN THAT WE HAVE CHANGED ? OPINIONS PLEASE

Re: OUR FANS HAVE CHANGE BEYOND BELIEF

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:58 pm

i think years ago , we were apart of the club, we always had a say, we were always like a family! and made to feel apart of cardiff city f.c

but now everyone seems distant, things have changed, the current board, new stadium, just feels like a buisness (if that makes any sense)

for the better? urrrmmmm no :cry:
Last edited by Ben on Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:59 pm

have to agree and with the new stadium fans have been dispersed, there is no one voice, like the old A Block would have been

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:00 pm

NO annis it isnt, cant someone start a supporter group that identify with the past and take matters into its own hands?
we need to get back to the days when we would have shown the club how bloody pissed off we are !
c'mon have we gone soft or what?

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:01 pm

we still can become 1 voice :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:A few years ago with whats been going on at OUR CLUB, The boardrooms would have been stormed, demonstrations, Chants through out the game etc.

I posted something similar the other day,i personlly thinck a lot of people have got older and cant be fucked with it.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:03 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:we still can become 1 voice :ayatollah:

hope so Baz :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:A few years ago with whats been going on at OUR CLUB, The boardrooms would have been stormed, demonstrations, Chants through out the game etc.

I dont think its for the better, the club knows now that they can bullshit us fans and get away with it nowadays, it would have never been the case in the past. :cry:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:04 pm

nobby its up to us fans to say ''no fucknig more'' we have got to stop the rot

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:05 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:nobby its up to us fans to say ''no fucknig more'' we have got to stop the rot

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:05 pm

i was the only knob head demostrating after the game for two hours instead of PR leaving he gave me a large whisky
as he thought i needed warming up .........

city fans gone soft :naka:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:06 pm

beaky wrote:

I posted something similar the other day,i personlly thinck a lot of people have got older and cant be fucked with it.

No it is'nt and i've supported the city for 47 years, am 51 now and ready to storm the boardroom!!! :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:09 pm

Tbh I stood outside the main entrance to CCS after the final whistle waiting for the masses to congregate and unleash some anger........To my dismay it didn't happen :shock:

So i would agree that fans have changed........unfortunately :cry:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:12 pm

the question is....what we gonna do about it ???? talk about it, or take action ?

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:12 pm

us fans have always been,the supporters, the referee, the manager, but now wehave to take on the finances as well, our job as fans are getting harder and harder, cant wait for the time when we are the new chelsea, man city, and just go to the game and discuss the brilliant players we have, over an oxo at half time, and a clarkes pie :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:19 pm

It's what happens when a club aspires for the Prem and a new ground. There are many more supporters than when Sam first came in and back then the club needed the fans as we were in the lower leagues and we WERE their income. Nowadays with money from corporate, sponsorship and TV the fans aren't worth as much and therefore have no voice and we know it.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:23 pm

ninianblue wrote:us fans have always been,the supporters, the referee, the manager, but now wehave to take on the finances as well, our job as fans are getting harder and harder, cant wait for the time when we are the new chelsea, man city, and just go to the game and discuss the brilliant players we have, over an oxo at half time, and a clarkes pie :ayatollah:

oxo and a clarkes pie f*cking christ you paying ;) ;) :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:19 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
ninianblue wrote:us fans have always been,the supporters, the referee, the manager, but now wehave to take on the finances as well, our job as fans are getting harder and harder, cant wait for the time when we are the new chelsea, man city, and just go to the game and discuss the brilliant players we have, over an oxo at half time, and a clarkes pie :ayatollah:

oxo and a clarkes pie f*cking christ you paying ;) ;) :lol: :lol:

i think we should smash the place to f*cking smithereens
besides sanitation and the roads what have the romans ever done for us :lol:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:33 pm

We are still as one, we need to start the demos I waited outside the ground sat for where was it?

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:36 pm

bristolbluebird37 wrote:We are still as one, we need to start the demos I waited outside the ground sat for where was it?

i think the boys need to wait to see what happens this week

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:00 pm

In a strange way ( i'll probably get slated for this ) it seemed good that a section of the crowd got together & voiced their feelings yesterday.Suppoorting a football club is a rollercoaster ride & staff will come & go but we'll stay.In years gone by we've had chants of Goldstone out, Clemo out & whoever we thought was screwing our club up, now we seem to accept things a lot more.There was a time when Ridsdale would have been hung, drawn & quarted for what he's done.We've still got a passionate element who thinks the world of the club & i think there's nothing wrong in them venting their anger.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:01 pm

bluebirds over.... wrote:In a strange way ( i'll probably get slated for this ) it seemed good that a section of the crowd got together & voiced their feelings yesterday.Suppoorting a football club is a rollercoaster ride & staff will come & go but we'll stay.In years gone by we've had chants of Goldstone out, Clemo out & whoever we thought was screwing our club up, now we seem to accept things a lot more.There was a time when Ridsdale would have been hung, drawn & quarted for what he's done.We've still got a passionate element who thinks the world of the club & i think there's nothing wrong in them venting their anger.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:02 pm

totall agree with you!! i stood in the ninian and lets say gave my opinion!
Last edited by milly44 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:08 pm

Do you not think its to do with the way we now find out whats going on at the club?

10 years ago when things were bad and Bluebirds 2000 were set up, then years later when Mojo and Dayo stormed Leyton Orient (???) the latest goings on at the club primarily come through the Echo which was accessible to anyone and id say the majority of the crowd would have read the Echo on a saturday and be on the same footing.

Nowadays though you have so many different sources of information and whilst things are starting to come out in the Echo now its nowhere near the same story you hear on the forums. Even though both forums are fairly big, on the grand scale of 19,000 fans on a Saturday afternoon only a small percentage actually understand things are so bad?

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:10 pm

Craig wrote:

Do you not think its to do with the way we now find out whats going on at the club?

10 years ago when things were bad and Bluebirds 2000 were set up, then years later when Mojo and Dayo stormed Leyton Orient (???) the latest goings on at the club primarily come through the Echo which was accessible to anyone and id say the majority of the crowd would have read the Echo on a saturday and be on the same footing.

Nowadays though you have so many different sources of information and whilst things are starting to come out in the Echo now its nowhere near the same story you hear on the forums. Even though both forums are fairly big, on the grand scale of 19,000 fans on a Saturday afternoon only a small percentage actually understand things are so bad?

Maybe Craig, but I think that we have lost the passion we had.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Craig wrote:

Did you say passion? Jeepers now that would be something!

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:20 pm

I believe we had PASSION AT NINIAN PARK.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Craig wrote:

Annis, I agree. Back then we had 3-4,000 with 90% being hardcore and more than happy to make sure their voice was heard. However, now we have c20,000, with our historic VOCAL support dispersed around the ground - It really is quiet.. The Bob Bank used to rock on it's own.. not now though. And, the club are partly to blame for this, by pushing us to different areas versus where we were at Ninian.

I think we really need to make sure next season we are all sorted in the right places in the ground to get the atmosphere back... It really is lacking at the moment if I'm honest. Cmon City :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Peter
Last edited by CCFC WORCESTER on Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:25 pm

I totally agree Peter, the Club are to blame and yes we need to sort it out by next season.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:28 pm

Everybody who likes singing and will sing their heart out should go into the Ninian Stand close to the away fans.

EVERYONE GET THERE :D

:ayatollah: Lets get Cardiff rocking :ayatollah: