Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: OUR FANS HAVE CHANGE BEYOND BELIEF

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:35 pm

carlccfc wrote:have to agree and with the new stadium fans have been dispersed, there is no one voice, like the old A Block would have been

This is probably the biggest reason for the lack of voice.

I think the other is apathy, the game has changed, City has changed and are WE capable of changing it for the better. Most people I have spoken to about the current goings on are resigned to it going tits up and badly tits up at that.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:37 pm

I dont miss Ninian Park so much, but i do miss Block A, There was always an atmosphere in Block A, even when the rest of the ground was quiet.
Shame all the old block A lads couldn`t have sat together in the CCS. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:38 pm

i have had people asking me to sit down and be quiet , quiet ! if you want quiet watch the game at home. football is about banter, chanting and making noise.
it isnt about siting down and eating your packed lunch and gently clapping at the right times.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:47 pm

Problem is where i sit most people just sit there as if there watching a film in the old days we all new each other and it was like one big family and we all had a good time and had a good sing and stuck togeather.
The problem now is that the people who go now in my opinion couldnt care less if we won or lost they just havent got the passion of us die hards it was the same in the fa cup final we were quiet becauce of all the plastics

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:49 pm

elliott wrote:Problem is where i sit most people just sit there as if there watching a film in the old days we all new each other and it was like one big family and we all had a good time and had a good sing and stuck togeather.
The problem now is that the people who go now in my opinion couldnt care less if we won or lost they just havent got the passion of us die hards it was the same in the fa cup final we were quiet becauce of all the plastics

i agree, i was at the final, and no im not a plastic, been an ambasador for years. there where fans there who didnt even know the players names, and they had the nerve to ask me to sit down. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:55 pm

rob wrote:
elliott wrote:Problem is where i sit most people just sit there as if there watching a film in the old days we all new each other and it was like one big family and we all had a good time and had a good sing and stuck togeather.

i agree, i was at the final, and no im not a plastic, been an ambasador for years. there where fans there who didnt even know the players names, and they had the nerve to ask me to sit down. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes i was told to sit down hate plastics won guy even asked what no was choppra :lol:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:57 pm

elliott wrote:
rob wrote:

Yes i was told to sit down hate plastics won guy even asked what no was choppra :lol:

how do they get tickets?? it makes you sick.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:00 am

Blame thatcher she took everything away from the football :mrgreen:

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:17 am

Elliot, you are right, we seem to have quite a few these days without the passion of the die-hards.The cup final typified this, i've always dreamed of seeing the City at the cup final & after the game i felt absolutely gutted. Not just because we lost but i don't think our support that day did us justice, we were on the big stage & 50% of the support around where i was sitting did'nt even open their mouths all game. We've moved on for the better in some ways & gained a lot of new support but unfortunately it does'nt seem to have the same passion.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:18 am

rob wrote:NO annis it isnt, cant someone start a supporter group that identify with the past and take matters into its own hands?
we need to get back to the days when we would have shown the club how bloody pissed off we are !
c'mon have we gone soft or what?

Unfortunately only money talks!

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:26 am

We have gone soft im gutted maybe show the new ones what passion is