Iwan redan
Jason Byrne

Any more for any more. I'm sure there are my memory is sheit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: List of Dave Jones dud signings

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:33 pm

Lee Naylor.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:35 pm

Pretty impressive eh? I wont add anymore, i'll just leave those who think he has done a great job with the finances he has had to think on those one's first.

£800,000 per year for that!

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:37 pm

Eddie Johnson

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:39 pm

I thought Chris Riggot actually did a good job. He's getting back to fitness. You can't call him a dud just yet.

But as for the rest.. Good job.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:41 pm

Dafydd wrote:I thought Chris Riggot actually did a good job. He's getting back to fitness. You can't call him a dud just yet.

How long's he been here and how many minutes he played??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:41 pm

Kevin Campbell

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:43 pm

at the end of this thread I will compile it into one big list and email it to TG :lol: :lol: :lol: - keep emm coming lads

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:45 pm

Ross Turnbull, though I still maintain from the day we signed him the biggest mistake Jones made was resigning Chopra. It's a gamble that plainly has not come off.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:46 pm

ihatealiens wrote:at the end of this thread I will compile it into one big list and email it to TG :lol: :lol: :lol: - keep emm coming lads

i hope you will mail it to him and put ps the majority want jones out :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:48 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
Dafydd wrote:I thought Chris Riggot actually did a good job. He's getting back to fitness. You can't call him a dud just yet.

My point is the game that he has played he's looked solid - I'm not ready to pass judgement on him as to whether he's a dud or not just yet. To me, the players you've listed have been duds because they're shit, not because they've been injured and are struggling to come back to fitness (Which, coincidentally hasn't been helped by the fact that Jones doesn't have a reserve team setup).

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:53 pm

ihatealiens wrote:I'll start you off
Mark Hudson
Gabor Gyepes
Tony Capaldi
Paul Quinn

Chris (sick note) Rigott
Stuart taylor

Nothing especially wrong with the ones highlighted there.

But in response and DJ's defence i'll throw you:
Heaton
Marshall
Schimichael
McNaughton
Roger Johnson
Glenn Loovens
Chris Burke
Wayne Routledge
Michael Chopra
Craig Bellamy
Jay Bothroyd
Seyi Olifinjana
Jason Koumas (first time)
Ross McCormack
Darren Purse
Peter Whittingham
Riccardo Scimeca

And the net of all those players above is what? In the green by about 1million hanks to selling and rebuying Chopra?

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:54 pm

Dafydd wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:

My point is the game that he has played he's looked solid - I'm not ready to pass judgement on him as to whether he's a dud or not just yet. To me, the players you've listed have been duds because they're shit, not because they've been injured and are struggling to come back to fitness (Which, coincidentally hasn't been helped by the fact that Jones doesn't have a reserve team setup).

Point taken :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:06 pm

saladthedragon wrote:Ross Turnbull, though I still maintain from the day we signed him the biggest mistake Jones made was resigning Chopra. It's a gamble that plainly has not come off.

I suppose Chopra doesn't fall into the type of player Aliens is referring to (a total dud), but I have to agree the Chopra resigning was a gamble which on the whole hasn't paid dividens.

£3 or 4m (whatever it was we paid) is a hell of a lot of money for a club this size and when you factor in wages we are looking at the thick end of £8m?

For that kind of money I would expect a natural goal scorer (at this level) who will score consistantly, not pile up goals in some matches against weaker opposition and then go months without scoring against better defences.

I love Chopra, he is a great fella and along with Ledley was the only player to turn up at the play-off final. But the gamble of resigning him would appear to have failed when everything including the cost is factored in.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:12 pm

RFMH wrote:
Mark Hudson
Gabor Gyepes
Tony Capaldi
Paul Quinn

Chris (sick note) Rigott
Stuart taylor

Nothing especially wrong with the ones highlighted there.

But in response and DJ's defence i'll throw you:
Heaton
Marshall
Schimichael
McNaughton
Roger Johnson
Glenn Loovens
Chris Burke
Wayne Routledge
Michael Chopra
Craig Bellamy
Jay Bothroyd
Seyi Olifinjana
Jason Koumas (first time)
Ross McCormack
Darren Purse
Peter Whittingham
Riccardo Scimeca

And the net of all those players above is what? In the green by about 1million hanks to selling and rebuying Chopra?

Hang on. You've put Scimeca in the wrong list. :lol:

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:15 pm

I'd say we miss a fit Riccardo Scimeca
big time .along with Roger Johnson,Loovens,Ramsey and Earnie .

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:18 pm

Mark Hudson
Gabor Gyepes
Tony Capaldi
Paul Quinn
Peter Enckelman
Miguel Comminges
Wafrren Feeney
Darren Dennehy
Erwin Sak
Jason Koumas (2nd time around)
Chris (sick note) Rigott
Martin John
Willo Flood
Robbie Fowler
Jimmy Floyd Hassailbank
Trevor Sinclair
Nick McKoy
Malvin Kamara
Luigi Glombard
Kelvin Etuhu
Quincy Owusu Abeyie
Dimitrios Konstantopolous
Stuart taylor
Iwan redan
Jason Byrne

Any more for any more. I'm sure there are my memory is sheit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andrew Keogh
Daniel Drinkwater
If it is true we are paying these 2 players £10,000 a week that is a shocking bit of business.
I still find it hard to believe that DJ replaced Ross Mac with Keogh. I speak to Wolves fans regularly who still have high regards for DJ. They said Keogh works his nuts off, but is light weight and does not score goals.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:18 pm

Yes he's signed a few good ones and you would expect most managers to buy 1 or 2 duds now and then but theres 25 players on my list and others have added some more since and that's all in just over 5 years :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:19 pm

stickywicket wrote:I'd say we miss a fit Riccardo Scimeca
big time .along with Roger Johnson,Loovens,Ramsey and Earnie .

Don't get me wrong he was ok on his day but that's all. But he was injured for ages, then came back for how many games? and chucked it in.I agree with you on the others you've named.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:32 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Yes he's signed a few good ones and you would expect most managers to buy 1 or 2 duds now and then but theres 25 players on my list and others have added some more since and that's all in just over 5 years :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've said all along that he brings in loads of duds. People always point out how many good players he's brought in. Fair enough, I want every player he brings in to do well, but it also stands to reason that if you bring in loads of players then some of them are bound to have enough ability . The true measure is the ratio of "good / bad" players he's recruited. And for me he's brought in way too many bad players.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:40 pm

How many of those were more than fringe players though? And what did he achieve with these duds? with duds like: JFH (I don't really see him as a dud but whatever), Fowler, Sinclair, Capaldi, Enks, he got to an FA Cup Final.

With duds like: Hudson, Gyepes, Capaldi, Quinn, Enks (lesser extent as he didn't play much), Feeney (again didn't play much), Etuhu, he got to a play-off final.

It's a bit self-defeating really, your argument could quite easily be construed as 'Give DJ a load of duds and he'll get moderate success' So if he can buy some real players we'll have real success?

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:50 pm

RFMH wrote:How many of those were more than fringe players though? And what did he achieve with these duds? with duds like: JFH (I don't really see him as a dud but whatever), Fowler, Sinclair, Capaldi, Enks, he got to an FA Cup Final.

With duds like: Hudson, Gyepes, Capaldi, Quinn, Enks (lesser extent as he didn't play much), Feeney (again didn't play much), Etuhu, he got to a play-off final.

It's a bit self-defeating really, your argument could quite easily be construed as 'Give DJ a load of duds and he'll get moderate success' So if he can buy some real players we'll have real success?

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:51 pm

RFMH wrote:How many of those were more than fringe players though? And what did he achieve with these duds? with duds like: JFH (I don't really see him as a dud but whatever), Fowler, Sinclair, Capaldi, Enks, he got to an FA Cup Final.

Problem is Dave Jones signed all these duds. The players you mentioned who didnt play much were on enormous wages :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and hassailbank? god knows what he cost us? and for what? he wouldn't know a real player if it smacked him in the face :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Wages and such i'll agree, how much that is or was/PR and DJ and to what degree and all that we may never fully know.

JFH you're right probably did cost us a fortune, but 9 goals in 44 games for a 35-36 year old isn't exactly terrible. Jay only got 12 in 44 games the next season.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:07 pm

RFMH wrote:Wages and such i'll agree, how much that is or was/PR and DJ and to what degree and all that we may never fully know.

JFH you're right probably did cost us a fortune, but 9 goals in 44 games for a 35-36 year old isn't exactly terrible. Jay only got 12 in 44 games the next season.

What clown in their right mind would pay a 35-36 year old fella silly money to play football? :lol: :lol: :lol: but he didn't do it just once oh no he went and did it again with Robbie Fowler :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:08 pm

Fair play, the majority of the names on that list deserve to be there, but how many of them actually cost us a decent transfer fee? Hudson is the only one I can think of, when ur hands are tied, likes jones' have been until this coming January (hopefully), u have to take a few gambles. You win some, u lose some. For me his wins outweigh his losses

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:11 pm

flashgordon2 wrote:Fair play, the majority of the names on that list deserve to be there, but how many of them actually cost us a decent transfer fee? Hudson is the only one I can think of, when ur hands are tied, likes jones' have been until this coming January (hopefully), u have to take a few gambles. You win some, u lose some. For me his wins outweigh his losses
- There may not have been transfer fees but there were loan fees, agent fees and astronomical wages. Why do you think names such as JFH,Sinclair and Fowler came here? a nice final payday before they retire that's what.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:26 pm

David Forde, Feretti, sorry cant remember his first name.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:27 pm

moonmouse wrote:David Forde, Feretti, sorry cant remember his first name.

Andrea :lol: big italian fairy :lol:

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:31 pm

suart taylor was decent :?