Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: List of Dave Jones dud signings

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:31 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
moonmouse wrote:David Forde, Feretti, sorry cant remember his first name.

Andrea :lol: big italian fairy :lol:

Yeah thats him. LOL, and that striker so called flying machine from Newport if i remember correctly.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:32 pm

Matt Green?

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:37 pm

yeah Matt Green that's him. Thanks.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:39 pm

Feck me this list is getting huge :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:40 pm

16silverhillbobbank wrote:suart taylor was decent :?

He couldn't keep the ball on the pitch when he kicked it outt hough, result... pressure

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Mr Jones has made some good signings ,Johnson, Loovens , Bothroyd and of course Chopra.. But a ton of shite has also been foolishly signed and lot's of good money wasted.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:44 pm

It would be interesting to know at the end of this thread how much money these players have cost the club in terms of transfer fees,loan fees, agents fees, scouts fees, legal fees and wages + JFH pay off :lol: :lol: :lol: monopoly money I suggest :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:44 pm

Stuart (like i say) Taylor.. LOL

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:48 pm

Serious question; Did the manager, coaches etc ever watch any of these duds playing before signing them, Anyone know if we have any scouts????

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:49 pm

you tube :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:57 pm

ihatealiens wrote:you tube :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL your probably right.

Would have found better players and had more luck by using The Lone Rangers scout Tonto.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:16 pm

moonmouse wrote:But a ton of shite has also been foolishly signed and lot's of good money wasted.

If you count everyone mentioned as a dud, something i'd feel as completely unfair, before last season everyone would have said Whitts or McPhail were duds, but not after they were given patience and time (by DJ) and showed how good they were.

Drinkwater, Keogh, Koumas, Naylor and Martin John haven't been here a season yet. But so many people are just writing them off it's unreal.

But that said, even if you count all 33 'duds' as mentioned that's still only £1.46million in transfer wages (I couldn't fine a fee for Feeney and couldn't remember if he was a free or not). That was only on 5 of 33 players, sure wages and signing on fees are all on top of that, but look at what DJ has sold year in and year out and and any 'margin of error' this is well within.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:40 pm

ihatealiens wrote:I'll start you off

Mark Hudson
Gabor Gyepes
Tony Capaldi
Paul Quinn
Peter Enckelman
Miguel Comminges
Wafrren Feeney
Darren Dennehy
Erwin Sak
Jason Koumas (2nd time around)
Chris (sick note) Rigott
Martin John
Willo Flood
Robbie Fowler
Jimmy Floyd Hassailbank
Trevor Sinclair
Nick McKoy
Malvin Kamara
Luigi Glombard
Kelvin Etuhu
Quincy Owusu Abeyie
Dimitrios Konstantopolous
Stuart taylor
Iwan redan
Jason Byrne

Any more for any more. I'm sure there are my memory is sheit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark Hudson - Our Best Centre Back this season. Has been Solid.
Gabor Gyepes - Has been a good servant for us, very good at times.
Tony Capaldi - Was very good on a par with McNaughton in his first season, then he got injured, Not DJ's fault.
Paul Quinn - Motherwell captain, highly regarded in Scotland, how was he a bad signing?
Peter Enckelman - Was good for half a season when we needed him, and wasn't expensive.
Miguel Comminges - was a bad signing, but was quality in league 1 so worth the risk?
Wafrren Feeney - was a bad signing, but tried hard and we all like the guy.
Darren Dennehy - Rejected a pro contract from Everton to sign for us, and was Herefords best player last season, just turns out he wasn't quite Championship level. He was only 18 when we signed him and he had potential.
Erwin Sak - A young player with potential.
Jason Koumas (2nd time around) - Was a great signing, he just hasn't performed, there is a difference.
Chris (sick note) Rigott - Didn't you watch his first game? He is quality and hasn't got injured while being here. He was already injured
Martin John - Who knows how good he might be?
Willo Flood - WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT?! he was fantastic just to lightweight.
Robbie Fowler - Great signing, failed to perform
Jimmy Floyd Hassailbank - Great signing and was good for a bit and scored some great goals.
Trevor Sinclair - Great signing and was a good player for us for a season.
Nick McKoy - Awful
Malvin Kamara - Awful
Luigi Glombard - Awful
Kelvin Etuhu - Great signing.
Quincy Owusu Abeyie - Great signing, just look at the club he went to after us and the goals he scored.
Dimitrios Konstantopolous - Signed instead of going to swansea at a time where we needed a keeper.
Stuart taylor - What a keeper, wish he was still here but he is at, MAN CITY
Iwan redan - Awful
Jason Byrne - Great , Fantastic record in Ireland was worth the risk.

So thats what, 4 bad signings out of them all?

Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:45 pm

They were all crap for Cardiff City mate my opinion most will agree not many dont

Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:00 pm

flashgordon2 wrote:Fair play, the majority of the names on that list deserve to be there, but how many of them actually cost us a decent transfer fee? Hudson is the only one I can think of, when ur hands are tied, likes jones' have been until this coming January (hopefully), u have to take a few gambles. You win some, u lose some. For me his wins outweigh his losses

hands are tied you say
jones attracted players by paying them silly wages the three amigo's fowler . jfh and sinclair were costing this club 50k a week before bonuses.
Jones has had millions at his disposal which is why him and ridsdale took this club within days of liquidation

Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:33 pm

ihatealiens wrote:They were all crap for Cardiff City mate my opinion most will agree not many dont

Yeah, a lot did not perform for cardiff, but they were good Signings

Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:12 am

and everyone has forgot solamon taiwoo f*cking dreadfull :lol:

Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:41 am

OK lads, time for an update on the list, a couple of gems have been added.

Mark Hudson
Gabor Gyepes
Tony Capaldi
Paul Quinn
Peter Enckelman
Miguel Comminges
Wafrren Feeney
Darren Dennehy
Erwin Sak
Chris (sick note) Rigott
Martin John
Willo Flood
Robbie Fowler
Jimmy Floyd Hassailbank
Trevor Sinclair
Nick McKoy
Malvin Kamara
Luigi Glombard
Kelvin Etuhu
Quincy Owusu Abeyie
Stuart taylor
Iwan redan
Jason Byrne
Lee Naylor
Eddie Johnson
Kevin Campbell
Ross Turnbull
David Forde
Andrea Feretti
Matt Green
Solamon Taiwo

By my reckoning thats 33 duds not bad for 5 1/2 seasons management Mr Jones :lol: :lol: :lol: - sad thing is 7 of them are in the current squad :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:14 am

ihatealiens wrote:I'll start you off

Mark Hudson
Gabor Gyepes
Tony Capaldi
Paul Quinn
Peter Enckelman
Miguel Comminges
Wafrren Feeney
Darren Dennehy
Erwin Sak
Chris (sick note) Rigott
Martin John
Willo Flood
Robbie Fowler
Jimmy Floyd Hassailbank
Trevor Sinclair
Nick McKoy
Malvin Kamara
Luigi Glombard
Kelvin Etuhu
Quincy Owusu Abeyie
Stuart taylor
Iwan redan
Jason Byrne

Any more for any more. I'm sure there are my memory is sheit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ralph Milne
Massimo Taibi
Juan Sebastian Veron
Eric Djemba-Djemba
Kleberson
David Bellion
William Prunier
Jordi Cruyff
Karel Porbosky
Diego Forlan
Andereson
Alan Smith

write to the Glaziers as wel see if they sack fergie

Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:44 am

Firstly Sack I am a Cardiff City fan and couldn't give 2 fucks about the Glaziers however with all due respect I think Fergie has had far more success stories than not in the transfer market and just a few more trophies than our manager. Whereas our manager has won f**k all to brag about and the bigger majority of his transfers into the club have been failures and a lot of them expensive failures.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:19 am

Yes, Jones has had a lot of duds but look at how much money he's had to spend. There's obviously going to be a large number of shit outs when he has no money to spend and has to re-build his squad every year.

That excuse ran out this season though and I'd say he's made the right signings but the players have let him down. None of us can say that when he signed Drinkwater, Koumas, Naylor, Bellamy, Chopra, Olofinjana etc that we all thought 'oh shit, what a crap signing'. For all of them we thought 'great signing'. For whatever reason not all of them have worked out. Particularly Naylor and Drinkwater in my opinion.

Ok, so he signed Hudson and Keogh whom we all thought 'ok dodgy' but who else was available?

Jones is hit and miss in the transfer market but it isn't a big negative. There's loads more managers out there who spend worse. I don't really see his spending habits as that much of an issue. His issue is lack of motivational skills and man management skills... oh and tactical awareness... which is strange because when he first joined us he had this nailed.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:19 am

depressing reading.......

Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:30 am

welshdougie wrote:depressing reading.......

isnt it just but, I felt it was time it was put down in writing his failures in the transfer market so that its there for everyone to see that he's not all that as a manager and his record proves it. Whats he ever won?

Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:47 am

Neath Bluebird wrote:Pretty impressive eh? I wont add anymore, i'll just leave those who think he has done a great job with the finances he has had to think on those one's first.

£800,000 per year for that!

Have YOU added up ALL the players he got RIGHT, my friend????

How much per year and in return (transfer fees, league position et al) for that????

It's easy to knock, my friend. Very sad, but easy....

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:51 am

Sven Ghali wrote:
Neath Bluebird wrote:Pretty impressive eh? I wont add anymore, i'll just leave those who think he has done a great job with the finances he has had to think on those one's first.

£800,000 per year for that!

Have YOU added up ALL the players he got RIGHT, my friend????

How much per year and in return (transfer fees, league position et al) for that????

It's easy to knock, my friend. Very sad, but easy....

All the players he got right and there are not that many really in no way compensates for the long list of duds he has signed. If he was successful in the transfer market then we would be promoted by now.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:33 pm

ihatealiens wrote:All the players he got right and there are not that many really in no way compensates for the long list of duds he has signed. If he was successful in the transfer market then we would be promoted by now.

The grand total for such a huge list of players? £1.71million (and that's an inflated figure Taiwo cost £0.25million with add ons that he certainly never achieved so more than likely cost half that). Dave Jones recouped that entire figure and then some by buying and selling Rodger Johnson.

You also offer no definition of what is a 'dud' other than some vague opinion.

Gabor Gyepes Cost £200,000
66 Appearances in two and a half seasons Three goals
Overall With him in the side it's

37 Wins
12 Draws
17 Loses
With 21 Clean sheets
The man got called BACK into the Hungarian National side because of his form with us and is still there.

So what does a £200,000 player have to do to not be considered a 'dud'?

Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:33 pm

Cardiff fans are incredibly boring.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:34 pm

RFMH wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:All the players he got right and there are not that many really in no way compensates for the long list of duds he has signed. If he was successful in the transfer market then we would be promoted by now.

The grand total for such a huge list of players? £1.71million (and that's an inflated figure Taiwo cost £0.25million with add ons that he certainly never achieved so more than likely cost half that). Dave Jones recouped that entire figure and then some by buying and selling Rodger Johnson.You also offer no definition of what is a 'dud' other than some vague opinion.

Gabor Gyepes Cost £200,000
66 Appearances in two and a half seasons Three goals
Overall With him in the side it's

37 Wins
12 Draws
17 Loses
With 21 Clean sheets
The man got called BACK into the Hungarian National side because of his form with us and is still there.

So what does a £200,000 player have to do to not be considered a 'dud'?

You conveniently forget their astronomical wages, loan fees, agents fees etc etc etc. A dud is an useless player in terms of the amount of money spent on him whether it be fees, wages or any other type of cost. Roger Johnson - now there was a good purchase by Mr Jones but what I am trying to say is that those few good purchases are somewhat overshadowed by the large amount of poor or dud or useless or whatever else you want to call it players he has signed for the club. Sorry mate but your splitting hairs a bit here you know what I'm getting at. As for Gyepes 66 appearances in two and a half seasons, hardly an ever present is he and he is another who is extremely well paid. In and out of the team like a yo yo and not consistent enough. He is just one of many poor signings.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:00 pm

ihatealiens wrote:You conveniently forget their astronomical wages, loan fees, agents fees etc etc etc.

So convinient that i've mention it in at least one other post previously :roll:

and he is another who is extremely well paid. In and out of the team like a yo yo and not consistent enough. He is just one of many poor signings.

I'm not sure i've ever seen it anywhere that Gabor is on extravagant wages. Again what do you want for someone that cost £200,000 in this day and age? you've just got a grudge against Dave Jones and using any little thing to throw at him by creating some undefined unsubstantiated low ball definition for a 'dud' that clearly falls apart under scrutiny 'Gyepes so bad he play's international football in his 30's' :roll: . I'm not DJ's biggest fan by a long shot but his dealings in the transfer market are clears one of his stronger points.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:11 pm

RFMH wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:You conveniently forget their astronomical wages, loan fees, agents fees etc etc etc.

So convinient that i've mention it in at least one other post previously :roll:

and he is another who is extremely well paid. In and out of the team like a yo yo and not consistent enough. He is just one of many poor signings.

I'm not sure i've ever seen it anywhere that Gabor is on extravagant wages. Again what do you want for someone that cost £200,000 in this day and age? you've just got a grudge against Dave Jones and using any little thing to throw at him by creating some undefined unsubstantiated low ball definition for a 'dud' that clearly falls apart under scrutiny 'Gyepes so bad he play's international football in his 30's' :roll: . I'm not DJ's biggest fan by a long shot but his dealings in the transfer market are clears one of his stronger points.

I have no grudge against Dave Jones although I have made no secret of the fact I dont rate him and neither do I think he is good for our club for many reasons. Just as I was one of the most vociferous calling for Ridsdale to be sacked because I thought he was bad for our club even though I received a lot of abuse for it at the time it turned out I was right on that occasion and I think I am right on this occasion and I wont be silenced on the issue. Time is a funny old thing. It just takes some people a lot more time to see through the bullshit. You will see the light in the end my friend :lol: :lol: :lol: