Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: List of Dave Jones dud signings

Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:21 pm

Hey like I said I got my own gripes against DJ: his favourites, unwillingness to take blame, excuses, poor tactics.

It's a good job he never had to maintain a dam anywhere. Upon being told there were small cracks effecting it, he'd casually wait, upon being told those cracks had become slightly bigger holes, he'd casually wait, upon being told it was really getting serious now, he'd blame the weather. Then when the damn bust and the city below submerged, he'd employe a repair team for the dam. Then set about explaining why it was someone else's fault.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:19 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Firstly Sack I am a Cardiff City fan and couldn't give 2 fucks about the Glaziers however with all due respect I think Fergie has had far more success stories than not in the transfer market and just a few more trophies than our manager. Whereas our manager has won f**k all to brag about and the bigger majority of his transfers into the club have been failures and a lot of them expensive failures.

I agree he has signed a lot of duffs but also he has been consistantly forced to sell his best players and operate with one of the smallest squads in our league which makes it difficult, if you sell a Ramsey, Jerome, Chopra etc for £5m everyone puts their prices up and you struggle to get a replacement which leaves only free agents , older players etc who we can afford these come with high wages so you got to balance the books by taking a risk on the byrnes, reddans etc

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:33 pm

Im sure the profit made on Chops and Johnson more than cover all the duds

Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:32 pm

Andrea Ferreti

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:42 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Im sure the profit made on Chops and Johnson more than cover all the duds

There can't be much profit on Chopra once the resigning fee and his £20k p/w wages are taken into consideration.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:46 pm

I don't see how all of those signings are 'dud' signings

Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Well not with the resigning fee no but we still have value in him which we could sell on and I wouldnt class Chops as a dud myself.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:09 pm

Seen in the list Stuart Taylor, I thought he did alright for us, getting thrashed 6-0 against Preston was due to a presumed dressing room bust up and Jones putting Roger Johson back too early who couldn't head the ball thus Parkin taking huge advantage.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:52 am

Yes, Taylor certainly looked decent when he shipped six goals at Preston !