Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Iphone 4 Jailbreak! (PHOTO (software) UPDATE)

Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:54 pm

I have a Iphone 4 and i was wondering if i should Jailbreak it or not? and what are the benefits of Jailbreaking? Also what are the risks if it messes up? and can i get it back to ''not jailbreaked''?
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gr ... 99984&ap=1

Re: Iphone 4 Jailbreak!

Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:55 pm

Depends which OS your on, if your on 4+ don't bother will wreck the phone (Check in the settings to see which it is) and yes it can always be factory reset to normal.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:26 am

It would be worth it if you will jailbreak your iPhone. But of course it depends on the OS that you are using and the settings that you are organizing. There are good benefits that you can such as the application assess and risk if you made improper jailbreak.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:07 am

contact merlin on here he is the daddy of all i phone jailbreakers :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:09 am

100% jailbreak it. It doesn't matter what OS you have. Once you have Cydia on your phone you will understand why so many people do it.

I have and IP4 and iPad and have always used the jailbreak. Loads of free stuff including apps and you can customise your phone how you want.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:17 am

typenamehere wrote:Depends which OS your on, if your on 4+ don't bother will wreck the phone (Check in the settings to see which it is) and yes it can always be factory reset to normal.

Sorry but thats rubbish. I have been on 4.1 for ages using a jailbreak and never had any issues. There is even a beta jailbreak for the new 4.2.1 firmware but this is only available on the mac OS at the moment.

As its a software hack you will never wreck your phone. All you do if you have any problems is connect to iTunes and do a restore.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:27 pm

After doing mine I can't see why anyone wouldn't want theirs jailbroken. You've got to do it.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:23 pm

I've just got an iphone4 it's on contract. How do I jailbreak it and what can I do when I do it? Also does it ever go wrong? Thanks in advance :old:

Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:16 pm

Scott88 wrote:I've just got an iphone4 it's on contract. How do I jailbreak it and what can I do when I do it? Also does it ever go wrong? Thanks in advance :old:

You need to check what firmware you have first. Go to settings>General>About

Half way down it will say "Version" can you post what yours says?

Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:20 pm

Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:23 pm

Scott88 wrote:4.2.1

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=12948

Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:33 pm

What about iphone 4 with 4.0.1??

Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:38 pm

Thanks I'll give it a go afterthe game. What can you do when it's done? Does it damage your phone in anyway

Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:02 pm

Scott88 wrote:Thanks I'll give it a go afterthe game. What can you do when it's done? Does it damage your phone in anyway

There's loads you can do. Free apps, themes, etc

Just do a quick google on what you can do

Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:00 pm

A kid I teach is always on to me to Jailbreak mine, its only a 3g mind. Doesnt it invalidate your warranty?
He swears by it , I'll do mine when close to contract is up.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:00 pm

dougblue wrote:A kid I teach is always on to me to Jailbreak mine, its only a 3g mind. Doesnt it invalidate your warranty?
He swears by it , I'll do mine when close to contract is up.

No it doesn't as such. As said you just connect to iTunes and restore as its only a software hack. Ensure you restore before any warranty claim and Apple won't be able to tell that you have jailbroken it.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:55 pm

Jailbreaking an iphone is a very simple process. that simply involves you entering your phone into DFU mode (factory restore mode) and following a simple process.

What does Jailbreaking do - Absolutely NOTHING apart from add and App to your desktop called Cydia.

Cydia is the Gateway to personalising your iphone.

The main benefit of installing cydia is to install the FREE app store called Installous 4 (the latest addition of the Hacked app store)

Jailbreaks are completely reversible by Restoring in iTunes!
But ALWAYS be careful when connecting to itunes, as it will always prompt you to upgrade your current software to the latest! (which is NOT always a good thing to do - especially when you are jailbroken or are considering a Jailbreak!)

Before you Jail Break - ALWAYS save your current .shsh blobs to the cydia server first using Tiny Umbrella! so that if you ever need to Down grade your software in the future you can.

Restoring and Updating will also update the Base Band in your phone (the modem firmware in Settings>General>About) which can prevent you from unlocking your iphone to Any network)

iphones on older Basebands can be unlocked VERY easily using a Jailbroken iphone with Cydia - and software from Ultrasn0w.

I will look at anyones phone to help them along!

PM me. :)

p.s. I run a 32GB iPhone 4 which is JBroken. and have previously JB and Unlocked ALL other models. :ayatollah:

[all help is available here: ask for myself or zack on the facebook group!: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 6157299984]
Last edited by Merlin on Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:56 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:contact merlin on here he is the daddy of all i phone jailbreakers :ayatollah:

Cheers Baz.

We'll arange our little rendezvous soon! ;)

Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:57 pm

Merlin wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:contact merlin on here he is the daddy of all i phone jailbreakers :ayatollah:

Cheers Baz.

cash waiting :D ;)

Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:32 pm

I've done everything it says on that clarified.com but when I get to step 5 there is no White block icon to clil on there just the red snow file. Anyone know what I've done wrong?

Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:08 pm

Scott88 wrote:I've done everything it says on that clarified.com but when I get to step 5 there is no White block icon to clil on there just the red snow file. Anyone know what I've done wrong?

PM'd you mate.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:02 pm

i have an iphone 4 version 4.2.1

what are the negatives to jailbreaking and how easy is it to do? also how easy is it to undo?

thanks

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:02 pm

also i see above something mentioned about only for mac, which i have if that is needed.
:ayatollah:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:18 pm

?

Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:29 pm

At the moment you can only Jailbreak iphone 4 on 4.2.1 with MAC (windows will follow soon!)

you need to visit this 1st!

http://www.redmondpie.com/redsn0w-0.9.7 ... th-issues/

MY advice to anyone with iDevices of any kind is to - NOT update to 4.2.1 when itunes prompts you too!

not until the full final jailbreak is available to windows. When you update via itunes - it will automatically update your Baseband as well! (preventing you from unlocking your iphone to other networks!)

PM me for more detailed info! ;)

Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:47 pm

For anyone interested, there is a rather nice Cardiff city theme available on cydia now for use with winterboard.
It's currently using the old badge but I've spoken to the themes maker an he is sorting it into the new badge soon.
It's real good to be fair;)

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:51 am

If u want your iPhone jail broke just pm me if u don't trust yourself to do it!! :lol:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:57 pm

Oh one other thing! If anyone has old iPhones 3g, 3gs or 4's that are broken or are blocked by provider let me know as im always stripping them down for parts..... And might offer a decent price depending on condition and fault.... :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:03 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Cheers Baz.

cash waiting :D ;)

;) all done mucker!

Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:10 am

excellent job and all done in a day, mega thanks :D :D :D