and taiwo did well too

well done city , unlucky

Re: Wildig , the next ledley ?

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:52 pm

Sludge wrote:hes certainly box to box

and took some heavy challenges

and taiwo did well too

well done city , unlucky

Certainly showed bags full of potential sludge, by no means the finished article and a lot to learn but as you say did well tonight hopefully get a few more games this season to get to grips with the standard.

Fingers crossed another great academy product...perhaps we'll be able to keep this one!! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:03 am

hes a lot more dynamic than rae...who has done ok for us ...but its time for him to drop down a division now...hes not good enough for this level

Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:04 am

I was impressed with young Wildig Sludge,

Especially the amount of heavy challenges he had tonight, obviously Bristol saw him as a threat so roughed him up a bit.

Great kid for the future, but I sigh, no doubt Riddler sees another cash cow for the future.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:36 am

hailesy wrote:I was impressed with young Wildig Sludge,

Especially the amount of heavy challenges he had tonight, obviously Bristol saw him as a threat so roughed him up a bit.

Great kid for the future, but I sigh, no doubt Riddler sees another cash cow for the future.

second challenge on him would ahve been a straight red but ref seemed to take into account state of pitch

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:23 am

yes wilding had a very good game all in all,lets just let the boy nurture and find hiself,he will have few bad games,but lets not get on the kids back or expect to much-as he has lots of potential,my mate works for cardiff coaching and said saturday he is going to be a quality player,he said he did not know if he was ready for championship yet...well after lastnight i think he is,well done wilding.i have also got to say i thought HUDSON had a superb game,he was up against raw pace,and he won everything,what he lacks in pace he makes up for in reading the game+positioning.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:52 am

Our best youth products have come through with game time. Ramsey improved rapidly when he got given first team football. Look at him at Arsenal as well. His involvement in the first team has accelerated his progress.

I would say keep Wildig here. He won't be perfect every game but he's hard working, committed and is a raw talent. Given games and experience he could improve better than we expect. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the centre of midfield more regularly.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:15 am

i thinck he could be better than ledley given time he has a lot about his game ledley has'nt.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:22 am

When I saw him play for the Academy my first thought was a comparasion with Ledley he certainly seems to have a very similar style.

I would also agree its time for Rae to move on.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:37 am

Agree Wildig did very well as well as Taiwo when he came on. Taiwo just needs that little bit of sharpness on the ball when he first receives it......

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 pm

Sludge wrote:hes certainly box to box

and took some heavy challenges

and taiwo did well too

well done city , unlucky

I hope not! I hope he's the first Wildig!

StT.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:53 pm

I hope not. Look at Ledley. Won't go to the Premiership, played like shit for the last year and a half, argued with our own fans at Barnsley despite being Cardiff born and bred.

I'm totally disillusioned with Joe atm. If he cared about the club he'd have signed a new contract ages ago.

I just don't buy it lads.

Wildig looked comfortable last night in tough conditions. That's only one game though, we'll see after a good few more how he looks likely to progress.