Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: We have a problem right down the spine of the team

Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:49 am

i have to disagree with that mate,i think gerrard is growing into a good player who is good on the ball,lets not forget that johnson took time to settle,im not disputing we need strengthening in that department among other areas too,but i like gerrard as a player

Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:54 am

Also, let's try and refrain from the comparisons with Johnson. Johnson is getting England call up recommendations, Gerrard can't be expected to fill those boots. I think he and Hudson are gelling well now. His commitment and aggression gives us something to work with. If only the rest of the players always showed that much bottle.

Central midfield is still a problem. Wildig and Taiwo proved last night they can potentially plug that gap until we find someone better but they're not the sort of players you want as first teamers if you're pushing for the Premiership.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:11 am

i wasnt comparing johnson to gerrard-i was making an observation that when he came to the club he was lower level like gerrard and he grew into a player that is on the england fringe.that could happen to any player if they have attributes,they all have to start somewhere,and we give them the platform.im happy with gerrard of late

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:19 am

Looks like Gerrard might be our new free-kick taker, watch this space.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:20 am

Midfield general wrote:Gerrard is just not good enough and then you got the issue in the central midfield area.

thinck thats a bit harsh on gerrard he's stepped up a level and i thinck he's adapted well,i agree with midfield though we need some quality in there quick.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:25 am

I don't think it's the whole spine of the team.

Marshall looks top drawer and seems to be getting better, Hudson arguably our most consistent player in Dec/Jan and Bothroyd is certainly good enough for a play-off chasing CCC team.

There is a problem in CM as we all know. We certainly need to bring in at least one player on loan but having seen Wildig last night I think pairing him with McPhail could be quite interesting.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:03 am

There's certainly a problem with Ledley's hips don't know of any spinal injuries.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:06 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Looks like Gerrard might be our new free-kick taker, watch this space.

He reminds me of another Gerrard, not sure who though :lol: