Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHY ARE WE MEETING IN THE MUNI TOMORROW

Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:40 pm

Because we can't even afford to hold the meeting in our own club, how ridiculous is that,the CEO of a business has to meet hi customers in another building rather than his own.
How much bar revenue has that cost the club, well done the Muni for accommodating us,and I hope they make a fortune out of it.

Re: WHY ARE WE MEETING IN THE MUNI TOMORROW

Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:44 pm

Again another valid point.

That's what happens when you mortgage your income streams to private companies, and employ clowns who can't tie their own shoelaces.

If we are fortunate enough to escape from the mess that a succession of owners has left us in (and I do take your point about Langston not having recieved a penny), it is going to take someone competent years to clear up the stink that's been left behind.

An example today - official site advertises the fact that they will show the Mersey derby. Quite a few turn up to find there is no SKY feed of the game. Brilliant stuff.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:33 pm

i saw the merseyside derby being played when i went in and frankly id rather watch grass roots football than those overpaid scousers bounce off each other for 90 minutes

its a sad, sad day \at my football club when we have to entice people in with the liverpool game :(

Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:08 am

BigGwynram wrote:Because we can't even afford to hold the meeting in our own club, how ridiculous is that,the CEO of a business has to meet hi customers in another building rather than his own.
How much bar revenue has that cost the club, well done the Muni for accommodating us,and I hope they make a fortune out of it.

Gwyn, I called the meeting, then you suggested we should put money back in the club through the bars, but I asked club, they wanted £2,000 to hire a room lol

Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:24 am

It is a farcical situation that it costs too much to hire our own stadium rooms...The TRust held a meeting there to encourage local people to attend games..it cost £300 just to hire a small room.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:38 am

couldn't PR butty the new stadiums manager sort something out? Alot of people on film stars wages not earning thier crust me thinks. :twisted: