Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WOODGATE LATEST

Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:47 pm

I am told Jonathan Woodgate, through his friendship with Craig Bellamy, is close to signing for City.

There have been talks and it is now down to how the wages are to be paid, percentages etc.

Not quite a done deal but we are close.

Re: WOODGATE LATEST

Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:49 pm

Excellent news, hopefully we can get him in.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Carl. If he can stay fit it could be an interesting signing :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:51 pm

carl i could kiss you :oops: :oops:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:52 pm

Cheers carl.

so we are favourites? if he was to sign on loan it would be to us?
good news if so

bluebirds23 wrote:carl i could kiss you :oops: :oops:

Let's get him in first :D

carlccfc wrote:

ai good point that :lol:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:53 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Are you having a threesome? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:54 pm

FANTASTIC :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sorry to upset you All, But I feel we cant afford to have another unfit/injury prone player, PLEASE DONT ATTACK ME :lol:

Interesting :)

Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Sorry to upset you All, But I feel we cant afford to have another unfit/injury prone player, PLEASE DONT ATTACK ME :lol:

Agree Riggot de ja vu

Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:55 pm

Carl, can I just kiss you anyway :) :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Sorry to upset you All, But I feel we cant afford to have another unfit/injury prone player, PLEASE DONT ATTACK ME :lol:

i agree it could be another riggott :roll:

carlccfc wrote:I am told Jonathan Woodgate, through his friendship with Craig Bellamy, is close to signing for City.

There have been talks and it is now down to how the wages are to be paid, percentages etc.

Not quite a done deal but we are close.

Good news as yet, fingers crossed eh. Cheers Carl, f**k I hope they dont go out on the piss together :lol:

you just love putting cat amongst the birds don't you :lol: but i do agree with you he could break at any moment :oops:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:57 pm

agree annis surely there are fit and injury free players out there to be had and cheaper.not questioning his ability or talent but will question his fitness.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:57 pm

Great news Carl, if he stays fit he could be a class act for us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:59 pm

IFs and BUTs, IF hes fit then brill, IF not then theres even more of a big burden on the wage bill.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:59 pm

Totally agree Annis, Another Fowler scenario me thinks :cry:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:00 pm

i agree.

good player but not match fit. has he played any resever games? i hope he didnt play in the reserve game against chelsea last week. spurs got done big time

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:00 pm

Bowmonster wrote:

Totally agree Annis, Another Fowler scenario me thinks :cry:

would rather shittu lol got chance of him playing few more games :ayatollah: but i prob get attacked for that haha

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:01 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fowler scenario? No. Fowler was with us because he wasn't a top player any more.
Woodgate? A Top player at a top 6 club that needs game time because his manager wants him to come back strong and get into that TOP 6's FIRST TEAM! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:02 pm

come on annis one more injured player wont hurt!! :lol:

Let's stay positive on this one lads.

After all wasn't Burke meant to be injury prone before he joined us and he's done okay.

What I'd like to know is whether he's fit enough to go straight into the first team.

Not much point signing him if like Koumas and Riggott ir's going to take months before he's ready for the first team.

Is he match fit? We need him now not in 2 months time.

Bellamy picking the signings now :lol:

When's he deciding what length the grass is cut too?

great news carl thanks :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Would be an excellent signing as long as he is match fit

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:03 pm

davids wrote:Let's stay positive on this one lads.

After all wasn't Burke meant to be injury prone before he joined us and he's done okay.

What I'd like to know is whether he's fit enough to go straight into the first team.

Not much point signing him if like Koumas and Riggott ir's going to take months before he's ready for the first team.

Is he match fit? We need him now not in 2 months time.

that's very good point there, is he fit enough to fit right in now. i don't think he is but we shall see what happens i suppose.