Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Tuesday January 11th 2011 UPDATE "

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:52 pm

City are already seeing the benefits of having Mike Young ( Superted ) involved in the commercial department of the club. He has been able to bring in Sony as a matchday sponsor of the Family Stand for the next few home games but he is working on a deal that if comes to fruition then the Family Stand will be named The Sony Family Stand for at least the remainder of the season.

In the recent home game against Leeds United the away team made a request for 5000 tickets.

Arrests at CCS this season have been very low, so far there have been 6 City fans arrested and 3 away supporters. The arrests were made at the Millwall, Bristol City, Leeds and Swansea game. Out the overall 9 arrested 6 of those were in one game, Swansea.

460 tickets sold so far for Norwich away. For those who wish to go to Swansea but have only attended 2 previous away matches I am reminding you that if you purchase a ticket for Norwich away then this game would count as a qualifying game too.

The club had a reserve game today versus Exeter in a behind closed door game, it give the likes of Danny Drinkwater, Adam Matthews, Aaron Wildig and Darcy Blake the chance of a run out. City won 2-1.

Jordan Santiago has been given an extension to his current short term contract. In the summer Jordan was suffering with glandular fever and was given a six month contract, that has now been extended to the end of the season.

Cardiff have had discussions, I am told, with Blackpool about their Israeli defender Dekel Keinan. Blackpool are willing to let the player go and they would like to see a similar return on the investment they made in the Summer, £500k. I am also told that it does not have to be upfront but it can be staged with as little a down payment as £200k and the rest based on appearances, etc.

City scouts have recommended that the club takes serious consideration over 2 Burton Albion players as potential transfer targets for the end of this season, they are goalkeeper Adam Legzdins and left back Scott Malone.

Jay Bothroyd is still recovering from his hamstring injury and has been training with Sean Connelly but hopefully he will be doing some conditioning with Alex Armstrong towards the end of the week so he can resume full training next week in time for the Watford game.

The story regarding Michael Chopra and Barnsley, I have made a phone call this evening to a friend with contacts at Barnsley and the response was ' total nonsense '.

Sam Hammam is feeling very positive over the upcoming meeting he has with TG and this comes across evidently during our telephone conversations, he tells me that everything is going along well and that everyone involved is getting along very well and there are very good vibes coming from both sides. To me that is surely only a good thing for the club. When it gets down to the nitty gritty then it will be business as usual,as we are talking about tens of millions of pounds and the future and security of our football club rely on these meetings.

Whilst attending the travel group meeting which included Chief Executive Gethin Jenkins. Gethin was asked " Is he coming back, Sam Hammam ? "

Gethin responded with " ask Carl, he is only sat by there ! ".

I told the group that there was a meeting to be held and that is all I would say at this time.

There was a discussion amongst the group which included Vince Alm stating that he did not believe that Sam would return but that Sam should certainly be recognised for the work and effort he has put into the club. Vince felt Sam should certainly have a seat and maybe something on the wall as recognition or something along them lines.

Gethin then told the groupthat the official line of the club is " Talks with Langstone were ongoing and the rest was pure speculation ".

I learned tonight from a highly trusted source that Chelsea sugar daddy Roman Abramovich is leaving Chelsea this summer and will be taking over as owner and pumping his money into Zenit St.Petersburg.

This could cause a real disaster for Chelsea as they rely heavily on Abramovich's millions to fund the wages at their club, I am told that backroom staff have already been to Russia to view properties out there.

Re: " January 11th 2011 UPDATE "

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:52 pm

Thankyou

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:53 pm

cheers carl great update! :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:54 pm

Whats this Blackpool player like?

How about the Burton players?

Still undecided about Sam, and don't think I will be pursuaded either way.

Re: " Tuesday January 11th 2011 UPDATE "

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:55 pm

once again so much hype about new players and transfers, but letdown again.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:55 pm

thamks for the update, any further news on vaughan and woodgate? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:56 pm

Cheers Carl :ayatollah:

Good read thanks

Thanks carl,

if we are to sign this blackpool player. are we still getting woodgate aswell?

or is it one or the other.

also is the vaughan deal still on after leicester getting yakubu??

Cheers Carl any news on Woodgate or Vaughan

I thought the Chelsea bubble would burst when russia won the hosting of the World Cup. We could replace them with Vts millions :ayatollah:

Cheers Carl, any news on Woodgate? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

dont bother reading them again then and you wont be let down again :evil:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:57 pm

Fair enough - I can't see there being much transfer activity anywhere for another fortnight yet.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:58 pm

Cheers Carl, I think any left back will do really :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:58 pm

i'm sorry but why the hell are you putting names of potential signings the scouts have observed??

and you wonder why DJ get pi$$ed off with the MB!!!

unbelievable!

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:59 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: good but was expecting transfer update

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:59 pm

Cheers Carl, good read as always

ANy news on the lieks of Gypes, Rae etc leaving the club this month?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:02 pm

great news on the transfer front the less known or leaked the better as far as i am concerned i only want to know who,s signed not who might sign thanks carl always a good read

Forestbluebirds wrote:I thought the Chelsea bubble would burst when russia won the hosting of the World Cup. We could replace them with Vts millions :ayatollah:

watch the plastics desert the royal blue for the sky blue.

Haha you just cant please our fans. Great read cheers mate :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:03 pm

Haha you just cant please our fans. Great read cheers mate :ayatollah:

Re: Sticky : " Tuesday January 11th 2011 UPDATE "

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:04 pm

cheers carl,

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:05 pm

'I have heard Cardiff want me, and it is important for me to be playing" that's what the blackpool defender has been quoted to say

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:05 pm

good update that - not surprised about the chelsea news :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:06 pm

Cheers carl. Look forward to reading ur updates. Keep them coming :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:07 pm

cheers carl great update :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:08 pm

Bluemovie wrote:i'm sorry but why the hell are you putting names of potential signings the scouts have observed??

and you wonder why DJ get pi$$ed off with the MB!!!

unbelievable!

Why are you reading the update ?

What are you hoping to learn ?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:08 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:great news on the transfer front the less known or leaked the better as far as i am concerned i only want to know who,s signed not who might sign thanks carl always a good read

my thoughts exactly. if Carl puts our club at any risk then i'm totally against these updates for the sake of what i consider "gossip".

names of potential signings could increase value if other get similar interest. do we need scouts, perhaps we should monitor other clubs MBs and get there potential signings????

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:09 pm

carl not a good idea posting players that dj scouts want to sign in the summer and to alert others club :? :? :?