Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Tuesday January 11th 2011 UPDATE "

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:10 pm

diamonman123 wrote:once again so much hype about new players and transfers, but letdown again.

let down ?

Re: Sticky : " Tuesday January 11th 2011 UPDATE "

Thanks Carl, informative as per usual. :ayatollah:

Bluemovie wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:great news on the transfer front the less known or leaked the better as far as i am concerned i only want to know who,s signed not who might sign thanks carl always a good read

my thoughts exactly. if Carl puts our club at any risk then i'm totally against these updates for the sake of what i consider "gossip".

names of potential signings could increase value if other get similar interest. do we need scouts, perhaps we should monitor other clubs MBs and get there potential signings????

totally agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

great update carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:11 pm

Cheers Carl :ayatollah:

Lets not laugh at Chelsea too much, as it could be us if things dont get sorted.

carlccfc wrote:
diamonman123 wrote:once again so much hype about new players and transfers, but letdown again.

let down ?

I can only assume he means the club, not you Carl. :roll: :roll: :roll:

carlccfc wrote:
Bluemovie wrote:i'm sorry but why the hell are you putting names of potential signings the scouts have observed??

and you wonder why DJ get pi$$ed off with the MB!!!

unbelievable!

Why are you reading the update ?

What are you hoping to learn ?

I generally enjoy your updates Carl, and look forward to them but maybe some info could be kept back?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:12 pm

Nice one Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

lets all remember these updates are not 100% going to happen.

i bet by the end of the night though the two players wiki's will be updated

thanks for the update
do you think we will be signing any players in the next week or are we waiting to sell someone ??

thanks for the update carl,but i have to ask we know woodgate and vaughns pedigree but who the bloody hell is this blackpool player,is he decent. :?: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

cheers carl :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:13 pm

Carl am i right in believeing the scott malone player you have mentioned from burton is only 19 and has just extended his loan from wolves till the end of the season and is very highly rated by mick mcarthy as a potential first team squad member of the future? Im sure the transfer of this player is unlikely till atleast the summer due to his loan agreement at burton but glad to hear club are monitoring players of this age who have quality and need games

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:13 pm

Sod that give us all the information :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Its DJs fault if he cant get a player not the MBs :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:14 pm

carlccfc wrote:

let down ?

Yea Carl its your fault you cant fork out the millions everton and other clubs are asking up front - shame on you :lol:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:14 pm

We are incase it escaped your notice only 11 days into the transfer window, anything can happen yet.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:15 pm

tonnehead wrote:Carl am i right in believeing the scott malone player you have mentioned from burton is only 19 and has just extended his loan from wolves till the end of the season and is very highly rated by mick mcarthy as a potential first team squad member of the future? Im sure the transfer of this player is unlikely till atleast the summer due to his loan agreement at burton but glad to hear club are monitoring players of this age who have quality and need games

City scouts have recommended that the club takes serious consideration over 2 Burton Albion players as potential transfer targets for the end of this season, they are goalkeeper Adam Legzdins and left back Scott Malone.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:16 pm

Dissappointed with these three possible signings. Has Dave Jones not always said we will only sign players that are are better than we already have? I hardly see these three players improving things particularly if we go to the Premier league. 2 players currently playing for Burton Albion possibly playing in the Premier league next season and another who has can't even get in the Blackpool team? That is hardly showing ambition. I always thought our manager had lost his marbles :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:16 pm

I wonder if Burton Albion directors increase the price on the named players now that they have AAMB status

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:18 pm

Great update Carl as usual. Think if peeps want to complain or moan about your updates then they shouldn't read them. I personally enjoy reading your updates as I live in Birmingham (hence the name) so obviously don't get much Cardiff news up here.

Bluebirds!

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:19 pm

Thanks for the update once again Carl.

There is no pleasing some people on here!

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:20 pm

Any news on Vaughan or Woodgate? :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:21 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Dissappointed with these three possible signings. Has Dave Jones not always said we will only sign players that are are better than we already have? I hardly see these three players improving things particularly if we go to the Premier league. 2 players currently playing for Burton Albion possibly playing in the Premier league next season and another who has can't even get in the Blackpool team? That is hardly showing ambition. I always thought our manager had lost his marbles :lol: :lol: :lol:

To be honest mate I think its a case of what we can budget for as no money available as promised by the Malaysians, it must be soul destroying for DJ to be told money available and when it to the crunch they wont honour it.

Listen Here now People who critisise carl he gives us the info most people thank him but there are some MISERABLE BUGGERS WHO COMPLAIN IF YOU DONT LIKE IT PI** OFF rant over :ayatollah:

Thanks Carl, a great update :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:22 pm

Everyone is looking for Transfer News but if it is Not there at this moment, We are not going to make it up, to please people and then later turn out to be false.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:23 pm

Jenks wrote:Any news on Vaughan or Woodgate? :ayatollah:

Apparently Woodgate deal is dead in the water mate, Im 90% certain its the official line as Redknap wanted Woodgate straight into team and DJ said that CCFC are not a Rehab club for premiership players to get fit.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:24 pm

why is the club taking so long??? annis / carl

RichardBluebird wrote:
Jenks wrote:Any news on Vaughan or Woodgate? :ayatollah:

Apparently Woodgate deal is dead in the water mate, Im 90% certain its the official line as Redknap wanted Woodgate straight into team and DJ said that CCFC are not a Rehab club for premiership players to get fit.

If true correct decision

cheers carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That was a good read to be fair but you need to think carefully about releasing the names of targetted players into the public domain. I'd hate to think that your leaks alert other clubs and thereby create an expensive 'auction' for our club.
Last edited by ninianboy1 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.