Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Sticky : " Tuesday January 11th 2011 UPDATE "

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Everyone is looking for Transfer News but if it is Not there at this moment, We are not going to make it up, to please people and then later turn out to be false.

and in all fairness Jon Parkin is 1 more January signing than weve had in other seasons

We should be happy weve at least got someone on board this Jan

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:26 pm

Th@Und@D@wg wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Everyone is looking for Transfer News but if it is Not there at this moment, We are not going to make it up, to please people and then later turn out to be false.

and in all fairness Jon Parkin is 1 more January signing than weve had in other seasons

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes and it was put on here actually by myself that he was having a Medical down the City. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:27 pm

:ayatollah:

Thanks for the info Carl much appreciated :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:27 pm

steve l wrote:why is the club taking so long??? annis / carl

Very little movement in the transfer market overall by anybody as yet. We may have to wait until late in the window for the bigger clubs to get their new boys in before letting out their cast offs. Not sure when the Premier League clubs have to announce their 25 man squads for 2nd half of the season, that would be handy to know.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:28 pm

My Personal Opinion, they are waiting to Sell first, other wise No big money will be put down for a player, just my opinion.

For those complaining regards potential players signing and me giving the names I did not hear the copmplaints when I was giving the names of Keogh, Olifinjana, Heaton, Koumas, Naylor and a certain Mr Bellamy.

Does anyone read other teams forums to see if they have their own Carl. I dont and doubt others do so why would someone read ours :?:

Carl Great Info again. Otherwise what would we look for on the internet on a Tuesday night :twisted:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:30 pm

i think if palace hadnt sacked their manager we would have had another in by now......... :ayatollah:

carlccfc wrote:For those complaining regards potential players signing and me giving the names I did not hear the copmplaints when I was giving the names of Keogh, Olifinjana, Heaton, Koumas, Naylor and a certain Mr Bellamy.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
SPOT ON.

Thank you for another insightful update Carl, for which I, and others I hope, am extremely grateful :ayatollah:

LAUGH OUT LOUD at Chelsea :D

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:31 pm

Thanks Carl, great read :ayatollah:

Jenks wrote:Does anyone read other teams forums to see if they have their own Carl. I dont and doubt others do so why would someone read ours :?:

Carl Great Info again. Otherwise what would we look for on the internet on a Tuesday night :twisted:

Of course they do, I seen REDNOSEFERGIE log on as a new member :o

Marc wrote:
carlccfc wrote:For those complaining regards potential players signing and me giving the names I did not hear the copmplaints when I was giving the names of Keogh, Olifinjana, Heaton, Koumas, Naylor and a certain Mr Bellamy.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
SPOT ON.

agreed :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:32 pm

Cheers Carl!

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

My Personal Opinion, they are waiting to Sell first, other wise No big money will be put down for a player, just my opinion.

do you think it is jay ??? if so we need another target men

Re: " Tuesday January 11th 2011 UPDATE "

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Feck me we are being done like kippers by Blackpool. The guy has played 6 games and cost them nothing (signed on a free) and 5 months later they want 500k - no wonder they take instalments.

His 6 appearances thus far

2 bookings

Arsenal 0-6 - Came on as 37th minute substitute when they were 2 down.
MK Dons 3-4 - Full Game
Newcastle 2-0 - Full Game
Chelsea 0-4 - Full Game
Liverpool 2-1 - Came on as 20th minute sub - Score was 0-0
West Brom 2-1 - Came on as 71st minute sub - Score was 2-0
Villa 2-3 - Substituted in 75th minute - Score was 2-1 to Villa

Was dropped by Holloway on 1st November and finally found his way back in to the starting 11 for Saturday humiliation at league One Southampton, hardly a signing that inspires much confidence. 8 games played conceded 21

As for the other 2 - Burton Albion - 5th worst team in the football league - although their defence is actually the 5th best in league two. Malone seems to fit the profile of a Cardiff fullback - no goals this season in 12 appea'rances - Ironically a former Wolves player. Didn't play against us in the Carling Cup so Jones may have actually got off his arse to do some scouting.

Ledzdins - is either 6 foot or 6ft 4 inches depending on which site you look at - 24 years of age and not many games behind him - less than a hundred in the non league and then with Crewe in over 6 years. He did play against us in the Carling Cup and conceded 4.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:34 pm

ihatealiens wrote:

Very little movement in the transfer market overall by anybody as yet. We may have to wait until late in the window for the bigger clubs to get their new boys in before letting out their cast offs. Not sure when the Premier League clubs have to announce their 25 man squads for 2nd half of the season, that would be handy to know.

could be right but we are desprate for cb's

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:35 pm

Good read cheers. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:36 pm

Careless talk costs us Players :old:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Th@Und@D@wg wrote:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes and it was put on here actually by myself that he was having a Medical down the City. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Certainly was Annis and thanks for your occasional updates as well as Carls and Bluebirds23's Vale updates, its good to hear from you guys on all developments within our club, transfers or otherwise

Although i dont agree with the negative comments of some, this is an open forum and i guess everyone is entitled to air their views etc, which is why IMO this is the Number 1 CCFC forum

Keep up the good work all :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:37 pm

carlccfc wrote:Jordan Santiago has been given an extension to his current short term contract. In the summer Jordan was suffering with glandular fever and was given a six month contract, that has now been extended to the end of the season.

Jay Bothroyd is still recovering from his hamstring injury and has been training with Sean Connelly but hopefully he will be doing some conditioning with Alex Armstrong towards the end of the week so he can resume full training next week in time for the Watford game.

Cheers for the read Carl but these two storys arent exactly new news so to speak. I remember reading somewhere last week possibly that Santiago had extended his contract. I think it was from the last matchday programme but my memory is pretty hazy. As for Bothroyd, im sure that was in the paper the other day saying "he has an outside chance for Stoke at home, but will most likely be making a return for the following Saturday match against Watford".

Other than that, cheers for the update :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:38 pm

Seriously Carl if you thought your leaks were alerting other clubs and dragging our club into unnecessary and expensive auctions for players would you stop the leaks?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:41 pm

ninianboy1 wrote:

Seriously Carl if you thought your leaks were alerting other clubs and dragging our club into unnecessary and expensive auctions for players would you stop the leaks?

I dont think for one minute that Carl would hurt CCFC and its transfer targets, do you seriously think he would.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:41 pm

ninianboy1 wrote:

The same could be asked from within the club, from agents and of players, these things always get out.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:42 pm

Take no notice mate, although we are interested in whats going on down the club. I'm sure managers of all other clubs don't read this board.

Keep them coming :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:44 pm

Malone plays for Wolves. He's only on loan to Burton. Sorry to be critical,lol
Havnt got a clue on the Blackpool player

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:47 pm

carlccfc wrote:
ninianboy1 wrote:

The same could be asked from within the club, from agents and of players, these things always get out.

That's true. But agents and, to a certain extent, players don't support the club like we do. Anyway, back to the original question. Would you put a targetted player's name into the public domain if you thought it might alert our competitors?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:48 pm

Mount Blue wrote:carl not a good idea posting players that dj scouts want to sign in the summer and to alert others club :? :? :?

Definitely. Great update, but doing that is a bit silly.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:49 pm

ninianboy1 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
ninianboy1 wrote:Seriously Carl if you thought your leaks were alerting other clubs and dragging our club into unnecessary and expensive auctions for players would you stop the leaks?

That's true. But agents and, to a certain extent, players don't support the club like we do. Anyway, back to the original question. Would you put a targetted player's name into the public domain if you thought it might alert our competitors?

What about management then, do they count ?

Re: " Tuesday January 11th 2011 UPDATE "

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:51 pm

carlccfc wrote:
diamonman123 wrote:once again so much hype about new players and transfers, but letdown again.

let down ?

think he means by the club