Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Sticky : " Tuesday January 11th 2011 UPDATE "

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:51 pm

PLAYER NAME DROPPING.

The Israel centre-back, 25, signed from Maccabi Haifa last summer on a one-year deal with an option for a further 12 months, is also a target for QPR. 'I have heard Cardiff want me, and it is important for me to be playing,' he said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1AlYscTZZ

Re: " Tuesday January 11th 2011 UPDATE "

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:52 pm

Bluemovie wrote:I generally enjoy your updates Carl, and look forward to them but maybe some info could be kept back?

How do you know he isn't keeping something, or most of it, back?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:54 pm

if the abranovich situation is true i,ll bet ridsdale is kicking himself by joining plymouth....look at the treasure chest he could have had. :D :ayatollah:

Forever Blue wrote:Everyone is looking for Transfer News but if it is Not there at this moment, We are not going to make it up, to please people and then later turn out to be false.

Exactly.

We should be more concerned about our star player, who seems to be a headcase, needlessly getting into scrapes about town.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. :x

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:56 pm

Sam Hammam is feeling very positive over the upcoming meeting he has with TG and this comes across evidently during our telephone conversations, he tells me that everything is going along well and that everyone involved is getting along very well and there are very good vibes coming from both sides. To me that is surely only a good thing for the club. When it gets down to the nitty gritty then it will be business as usual,as we are talking about tens of millions of pounds and the future and security of our football club rely on these meetings.

Obligatory piece of Sam propaganda. A whole paragraph without substance.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:57 pm

carlccfc wrote:For those complaining regards potential players signing and me giving the names I did not hear the copmplaints when I was giving the names of Keogh, Olifinjana, Heaton, Koumas, Naylor and a certain Mr Bellamy.

Oh Lord, don't worry about these loons Carl.

It's a FACT that you've been the only one who's been remotely close with not just the transfer info but the other info too. You and Annis.

A FACT!

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:58 pm

carlccfc wrote:
ninianboy1 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:For those complaining regards potential players signing and me giving the names I did not hear the copmplaints when I was giving the names of Keogh, Olifinjana, Heaton, Koumas, Naylor and a certain Mr Bellamy.

Seriously Carl if you thought your leaks were alerting other clubs and dragging our club into unnecessary and expensive auctions for players would you stop the leaks?

The same could be asked from within the club, from agents and of players, these things always get out.

exactly, goes on every day, that's why players have agents!

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:59 pm

Just wondering with regards to Leeds asking for 5000 tickets.
Obviously they rejected it in this instance, but where would such a large allocation of away fans go?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:00 pm

I'm sick of January's becomming a massive let down with unfulfilled promises by out owners. If we were 2nd, DJ gets money: bollx! Now we are talking about 2nd rate defenders, kids who have hardly played and pure speculati

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:01 pm

I'm not sure about management to be honest Carl. I was just wondering what your own personal response would be if you thought your leaks might be alerting other clubs.

(PS this my response to a post a few messages back)

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:03 pm

WelshBluebird wrote:Just wondering with regards to Leeds asking for 5000 tickets.
Obviously they rejected it in this instance, but where would such a large allocation of away fans go?

In the Taff, I hope. :lol:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:03 pm

diamonman123 wrote:once again so much hype about new players and transfers, but letdown again.

We are Cardiff City not Man City. Carl can only report on what is currently going on.

Cheers Carl for the update.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:04 pm

Gotta laugh at people thinking Carl's updates could tip other clubs off...

Yeah, I'm sure all clubs have spies here... no doubt use skype... "hey, see who cardiff are after? We've gotta get them what with having no scouting facilities..."

Face facts, selling clubs leak interest. Not difficult to work out why...

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:07 pm

nerd wrote:Gotta laugh at people thinking Carl's updates could tip other clubs off...

Yeah, I'm sure all clubs have spies here... no doubt use skype... "hey, see who cardiff are after? We've gotta get them what with having no scouting facilities..."

I totally agree with your last line. But bear in mind that the local reporters read and report from these sites and in turn, UK reporters scour local media for gossip.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:13 pm

ninianboy1 wrote:
nerd wrote:Gotta laugh at people thinking Carl's updates could tip other clubs off...

I totally agree with your last line. But bear in mind that the local reporters read and report from these sites and in turn, UK reporters scour local media for gossip.

Happens at every club mate

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:17 pm

Why the hell would we want league 2 players when we are in the premiership. :shock:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:19 pm

Mount Blue wrote:carl not a good idea posting players that dj scouts want to sign in the summer and to alert others club :? :? :?

if you dont want to know the latest up dates from the club , dont read them, or have you been reading the echo again, as stated, were not the only football club that has a message board, :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:22 pm

Lower league players could be the future of this club particularly if we need to pay back Langston :P

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:28 pm

Loose lips sink ships. Thats wot DJ was saying. Would be better to keep shtum about players until they put pen to paper IMO.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:31 pm

Damned Yank wrote:

It's a FACT that you've been the only one who's been remotely close with not just the transfer info but the other info too. You and Annis.

A FACT!

I think you will find that the news that a certain Mr Bellamy had signed broke on the CCMB long before Carl picked up, hey but don't let the truth get in the way of FACTS.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:33 pm

ninianblue wrote:
Mount Blue wrote:carl not a good idea posting players that dj scouts want to sign in the summer and to alert others club :? :? :?

if you dont want to know the latest up dates from the club , dont read them, or have you been reading the echo again, as stated, were not the only football club that has a message board, :ayatollah:

I think you're missing the point. It's not a case of not wanting to know the latest updates but that some posters are worried that Carl could be alerting competing clubs with his leaks.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:35 pm

Pug wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:

A FACT!

I think you will find that the news that a certain Mr Bellamy had signed broke on the CCMB long before Carl picked up, hey but don't let the truth get in the way of FACTS.

Pug again Sniping lol, then runs back on ccmb to say what he has done lol
Pug it was put out by Me 2 months before it appeared on ccmb and TLG Ridiculed it, I got the info even before Carl.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:37 pm

Pug wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:

A FACT!

Out of curiosity have you got any evidence to back that up as I recall a lot of rumours and speculation floating around both message boards?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:39 pm

Chris, as to the day and date Bells was Signing Carl WITHOUT DOUBT PUT IT OUT ON HERE FIRST and got Ridiculed by the Snipers on the other mb.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:40 pm

Damned Yank wrote:
Bluemovie wrote:I generally enjoy your updates Carl, and look forward to them but maybe some info could be kept back?

Finally ;)

It took a while but someone has got there :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:42 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:

Finally ;)

It took a while but someone has got there :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:43 pm

Pug wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:

A FACT!

Besides the fact that I didn't mention CCMB at all in that post, or anything about who posted when Bellamy signed his deal first, I call BS on your comment.

If I remember rightly Carl was easily first to the press with Bellamy, either him or Annis. In fact, that's one of the reasons I joined AAMB.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:44 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:Loose lips sink ships. Thats wot DJ was saying. Would be better to keep shtum about players until they put pen to paper IMO.

DJ was bang out of order, you know it, I know it and every other fan knows it.

The club missed out cause O'Brien wanted to stay in Leeds and used DJ and the club to get the deal he wanted. Period

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Chris, as to the day and date Bells was Signing Carl WITHOUT DOUBT PUT IT OUT ON HERE FIRST and got Ridiculed by the Snipers on the other mb.

I will wait for his response Annis, surely it shouldn't be too hard for him to search through the ccmb archives and provide us with a link.