Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE FIRM

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:05 pm

just watched is quality.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: THE FIRM

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:06 pm

corndog70 wrote:just watched is quality.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:07 pm

Very good but that cockney tw*t incharge of the ICF was very annoying (if you're onabout the same film :lol:) :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:08 pm

The Original one with Gary Oldman,just edges the New one in My Opinion.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:09 pm

where can I get it from, I want to watch it

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:09 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Very good but that cockney tw*t incharge of the ICF was very annoying (if you're onabout the same film :lol:) :ayatollah:

There are 2 films called the FIRM mate, bexy in both! both good films but CASS is a cracking film true story. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:10 pm

Meh I dunno if i saw the new one or older one, i think its the new one cause the fella of Ashes to ashes is on it, anywho im off to bed now night night :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The Original one with Gary Oldman,just edges the New one in My Opinion.

what's the original not sure if iv'e seen it.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:14 pm

corndog70 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The Original one with Gary Oldman,just edges the New one in My Opinion.

Its Called The Firm, But was made 20 odd yrs ago, but very Violent.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
corndog70 wrote:

Its Called The Firm, But was made 20 odd yrs ago, but very Violent.

cheers.
:D ill try and get that one love gary oldman

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:18 pm

The Original one is better, watched Cass the other day again, top film to :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:19 pm

The first one is great watch here :ayatollah:

http://www.moviewatch.in/watch-1576-The-Firm

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:19 pm

Bexy gets stabbed in the new film........In the older version which is more or less the same but from another perspective he gets shot by YETEE.

:ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:39 am

electricblue wrote:The Original one is better, watched Cass the other day again, top film to :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:15 am

Not too fust on the newer 1 to be honest.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:22 am

Carl_Dales_Left_boot wrote:Not too fust on the newer 1 to be honest.

Totally agree.The actor who plays bexy is rubbish compared to gary oldman :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:25 am

gary oldman in the first one is much better

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:36 am

I thought it could have been better researched with the dates and fashions. The sportswear look was starting to die out by the start of 1985 really but they kept going on about the European Championships in 1988 in Germany and how the 3 firms were trying to find a leader for that tournament, which England hadn't even qualifierd for by then. I did mention that to that Nick Love bloke when I met him, but he denied there was any direct reference in the film to that tournament, but there quite obviously was.

That said, a cracking film but can't decide which was better, that or the original. The original was good, but casting Mickey Pearce and Benny from Grange Hill as hooligans is stretching reality a bit far. Jim from Corrie made a convincing nutter though :lol:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:37 am

blue nile wrote:

Totally agree.The actor who plays bexy is rubbish compared to gary oldman :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I guess that's why Gary Oldman is a multi-talented Hollywood A-lister and the bloke in the new Firm isn't :lol:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:40 am

The second film was ok but bexy definately looked like a post box in that red tracksuit :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:46 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
blue nile wrote:

I guess that's why Gary Oldman is a multi-talented Hollywood A-lister and the bloke in the new Firm isn't :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:05 am

agreed....cant beat the 1st film, classic :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:10 am

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0519294904

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:32 am

corndog70 wrote:just watched is quality.

Its worth watching, but not a classic by any means, although i shouldnt say that as i have a mate who was in it and he gets royalties for every copy sold so go out and buy it. :lol:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:34 pm

I thought this thread was about the underwhelming and underpowered adaptation of John Grisholm's fine novel.

Instead I find you all salivating over another poor take on a gritty story, better told twenty years ago.

"What the f**k have we got to do with Scotland, Son!?"

:ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:00 pm

I think the clothing , lifestyle and music is quality dont think its as good as the original but still up there :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:05 pm

ccfc-louis wrote:I think the clothing , lifestyle and music is quality dont think its as good as the original but still up there :ayatollah:

The second film gives more of a flavour of the time by using the clothes and soundtrack, even if the dates are al ittle out

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:15 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
ccfc-louis wrote:I think the clothing , lifestyle and music is quality dont think its as good as the original but still up there :ayatollah:

The second film gives more of a flavour of the time by using the clothes and soundtrack, even if the dates are al ittle out

Totally agreee :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:21 pm

not seen the new one,but watched green street the other night and charlie hunnams' cockney accent is the worst ever. :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:29 pm

If you havent seen the original it's well worth a watch, it's on YouTube the full film in segments, here's the link to part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAnkGh3okKA