Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" RIGHT DAVE JONES WEVE GOT THE BEST "

Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:59 pm

" RIGHT DAVE JONES WEVE GOT THE BEST STRIKE FORCE BEYOND DOUBT " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Please Now Start looking for BLOODY QUALITY DEFENDERS :ayatollah:

Re: " RIGHT DAVE JONES WEVE GOT THE BEST "

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:02 pm

agreed

I honestly feel we have good enough defenders at our club for our first team. Back up is what is needed to be fair and maybe a new left back ;)

i dont agree annis its the midfeild we were outplayed, mcphail didnt touch the ball for sixty mins whitts ad a shocker the defence were under pressure all game something had to give in the end

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:03 pm

They did good... That shoot was unstopable...

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:04 pm

not even sure that's true tho Annis, we've hardly looked like cutting loose and bagging 3 or 4 goals a game. Not for ages.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" RIGHT DAVE JONES WEVE GOT THE BEST STRIKE FORCE BEYOND DOUBT " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

See, I say this and I get shot down! Will be interesting to see if you get the same!

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:06 pm

Norwich deserved a draw today, I though our defence played really well though, just unlucky.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:06 pm

Western Blue wrote:They did good... That shoot was unstopable...

yes but the ball run past in our 6 yard box all the way through without 1 of defenders getting away y??

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:08 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" RIGHT DAVE JONES WEVE GOT THE BEST STRIKE FORCE BEYOND DOUBT " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

See, I say this and I get shot down! Will be interesting to see if you get the same!

Bluebird99....i totally agree. Im by far a harsh critic of the team and will stand up for every player, and yes the defence played well BUT NOT FOR THE FULL 90mins.

You dont get automatic like that!!

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:08 pm

I do agree we need defenders anyone can see that but i mean today for eg/wtf did we expect then DJ on the touchline watching are back line camped on the 18yard line for 88mins bar are goal while one player picked us apart for the whole game AFTER we scored what did we as a team or are manager do to stop that i shall tell you what we done NOTHING so there goal was always going to happen :twisted:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:09 pm

The midfield has got to play better to stop the opposing team coming through them time after time. The defence NEED the help of the midfield.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:09 pm

It was the midfield which cost us today.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:10 pm

I'm genuinely starting to feel it is the centre of midfield. We need someone dominant in there - oli doesn't do it well enough. Mcphail and whitts can be good, but can't force things nor take it by the balls. More and more, we don't use the ball properly in midfield, and just more pressure is put on our defence.

When we take the lead, we should be able to control the match :twisted:

We still need a quality centre back too. We have best strikers; however, they can do little if the game isn't being controlled.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:10 pm

YEP! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:12 pm

we need players who can play for 90 mins this has been my complaint for years well since Jones has been in charge I am concerned what goes on at training.

Chris Gunter Arron Ramsay and Roger Johnson have said how the training is so much harder at their new clubs so what does that tell you

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:13 pm

nonsense, the defence was brilliant today and we probably would of lost if it wasn't for their performance. The midfield cost us all 3 points today!!

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:16 pm

ccfc95 wrote:nonsense, the defence was brilliant today and we probably would of lost if it wasn't for their performance. The midfield cost us all 3 points today!!

This ^^^^^^^^^ :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:18 pm

Why ? The whole of the defence was superb today !

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:21 pm

I Don't think that Seyi can play as part of a two man centre midfield. He was brilliant at the start of the season when Chops was out for a few weeks and we played 4 5 1. If we are going to play 4 4 2 for the rest of the season I think we should go with Drinkwater and McPhail or Drinkwater and Whitts. But most pressing of all we need a left back and centre back if we are going to make top two, and the sooner DJ sorts this out the better. Can't see us getting Routledge and Vaughan is looking doubtful too but if we can hang onto Jay I think that we have enough going forward IMO.....just two defenders and I think we can do it. Not a bad draw today TBH but some more tough games coming up.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:22 pm

great point for the bluebirds today! a game away to a team that will be chalenging for promotion and we go and get a point, always hard to swollow when you concede a goal late on like that !BUT!its a point away from home against a good side, a point that will be crusial at the end of the season! My glass is half full and not half empty after todays result :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:23 pm

I disagree

Our squad isin't the best

Midfield is shit - Keogh not a striker

Parkin a good addition but will it be enough to get us up ? :roll:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:24 pm

I feel that right up to the last few mins our defence had the best game they have had in quite a while. This was always going to be a tough game and its disappointing to let a goal in so late in the game!! But I still feel we played a belter!!! The only player for me today that seemed to be a hindrence to us imo was oli. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:26 pm

moonboots wrote:I Don't think that Seyi can play as part of a two man centre midfield. He was brilliant at the start of the season when Chops was out for a few weeks and we played 4 5 1. If we are going to play 4 4 2 for the rest of the season I think we should go with Drinkwater and McPhail or Drinkwater and Whitts. But most pressing of all we need a left back and centre back if we are going to make top two, and the sooner DJ sorts this out the better. Can't see us getting Routledge and Vaughan is looking doubtful too but if we can hang onto Jay I think that we have enough going forward IMO.....just two defenders and I think we can do it. Not a bad draw today TBH but some more tough games coming up.

Agree. When we played 4-5-1 with Chopra out we had true pace with Bellamy left and Burke right, with Jay as a superb target man. The crucial thing is that Olofinjana did his bit, but because he's not that mobile, Drinkwater provided a lot of energy and legs in the middle. Whittingham then played as a playmaker which McPhail is equally capable of doing.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:27 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:

Very true mate you had your oppinion and someone else had theirs. This is a forum!
Guarantee the guy who shot u down will now probably agree with Annis.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:28 pm

ccfc95 wrote:nonsense, the defence was brilliant today and we probably would of lost if it wasn't for their performance. The midfield cost us all 3 points today!!

Totally agree, Wes Hoolahan had the complete run of that midfield today. McPhail is a joke and should shown the door pronto, whilst Bellamy, Oli and Whitts should get a very sharpe kick up the arse.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:32 pm

Sbf3 wrote:I feel that right up to the last few mins our defence had the best game they have had in quite a while. This was always going to be a tough game and its disappointing to let a goal in so late in the game!! But I still feel we played a belter!!! The only player for me today that seemed to be a hindrence to us imo was oli. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

oI!!! way too good an opinion for a woman!! :D :D :D :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Whitts played out of position and McPhail wasn't fantastic by any stretch of the imagination, but he's still class when called upon and we need him.

Don't let your frustration get the best of you.

Bluebird_Melv wrote:
Bluebird99 wrote:

Very true mate you had your oppinion and someone else had theirs. This is a forum!
Guarantee the guy who shot u down will now probably agree with Annis.

TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU Melv.
Melv, Have a read of this Thread, there are plenty who Disagree with Me.
Also not many agree with me that Dave Jones wont take us up, For Years I've been saying it.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:34 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Totally agree, Wes Hoolahan had the complete run of that midfield today. McPhail is a joke and should shown the door pronto, whilst Bellamy, Oli and Whitts should get a very sharpe kick up the arse.

YOU SAID ,Wes Hoolahan had the complete run of that midfield today .jesus i thought it was just me who seen this should of been delt with after 7mins man marked or summit but what do we expect from dj :ayatollah: