Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " RIGHT DAVE JONES WEVE GOT THE BEST "

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Defence were excellent today , Olly very poor , no enthusiasm or did not try to win ball back - The team are playing good football now , a run is starting !!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Yes we need another defender but we did well as a team - Parkin did amazing job - great goal - Fantastic signing by JONES

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU Melv.
Melv, Have a read of this Thread, there are plenty who Disagree with Me.
Also not many agree with me that Dave Jones wont take us up, For Years I've been saying it.

and plenty, like me, that didn't used to agree with you on Jones but do now.

Jones forced me to change my mind by continuing to be a fool.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:36 pm

Sorry Annis mate but its not only Defenders we require its tactical nous. Once again we have an inability to dictate games through our midfield who continue to be overrun by lesser teams . Where as Ollie gone missing to in the last two months?. We appear to be carrying players in this team and yet again out midfield was nullified. We need a Graham Kavanagh type player to run the show in midfield but sadly we are lacking in quality in this position due to inconsistancy. Jones tactical awarenesss was once again shown up as we seemed to be waiting to concede the equaliser rather than putting the game beyond Norwich.

Obviously we had chances to win this game its unfortunate that we did not get the result we wanted. in the last eight weeks we have been outplayed, outthought and outclassed by teams that carry no superstar (Billboard names). We however have been totally tactically outwitted by so called lesser managers and players.

To all the keep Jones crew amongst our long suffering fans,do you think we have enough in the tank to make it to the promised land?. If we can eliminate the inconsistancies that seem to plague our players then we have a chance,but remember who brings these players to our club? Our club will live or die by this bloke's decisions. So boy's its over to you!!!!!!

We cannot play in games with our players earning high wages and be placed on the backfoot for 80 minutes of the game..

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:37 pm

Nathan Walker wrote:I honestly feel we have good enough defenders at our club for our first team. Back up is what is needed to be fair and maybe a new left back ;)

Agreed

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:37 pm

Damned Yank wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU Melv.
Melv, Have a read of this Thread, there are plenty who Disagree with Me.
Also not many agree with me that Dave Jones wont take us up, For Years I've been saying it.

and plenty, like me, that didn't used to agree with you on Jones but do now.

Jones forced me to change my mind by continuing to be a fool.

:lol: :ayatollah:

And thats whats good about This Forum, I think some people want us to be at each others throats every day like else where :roll:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:39 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Defence were excellent today , Olly very poor , no enthusiasm or did not try to win ball back - The team are playing good football now , a run is starting !!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Yes we need another defender but we did well as a team - Parkin did amazing job - great goal - Fantastic signing by JONES

See Melv, NI Disagrees with me every day, But we dont call each other names or snipe at each other, Sorry Melv to Disappoint you.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:43 pm

I Honestly thought we were going to Sneak it, But 1-1 will do :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:46 pm

We always seem to have AT LEAST 1 department that lets us down. Today it was our midfield that didnt do enough to control things. Other games its the defence that lets us down. We dont seem to be able to ever fully concentrate as a WHOLE TEAM which needs sorting.

We urgently need a dependable left back, a central defender and a MIDFIELD TERRIER who's prepared to put his body on the line and chase everything (someone like Mascherano would be nice :lol: ). That will break up attacks, take pressure off our defence and allow us to create attacks of our own. I thought we might have done that in bringing Drinky in but it hasnt panned out like that.

We cant slip up like that again. 3pts against Watford are imperative. There are too many sides that have games in hand that can go above us. If everyone else keeps winning its out of our hands.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:48 pm

You got me wrong mate others shot bluebird99 down so i was just simply agreeing with him.

Ive never called anyone names so dont where uve plucked that from :roll:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:54 pm

Oli was way off the pace, always looking for one too many touches for the ball. The defence had a really good game, but one thing that really gets to me is the way Naylor seems to ball watch and drift inside leaving other teams with a out ball.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:56 pm

Where was "The Enforcer" when we needed him most?

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:58 pm

We need someone in to replace Olofinjana he's been shocking for ages now. constatntly out of position, gives away possession too easily and plays stupid passes. Hes there to win the ball and be a presence in midfield, at the moment he's the opposite

Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:07 pm

Fear not.

Gavin will be back on Tuesday!

Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:Defence were excellent today , Olly very poor , no enthusiasm or did not try to win ball back - The team are playing good football now , a run is starting !!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Yes we need another defender but we did well as a team - Parkin did amazing job - great goal - Fantastic signing by JONES

See Melv, NI Disagrees with me every day, But we dont call each other names or snipe at each other, Sorry Melv to Disappoint you.

i know melvvery well i think he is just letting his frustration out to be honest annis!! :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:42 pm

Football games are won and lost in midfield.
The 2 centre midfield spots are still a huge problem for us.
We ere overran again today in midfield.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" RIGHT DAVE JONES WEVE GOT THE BEST STRIKE FORCE BEYOND DOUBT " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Please Now Start looking for BLOODY QUALITY DEFENDERS :ayatollah:

Completely agree.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

just read this again, think melv is completely right here, he was sticking up for a guy who posted this post and people slated him but then annis posted the same topic and all the people who slate this guy didnt even comment on annis's topic.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32705

some people dont have their own opion at times!!

anyway dj get some of these targets sealed!! :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:23 pm

Love it that after the defence had their best game of the season they still get slated by some people. They were magnificent today and deserve a lot of credit. Also people criticise dave jones, what was he suppose to do. It was the midfield that cost us, olofinjana is the most over rated player in our squad, he's about 6 ft 3 in and built like a brick shit house and he get barged off the ball easily and doesn't win any headers. Whitts is either unplayable or absolutely useless and macphail the same. Bellars isn't playing to full potential and burke has no confidence. Also best strike force in the league? No wen was last time we scored more than 2 in a game. A back up centre half and left back needed with 2 midfielders please!!!!

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:31 pm

jamiebluebird wrote:Love it that after the defence had their best game of the season they still get slated by some people. They were magnificent today and deserve a lot of credit. Also people criticise dave jones, what was he suppose to do. It was the midfield that cost us, olofinjana is the most over rated player in our squad, he's about 6 ft 3 in and built like a brick shit house and he get barged off the ball easily and doesn't win any headers. Whitts is either unplayable or absolutely useless and macphail the same. Bellars isn't playing to full potential and burke has no confidence. Also best strike force in the league? No wen was last time we scored more than 2 in a game. A back up centre half and left back needed with 2 midfielders please!!!!

Jamie, I have not slated DJ for todays game, I am actually happy with the Result.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:36 pm

Not you annis someone else. What could dave jones do today. The midfield was playing terrible and all he had was drinkwater, rae and blake. They won't change a game for us!!!

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:38 pm

jamiebluebird wrote:Not you annis someone else. What could dave jones do today. The midfield was playing terrible and all he had was drinkwater, rae and blake. They won't change a game for us!!!

I thought we might of Sneaked a win once 80 mins had gone, But before the game I said I would be happy with a draw and I am :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
jamiebluebird wrote:Love it that after the defence had their best game of the season they still get slated by some people. They were magnificent today and deserve a lot of credit. Also people criticise dave jones, what was he suppose to do. It was the midfield that cost us, olofinjana is the most over rated player in our squad, he's about 6 ft 3 in and built like a brick shit house and he get barged off the ball easily and doesn't win any headers. Whitts is either unplayable or absolutely useless and macphail the same. Bellars isn't playing to full potential and burke has no confidence. Also best strike force in the league? No wen was last time we scored more than 2 in a game. A back up centre half and left back needed with 2 midfielders please!!!!

Jamie, I have not slated DJ for todays game, I am actually happy with the Result.

he's right that bellers has been shit

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:44 pm

Me too I would have taken 4 points from the norwich and leeds game, we need 2 wins now against watford and reading to go into the swansea game

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:24 am

We definitely need another central midfielder as well. I'd go for Tom Soares, Richie Wellens, Michael Tonge or David Jones from Wolves. When Stephen McPhail is in the starting eleven and playing in the centre, our midfield is non-existent. The amount of space that teams get in the middle when he plays is ridiculous. Olofinjana cannot do all the hard work on his own, we need another quality central midfield enforcer who can score and create goals, works tirelessly, and who can pass the ball well. McPhail is supposed to be one of the best midfielders in the Championship and is supposedly renowned for his great passing, creativity and his free-kicks, the only one he can do well is passing but that is when the ball is played backwards or sideways. I honestly truly believe that McPhail is and should be used as back-up for us, as he just does not produce enough for the team.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:41 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
ccfc95 wrote:nonsense, the defence was brilliant today and we probably would of lost if it wasn't for their performance. The midfield cost us all 3 points today!!

. McPhail is a joke and should shown the door pronto

You're a joke!

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:09 am

Im with Annis on this one. Good Defenders mean less work for the Midfield.

Less Defending, for the Midfield, means more attacking - and not being overrun.

When we are attacking - the Defence can rest and reorganise themselves.

DEFENCE IS THE KEY. We sort that out - we make things easier for the rest of the team and confidence will grow as well

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:14 am

Paul Keevil wrote:Im with Annis on this one. Good Defenders mean less work for the Midfield.

Less Defending, for the Midfield, means more attacking - and not being overrun.

When we are attacking - the Defence can rest and reorganise themselves.

DEFENCE IS THE KEY. We sort that out - we make things easier for the rest of the team and confidence will grow as well

Totally agree :ayatollah:

And not expensive ones either.