Good away point - negative fools piss off to the Liberty

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:02 pm

Nuff said.

Re: Good away point - negative fools piss off to the Liberty

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:02 pm

Well said :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:10 pm

was just about to post that we earned a very good point pity we conceded late on but after the capitulations against Bristol & Watford we battled today and got a very good point :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:14 pm

Copnsidering the form Norwich have been on, a very solid away point. Won't be long before the "fans" come out and slag off the team and DJ, but I'm happy with today's result, away from home against strong opposition, a goal for Parkin and still 3rd, with a game in hand over swansea. Yes the late goal hurt, but that's how it goes. I'm happy with a point, from an on form team.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:14 pm

Well the fact is Norwich City are a very good side this season, there's a reason they're nominally in third.

So the reality of the situation is it's an excellent away point.

Sure,conceding a goal in the last minute hurts.

But if we'd conceded first and equalised late the result would still be the same - one more point on the road to promotion.

And that, my friends, is FACT :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:22 pm

At the start of the game most of us would have settled for a point I'm sure but the fact is we could have had all three points if we hadn't tried to defend our lead for 83 minutes!

Those two dropped points could make all the difference at the end of the season.

Our inability to keep enough clean sheets may cost us dear.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:27 pm

This is a results based business as we often tell the manager.

Point away at Norwich is a good result.

Performance may of been questionable but thats just history now and the point is on the board. Nice to see Parkin get a debut goal.

We still need good centre half, good left back, storming right winger and a general for midfield if we want promotion. (And keep Jay/chops). Likely - I doubt it.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:52 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:Won't be long before the "fans" come out and slag off the team and DJ.

Ah yes, the "we're better fans than you mantra".

Good defensive effort, have to question why we were being overrun at times and why DJ didn't change things to cater for it.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:58 pm

Suprised at todays stats http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/9358046.stm more even than the game looked/was!

Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:02 pm

Good point just gutted we conceded so late in the game. Thought the players on the filed gave everything. My only negative would be that Dave Jones failed to react to a change in tactics by Lambert late in the game. They put 3 up top had a good go and Hoolahan ran the show. I think we should have got Drinkwater on late in place of Parkin who was looking tired towards the end and stifle their midfield a bit. Overall though happy to come away from there with a point. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:15 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Good point just gutted we conceded so late in the game. Thought the players on the filed gave everything. My only negative would be that Dave Jones failed to react to a change in tactics by Lambert late in the game. They put 3 up top had a good go and Hoolahan ran the show. I think we should have got Drinkwater on late in place of Parkin who was looking tired towards the end and stifle their midfield a bit. Overall though happy to come away from there with a point. :ayatollah:

I know another obvious feck up by the dick jones

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:24 am

DJ didnt change it because we always looked likely to get a 2nd. Parkin and Chopra with chances.

Give DJ a break, this continual sniping at him is not resolving anything and is having a negative effect on the fans.