Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Realistic suggestions for players we need

Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:54 pm

Obviously defensive cover is key, but in the last 3 games i think we've found our best defence (for what we have available).

We need a quality left back to go straight into the first team (what happened to the one we were looking at from Liverpool?) and a centre-half with pace.
We all know this and various names have been banded around so i'll leave that one up to you.

But i think, most importantly, our midfield needs a real hard nut.
Olofinjana has turned out to be a big f*cking fairy, so we need someone to at least challenge or replace him.
Michael Brown, come on down.
Horrible fucker, just what we need.
We need another winger, DJ apparently looking at Chris Conway of Dundee (who's absolute quality btw).

Any other suggestions?

Re: Realistic suggestions for players we need

Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:57 pm

Steve Morrison up top

Spearman from Wolves as a centre back

Jenas on loan

Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:59 pm

Ross wrote:Obviously defensive cover is key, but in the last 3 games i think we've found our best defence (for what we have available).

We need a quality left back to go straight into the first team (what happened to the one we were looking at from Liverpool?) and a centre-half with pace.
We all know this and various names have been banded around so i'll leave that one up to you.

Olofinjana has turned out to be a big f*cking fairy, so we need someone to at least challenge or replace him.
We need another winger, DJ apparently looking at Chris Conway of Dundee (who's absolute quality btw).

Any other suggestions?

i'm a complete covert to getting Michael Brown in.

He is a total b*stard on the pitch and runs his socks off. If we get him in he could be a huge short term signing for us. Oli is shot to pieces, bring on Browny :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:59 pm

Center back with some pace and big b*stard in midfield are crucial to correct our weaknesses IMO. Danny Wilson and Michael Brown would be ideal.

The idea of a new left back is appealing too, but I don't really think DJ will go for it. He's fine with Naylor for the time being, which is annoying.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:04 pm

Ross wrote:Obviously defensive cover is key, but in the last 3 games i think we've found our best defence (for what we have available).

Any other suggestions?

sounds about right

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:15 pm

The only defender with pace we have is Kev and part of that is down to how well he reads the game.

I'd want a right full-back who will overlap Burkey to give another option
A centre-back who works with Huds. Allow Hudson to attack the ball and have the pace to then cover the gap behind.
A true box-to-box midfielder with a bit of bite (Michael Brown)
A goal-scorer.

If the rumours of us talking to Newcastle are true, we need 4 players in my opinion.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:35 am

curtis davies in defence, conway dundee and anybody else at this present moment just to freshen the squad up!!

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:59 am

bakircioglu wrote:The only defender with pace we have is Kev and part of that is down to how well he reads the game.

I'd want a right full-back who will overlap Burkey to give another option
A centre-back who works with Huds. Allow Hudson to attack the ball and have the pace to then cover the gap behind.
A true box-to-box midfielder with a bit of bite (Michael Brown)
A goal-scorer.

If the rumours of us talking to Newcastle are true, we need 4 players in my opinion.

That FB you are looking for is Matthews.

The new CB should be Shittu.

Brown would be good.

Dont need a striker (Chops, Parkin, Bothroyd, Keogh / Bellamy)....... Hammil / Routledge / Kebe / McAnuff / Coppinger could all do a job, as we need a winger.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:07 am

i dont know if its me, but shouldnt we be playing Quinn at centre half, he looks like hes way out of his depth at full back, especially when we have got probably the best full back in the league playing at centre back, quinn meanwhile just looks like he should be a centrehalf from the games ive seen, he can tackle and head, but got no pace.

Def need a Left back because Lee ' i only pass to belllars' Naylor just isn't up to it

i agree Michael Brown could be the man we need in the middle of the park, a very passionate player

Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:36 am

when are you going to get it :cry: we are not going to get anyone mentioned as i said in a previous post parkin is it except for defensive nobodies from scotland or the lower leagues,i wish i knew how to post previous posts as it would save me a lot of hassle :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:42 am

Agree that Burke always looks a better player with Matthews in the team. Box to box, I'd make a cheeky bid for Pratley as he's out of contract with the Jax. Left back = Super Kev, CB = Quinn. Use the money saved to offer Jay a bit more to stay.