Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

whittingham?

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:55 pm

hes bordering on a crap player, many other players mentioned for there poor performances, but whitts is shocking this season?

Re: whittingham?

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:55 pm

He wasnt the best last season! :lol: He may have scored 25 goals but the games he didnt score in he may as well have not played, constantly not picking his man up and never puts in a tackle.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:21 pm

Thats why we need to revert to the system we started the season with i.e. Whitts,Oli,Drinkwater in a midfield 3 with bellers left and chops/burke right side. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:22 pm

He do look like he got some sort of a problem, hes not the same player as he was. He dont read the game as well as he use to and his tackling is way off like alot of his balls.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:57 pm

The thing is with whitts is that he can be quiet all game but he's always capable of producin that 1 bit of magic that can change games.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:11 pm

like the 2 passes in the leeds game made both goals he needs to be the free man in a 5 man mid field cant be relied on to tackle has no balls for that but he can pick a pass if we can afford him in our team

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:13 pm

thats why i said sell him last season while he was scoring lots, people called me mad and stupid! he'll never have a season like that again

but he's too inconsistant, just turns up when he wants to, he's got so much ability but doesn't give a fook

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:32 pm

Even yesterday when he was supposed to be out wide he kept drifting inside so we had no width down the left in the second half. Can have passengers in this division.

The second goal against leeds? Bit of a long ball over the top after he had drifted inside, good ball regardless.

Burke on the other hand was back defending yesterday and started a move from the edge of our box and ended with him crossing from the edge of theirs. Should have started.