Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mark Reynolds

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:38 pm

I think Mark Reynolds from Motherwell, the centre-back was one of DJ's targets.
unfortunately he's signing for Sheffield Wednesday in the next few days apparently.
another opportunity missed unfortunately. c'mon city! :ayatollah:

Re: Mark Reynolds

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:40 pm

If we have been beaten to the punch by a league one team something isn't right.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:44 pm

if we tried to get him and didn't thats shocking. losing out to a league 1 club!
apparently they've bought him for a fee of no more than £100,000 as well which is a steal if he is as quality as some people up there say he is. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:52 pm

is he quality?If so why hasn't he signed for Newcastle.
on the plus side Paul Quinn has improved.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:32 am

i am gobsmacked a league one club have beaten us to reynolds!! what other defenders are on our wish list of? not many left now as they are all getting snapped up!!

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:51 am

Were Motherwell ever likely to do business wth us again?

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:53 am

bloobirds68 wrote:Were Motherwell ever likely to do business wth us again?

probably not unless we paid all the money up front.

their chairman is an absolute...... :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:55 am

I doubt if Reynolds was ever being targeted. I watch scottish football every week, and he's no better than what we've already got in my opinion. We haven't missed out on anything....

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:56 am

Deano1 wrote:I doubt if Reynolds was ever being targeted. I watch scottish football every week, and he's no better than what we've already got in my opinion. We haven't missed out on anything....

agree there deano.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:05 pm

Yeah, I agree. If he's signing for a League One team he can't be that good.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:27 pm

SPL football is equivalent of lower championship/league 1.

Hearts, Celtic and Rangers would do well in the championship. The rest would struggle.

Some good players are produced and Reynolds appears to be a good prospect but thats all he is at the moment. Also Motherwell would not be interested in doing a deal with us unless we pay upfront.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:17 pm

Sheffield Wednesday are a bigger club than us, and with Milan on board they appear to have the money up front. He's just one of about 6 signings Irvine wants to make this January, I think he's the third one now.