Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dream debuts then taking a dive

Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:30 am

I wasn't there yesterday but from what I hear John Parkin had a pretty good start to life in a Cardiff shirt. That got me thinking about others who started off like a dream and then slowly went down hill or completely nose dived. I can remember Dai Thomas debut against Shrewsbury and he scored a hat trick that was a good night! sadly he didn't live up to such a dream start with a lot of pressure on him. I think we should not do the typical Cardiff thing of put him so quickly upon a pedastool only to knock him down just as quick! Sure he's had a good start but he won't play well every game!

It also sounded that Hudson played pretty well the radio commentators were really bigging him up. I hope so as we really need our defence to start stepping up and growing some balls!!! Ok there was a late goal that the defence didn't clear but it's looking more and more likely that we aren't getting the millions spent on the squad that we thought so we all should really get behind them and stop criticising!

Re: Dream debuts then taking a dive

Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:15 am

Splottoman wrote:I wasn't there yesterday but from what I hear John Parkin had a pretty good start to life in a Cardiff shirt. That got me thinking about others who started off like a dream and then slowly went down hill or completely nose dived. I can remember Dai Thomas debut against Shrewsbury and he scored a hat trick that was a good night! sadly he didn't live up to such a dream start with a lot of pressure on him. I think we should not do the typical Cardiff thing of put him so quickly upon a pedastool only to knock him down just as quick! Sure he's had a good start but he won't play well every game!

It also sounded that Hudson played pretty well the radio commentators were really bigging him up. I hope so as we really need our defence to start stepping up and growing some balls!!! Ok there was a late goal that the defence didn't clear but it's looking more and more likely that we aren't getting the millions spent on the squad that we thought so we all should really get behind them and stop criticising!

lets wait and see with parkin,it is a deream start and long may it continue :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:18 am

Hope it does continue, not like Thompson. He scored two good goals on his debut.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:04 pm

andy campbell scored his 1 game. but would you moan if parkin scored the winner 2 gain us promtion :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:09 pm

Dai Thomas was shit, very good at Gwent County level though