Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO DAVE JONES

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:42 am

Cant you see our defence is shit? It cost us again yesterday, how many more times will it cost us??

NAYLOR - NOT GOOD ENOUGH
HUDSON - NOT GOOD ENOUGH
QUINN - NOT GOOD ENOUGH
BLAKE - CANT PLAY CENTRE BACK
The only defender we have got is Super Kev!

Now, use the time you have got to get two or three defenders in otherwise we will never go up!

I pay good money to come watch the bluebirds and which probaly pays your big wages, no shape up or ship out.

Re: FAO DAVE JONES

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:45 am

I was told Hudson had a very good game yesterday? The Norwich fans on 606 were raving about him :?:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:47 am

PhatFrog wrote:I was told Hudson had a very good game yesterday? The Norwich fans on 606 were raving about him :?:

He looked shit on the football league show. Lets be fair, he may have one good game now and again, but he is not good enough.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:53 am

My feeling is Dave Jones has pinned his colours to the mast. He has stuck by Hudson from day one and that wont change now. Similarily he seems to have belief in Naylor and has also stuck by him through a torrid time. I believe it will be one in and one out in the defence. i.e he will sell Gyepes and get a replacement in and he will live or die by that decision. Who we get in up front will largely depend on who we sell. As for a midfielder it is blatantly obvious we needa dog with an engine in midfield but does dave Jones realise that??? just over 2 weeksto find out

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:56 am

what i seen on the match thread and football league show he looked to have played very well AGAIN

people always knock him because he wasnt great last season but why not judge him on his performances not on his reputation from last year.

he looks a very good player when super kev plays next to him :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:04 pm

Blue_Lloyd wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:I was told Hudson had a very good game yesterday? The Norwich fans on 606 were raving about him :?:

He looked shit on the football league show. Lets be fair, he may have one good game now and again, but he is not good enough.

Lay off Hudson mate he is having a great season :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:07 pm

I felt Hudson and McNaughton did really well yesterday. However, Naylor and Quinn were lucky to escape in some places. Naylor's defensive work is still appalling and Quinn had a few erratic moments, including letting them get the cross in for the equaliser and that penalty which the referee somehow didn't give.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:11 pm

I was not at the game yesterday and I have a go at our defence all the time they have been poor this season and last season however our midfield are not controlling games like they did at the beginning of the season, what I have been told Norwich controlled the midfield yesterday plus our strikers missed a few chances but thats football.

I have slagged Hudson many times but I have seen an improvement lately and Kev does well with him my only concern is Naylor but Jones likes him so he the manager we have to just support him and hope he improves

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:44 pm

hudson was superb yesterday, put his body on the line, chucked himself about everywhere and won nearly every header. im not a fan of his, but i'll give him credit when he plays well. i think hes played really well recently and looks like hes settling in.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:49 pm

I think everyone is far too harsh on Hudson, he has had a good season so far. I think he could have done more to cut out the cross for the equaliser yesterday but quite simply it was a great cross. Naylor narrowed down the angle but the guy finished it perfectly, not much they could do about that

I'l agree with Quinn, he is shit. If we have to play Whittingham we need someone awesome next to him so that they dont get exposed, Quinn or Naylor both get overworked when Whittingham is on the same flank. We should play McNaughton behind him so that we arent too weak in that area. Putting him in the middle just means whoever is alongside him has to do the work of two, no wonder Ollie was knackered against leeds!

Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:06 pm

Your defence played well yesterday. When you're under that much pressure conceding is almost inevitable.

Your midfield on the other hand were dreadful.

Your manager didn't help, he clearly should had replaced one of the forwards with a central midfielder at some point during the second half but unfortunately (for you) he is an idiot.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:25 pm

SwanseaCityFAN wrote:Your defence played well yesterday. When you're under that much pressure conceding is almost inevitable.

Your midfield on the other hand were dreadful.

Your manager didn't help, he clearly should had replaced one of the forwards with a central midfielder at some point during the second half but unfortunately (for you) he is an idiot.

Sad to say you are spot on.

Our 'enforcing' midfielder doesnt want to slide tackle, put his shoulder in, or even get goal side. The other 3 are princesses, who look great when they have time and space, but give it away too often when they are under pressure.

Our defence was under the cosh for 85 minutes yesterday, and despite their limitations they did well.

As for the criticism of Hudson, I can't beleive there are still some who can't see how well he's playing for us. I really feel we've got a section of fans who havent got a clue.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:13 pm

Hate to say I'm about to agree with a jack. For me Hudson has been our best player this season and that tells the story of our season so far. All the attacking talent in the world is not much use if the midfield doesn't protect the defence by keeping hold of the ball.