Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hats off to Hudson

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:28 pm

Last season Huds was abysmal, in some games he didnt even look like a professional footballer. Last summer I would have been quite happy to get rid of him and recoup whatever money that we could. Whilst he started this season as the boo boys favourite victim hes actually been one of our best players. Ive lost count of the amount of important blocks he has made, his distribution has been good and hes winning more balls in the air. Hats off to him, hes really standing up to be counted and he actually seems a good bloke as well!

Re: Hats off to Hudson

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:38 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Last season Huds was abysmal, in some games he didnt even look like a professional footballer. Last summer I would have been quite happy to get rid of him and recoup whatever money that we could. Whilst he started this season as the boo boys favourite victim hes actually been one of our best players. Ive lost count of the amount of important blocks he has made, his distribution has been good and hes winning more balls in the air. Hats off to him, hes really standing up to be counted and he actually seems a good bloke as well!

Totally agree. I think this season he has been our most consistent performer.

We just need to get him a consistent partner in the centre of defence, either Kev and sign a full back or a new centre back.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:40 pm

I have to say that he has improved this season he may be lacking in pace but he is putting his body on the line. He has been superb in the last few games, Stoke & Norwich away and recent home games. He just gets on with it could do with a few more goals starting with the winner at the Jacks on Feb 6th!! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:17 pm

I dont think Hudson was ever as bad as a lot of people made out but there was no hiding from the fact he kept making silly mistakes. This season other than a few crazy moments he has performed well, he is willing to put his body on the line which I like.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:20 pm

I think the main problem with huds was his price tag if we paid half of what we did for him then i dont think as many people would moan about him. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:25 pm

IMO where Hudson is concerned, he needs a good CB to play along side him - hope we sign one soon!!

Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:28 pm

Cliff Jones wrote:IMO where Hudson is concerned, he needs a good CB to play along side him - hope we sign one soon!!

ive said that from the start, if he has confidence in his partner he seems to be a lot better