Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

f.a.o sparkies.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:25 pm

im doin my part p and 17th edition now and doin my c&G 2391 soon just wondering what the best way to get a job as an electricians mate so i can get more experience before i am able to do the work myself. any of you take on mates or know of any companies i can contact?

Re: f.a.o sparkies.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:29 pm

im in the same boat as you. its gunna be a struggle

Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:39 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:im in the same boat as you. its gunna be a struggle

start a buissness together ?

Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:54 pm

Did the same courses with Access Training last year. It is a struggle so be prepared to ring and write around to get a break. I advertised in the local papers for a position wanted as a sparks mate, also on gumtree and rang around all the local contractors looking for a trial.
Paid off in the end, got work as a pv installer, installing solar installations.
Good luck with the courses and getting a break.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Bud electrical based in cardiff try them.Good luck :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:21 pm

Send out as many CV's as you can to local companies asking them for a trail run, and while you're on your trail run you'd be prepared to work for free.

Might seem a mad thing to do, but you'll stand out from all the others sending their CV's.

Now isn't a good time the get a job in the electrical game. Good luck in finding a job.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:30 pm

a horse with no name wrote:im doin my part p and 17th edition now and doin my c&G 2391 soon just wondering what the best way to get a job as an electricians mate so i can get more experience before i am able to do the work myself. any of you take on mates or know of any companies i can contact?

im a sparky,mate c.v. is good for small companies but bigger outfits work on word of mouth,you need to be recommended,try C.M.B.E.(not STEVE BORLEY),they have just started the sherman theater and may use you as a mate,whitehead electrical have a big job over the bay.good luck.it is shit out there and i know many boys struggling to find work.if you ring C.M.B.E you can say kevin brown told you it was worth ringing them(kevin brown is me) :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:00 pm

bump. still looking for work.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:07 pm

Give this number a ring 07931523232 lads name is Gareth, based in Nelson, tell him you know me and i said it may be worthy a call, Big Gwyn Trelewis/

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:49 pm

a horse with no name wrote:bump. still looking for work.

do a c.s.c.s(safety course)course,if you havent got this you cant get on a building site :ayatollah: