Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " ' Young Guns ' Meeting 20/01/11 "

Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:06 am

Eddie May wrote:Since62

Carl

Not trying to be difficult because I think the initiative is a fine one worthy of support.

But is the attached leaflet a draft or the final version? Because it says "Young Gun`s" not "Young Guns" - who checked the spelling? Something to look out for on any future printed matter?

Keith
since62

very very petty,why not support it first before condeming,Carl, you will have my £12 in the ninianpark pub tomorrow, fantastic initiative by this forum :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He wasn't condemning itm Eddie.

He said it was a very good initiative which it is.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:08 am

my bro and his mate are one of the people collecting money via the buckets tomorrow.

I can't do it sadly as I play football on saturdays. Gutted.

Good luck anyway.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:54 am

Great name!!

Which reminds me.....

Where's my prize!
:lol:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:55 am

THE DON wrote:Great name!!

Which reminds me.....

Where's my prize!

PM Me your Address and I will post you a book out of your choice :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:
THE DON wrote:Great name!!

Which reminds me.....

Where's my prize!

PM Me your Address and I will post you a book out of your choice :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thank you very much! :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:14 am

It may have been your suggestion, but where did you put the apostrophe, we are trying to find the culprit who will then be banished to an English Grammar finishing school. :lol:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:19 am

BigGwynram wrote:I have suggested one of those thermometer thingys, and as you go up the graduations it can be linked to targets, such as training bibs and balls, goalposts and nets, a mini bus, etc etc depending on what Scott can identify needs help. :idea:

That idea always worked on Blue Peter ;)

I really can't believe that such a great idea has got slated over where to place an apostrophe sign, but as they say jealousy comes in all forms :roll: .

Listen lads you boys working at the heart of Young's Guns/Young Gun's or Gun's Youngs (take your pick I also liked the film :lol: ) are doing a great job and congratulations on your very productive meeting with the Chief Executive.

Hopefully this is just the start as you have proved yourself by not just talking the talk, but by walking the walk. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Last edited by Tony Blue Williams on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:19 am

Newblue wrote:My proof reader picked this up prior to going to print. Don't worry Carl I'm shit at spelling aslo :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: .

Well done Carl.

Lyndon, THANKS YOUVE SAVED US FROM BEING MAULED :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:20 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:I have suggested one of those thermometer thingys, and as you go up the graduations it can be linked to targets, such as training bibs and balls, goalposts and nets, a mini bus, etc etc depending on what Scott can identify needs help. :idea:

That idea always worked on Blue Peter ;)

I really can't believe that such a great idea has got slated over where to place an apostrophe sign, but as they say jealousy comes in all forms :roll: .

Listen lads you boys working at the heart of Young's Guns/Young Gun's or Gun's Youngs (take your pick I also liked the film :lol: ) are doing a great job and congratulations on your very productive meeting with the Chief Executive.

Hopefully this is just the start as you have proved yourself's by not just talking the talk, but by walking the walk. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

CHEERS Tony :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:22 am

Carl

Not trying to be difficult because I think the initiative is a fine one worthy of support.

But is the attached leaflet a draft or the final version? Because it says "Young Gun`s" not "Young Guns" - who checked the spelling? Something to look out for on any future printed matter?

Keith
since62

Keith a pm or phone call would of prob been nice of you to Carl ;)

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:28 am

The new amended leaflet is in the first post.

No grammatical errors :D

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33684 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:34 am

Hope the spelling will be correct on the money that we will be giving to the youth development cause.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:35 am

ridofrid wrote:Hope the spelling will be correct on the money that we will be giving to the youth development cause.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33684 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:36 am

Come on Curtis, buck up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:37 am

carlccfc wrote:
since62 wrote:Carl

Keith

Keith, I thought about this and the reason is that Arsenal call their academy kids "Young Guns" So when we decided on the title because of Scott Young, I changed it slightly to suit.

OK .Its just everywhere else , including in your post title , it says "Young Guns" and the apostrophe just doesn`t make sense in the leaflet.[/quote]
Keith it is about raising funds not English lesson's :lol:[/quote]

Carl,

It's a fabulous initiative (and I would have signed up if Lloyds' website would let me) but I'm with Keith, the leaflet should be grammatically correct mate. Hopefully thousands of people are going to read it so it should be professional.

The Young's Guns idea is great but then it ties in Scott young (I hope he stays forever obviously). Young Gunz or maybe a completely different name such as Fledgling Bluebirds that ties it into the club a bit more.

Great effort by all involved, Keep it up!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:40 am

Howey1927 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
since62 wrote:Carl

Keith

Keith, I thought about this and the reason is that Arsenal call their academy kids "Young Guns" So when we decided on the title because of Scott Young, I changed it slightly to suit.

OK .Its just everywhere else , including in your post title , it says "Young Guns" and the apostrophe just doesn`t make sense in the leaflet.

Keith it is about rais
ing funds not English lesson's :lol:[/quote]

Carl,

It's a fabulous initiative (and I would have signed up if Lloyds' website would let me) but I'm with Keith, the leaflet should be grammatically correct mate. Hopefully thousands of people are going to read it so it should be professional.

The Young's Guns idea is great but then it ties in Scott young (I hope he stays forever obviously). Young Gunz or maybe a completely different name such as Fledgling Bluebirds that ties it into the club a bit more.

Great effort by all involved, Keep it up!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Keith could of pm or phoned Carl ;) ;)

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:42 am

But Thankfully to Our Printer NEWBLUE Lyndon, He had already noticed this small mistake, Cheers Lyndon :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:16 pm

Oh thank god or I could imagine thousands refusing to join up if the noticed that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carl

Keith
since62

Annis

I can't believe some of the posts that have been on here about this.

Perhaps on reflection a PM or phone call would have been better, but Keith did make it plain that he though it was a fine initiative ( so do I incidentally) but comments about it being very petty and that it is slating the intitiative or showing jealousy are quite plainly wide of the mark.

I don't know Keith personally but having read his posts on CCMB and here over the years I don't he makes petty posts or unecessariolyb slates other posters

Regards

Elwood

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:Carl

Keith
since62

Didn`t even think of a call to be honest because (despite what some on here seem to think) I was actually trying to be constructive by pointing out the error in the electronic version and save you having to reprint lots of leaflets.Had no idea who had done the draft so getting the post on here seemed the best way of getting the message across quickest before it went to print.

Keith