Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: RIGHT THEN . . . . . LET'S HEAR IT

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:01 pm

good players dont necessarily make a good team .If we can take 4 points from the next 2 games I may begin to believe but i have serious doubts about our MGR

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:08 pm

Carl he cant fail with the team he has i think i would take us up. :lol:

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:10 pm

birchblue wrote:Carl he cant fail with the team he has i think i would take us up. :lol:

:lol:
Jason
My Husky Dog would with this Squad :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
birchblue wrote:Carl he cant fail with the team he has i think i would take us up. :lol:

:lol:
Jason
My Husky Dog would with this Squad mush :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:D :D :D

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:13 pm

I have faith :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:19 pm

carlccfc wrote:For those who have disagreed with me on here and on the forum coaches I still believe that DJ will take us up, are you believing it too or do you think otherwise ?
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fully believe he will even without the recent signings but they sure help :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:50 pm

carlccfc wrote:For those who have disagreed with me on here and on the forum coaches I still believe that DJ will take us up, are you believing it too or do you think otherwise ?

otherwise. sorry carl :twisted: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:16 am

Reality check! We were all saying how we would walk the league at the start of the season, it hasn't happened. Now we are all saying we cannot fail with promotion, but to be honest, I don't think it will happen. Why? Because we still haven't improved our defense! This Keinan may be a good signing, but it's only one centre back we have brought in, we are still very weak at the back and will continue to concede sloppy goals, this will cost us, we cannot continue to outscore teams!

Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:20 am

We have the squad to do it without a doubt. Jones can definatly attract the right players, all he needs to do now is manage the team he has... even despite this I still think we will do it :shock:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:21 am

I don't and won't believe. I look forward to being corrected.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:29 am

im feeling a lot more confident over the last 3 days

Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:16 am

on paper yes but i don't think automatic maybe playoff position ??? dj not got the bottle or ambition :?:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:39 am

DJ has done the business off the pitch now and strengthened the squad massively. :ayatollah:

Now the players have to believe we are better than our current form today, and pick up a massive win against the country's most inform team.

I'm not saying anything until April (hopefully be promoted early :ayatollah: ) but I'm 100% behind Jones.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:39 am

Agree with most everyone.

At the beginning of the season I thought the squad we had was good enough to win the league, especially after we signed Bellamy. Back then I said there's nowhere to hide for Jones.

He asked for five players in the off season, he got five players. I believe the board are backing him and trying to GUARANTEE PROMOTION. As much as you can, at least.

So it's shit or bust for Jones. Even he should do it, but he drastically needs to develop a different approach for when plan A isn't working. Now he has the players for a plan B,C, and Z if he wants it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:48 am

The squad is certainly good enough. It all depends how quickly the new players gel into the squad. Prioviding we dont get too many injuries and suspensions and providing the team are willing to dog out some results and play for each other (no more splitrs in the camp) because thats what its going to take, then yes we can do it. I would like just one more signing a nasty baztud in midfield, oh and keep Ramsey for the remainder of the season, wishfull thinking I know :lol:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:51 am

Its no good having a quality squad unless you know what to do with it.

From what I have seen over the last 2 months DJ is not capable of producing a team to play a plan B. He has a squad to play such a game, proved by the Coventry home match, but fails to get the consistancy there.

DJ is more comfortable with the direct route which we all know about, hence why he has brought in Parkin. Excluding Rambo I feel all the other new guys have been brought in to enhance this. My fear is that the other teams will work on killing our supply line for the big guys up front. The Jacks did this and look how the game outpanned there. The Jacks were nothing special but made us look bad, then again you could argue we helped them by team tactics such as leaving Burke out, playing Chops on the wing and only playing one up front. If we play this direct route against the Jacks properly I am confident we will overturn them. Thing is its alot of ifs that need answering.

I'm going to wait until we have played Forest to tell you if DJ will take us up. However if I was forced to give an answer like now it would be a resounding NO.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:08 am

I STILL HAVE NO TRUST IN HIM, I THINK HE IS USELESS

just hope i am wrong, you never know he might well get sacked yet as we HAVE to win games with all these signings now :D :D if we dont he will be GONE

capitols borrowed off ANNIS :lol:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:47 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:I STILL HAVE NO TRUST IN HIM, I THINK HE IS USELESS

just hope i am wrong, you never know he might well get sacked yet as we HAVE to win games with all these signings now :D :D if we dont he will be GONE

capitols borrowed off ANNIS :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:54 am

Count me in!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:03 am

I do think that he has done a remarkable job in attracting some very good players to the club during this transfer window and it would be wrong not to acknowledge the fantastic support he has received from VT & TG. But having said all of that he still has to gel these players into a team and that's where I still have reservations.

For me a lot of these questions will be answered in 2 weeks when we play at the council house, is he going to play the game down AGAIN, or is he going to send our hugely talented squad down there to express themselves, to use their talents to win the game and in doing so rip a few new arseholes into these jack peg selling upstarts.

Or will he come up with another special tactical formation like Gavin Rae in goal or something, these are the decisions which will ultimately seal our fate.

I really think we will go up this season and in the automatic places but WHEN we do I will not be genoflecting at the alter of Saint DJ as IMO he has almost messed it up already. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:19 am

Carl, it is a bit of an unfair question. With this squad of players, my granny would take us up!
On the Jones bit, you know as well as I do Carl, DJ did not bring Rambo in!!! :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:47 am

annis what about a truce? you sing davey jones barmy army and get the ninian stand rocking and he gets us promoted

deal?

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:48 am

This is our year !! . Well up for todays game and hapy with our transer market activity in Jan even though couple are loans.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:49 am

Dont take anything for granted look at last season and i feel that a lot are this season as well. Its up to the players now to perform on the pitch! :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:27 am

Jones is the master of disaster. I've never waivered in my thoughts about him, that is he should have gone a while back. I'll believe it when I see it. If he get's us up my opinion on him, his tactical ability etc won't change.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:41 am

portsidejack wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:AMAZING SQUAD, WITHOUT DOUBT THE BEST OUTSIDE THE PREMIER, PROB WOULD SURVIVE IN THE PREM :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But NOW Dave Jones has to show he Finally Can Do it, No Blaming the Media/Mb's/Supporters/Singling out one player/Use Plan B for once, SO COME ON JONES Just get on with the Job and WIN THIS DIVISION FOR f**k SAKE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I Will Tell you Come May 2011 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

DAVE JONES CAN NOT FAIL WITH THIS SQUAD " ONWARDS and UPWARDS " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I would agree with you on paper that you have the strongest looking squad, but that means nothing in this league.
the biggest reason is that every other team wants to beat you fact.
but it still doesn't guarantee success with all the so called super stars that you lot think that you have at present,
but don't worry we will show you what team spirit is all about on the 6Th.so we will agree to disagree that's football for you. :D

I still think QPR have a better squad.

Leicester, Forest, Burnlay, Middlesborough all have squads as good as ours IMHO.

Given the system you play with 1 up front you lot are OK too and i think its between QPR, Cardiff, Norwich, Swansea,Burnley, Watford and Forest for he top 2 now.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:20 pm

I'm on YOUR wavelength as usual, Carl

WE ARE GOING UP, SING WE ARE GOING UP....!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:24 pm

I've said all along that I think this season has to be his final chance to get it right. I believe he is capable of getting it right.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:46 pm

I believe! Come DJ!!

Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:46 pm

carl,i hope im wrong and you are right :ayatollah: :ayatollah: