Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" SADLY THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF TICKETS "

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:59 am

" SADLY THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF TICKETS "

Left for TODAYS GAME WITH WATFORD (The Home Support for the Stoke game Was shocking).

COME ON CITY FANS, I THOUGHT WE WERE NOT GLORY HUNTING FANS, YOU CAN PAY ON THE DAY.

Funny when We played Leeds Home, I had over 30 texts asking for tickets, Stoke/Watford home NOT ONE lol.

" COME ON YOU MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " SADLY THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF TICKETS "

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:02 am

Makes you wonder if we really are a big club.

Can understand the lowish crowd for Stoke but we should be selling out as we march towards the prem league.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:02 am

Still probably be 20000+ which a few years back we could have only dreamed off :ayatollah:
4-1 cardiff!!

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:04 am

It's shocking it's a shame that people only want to turn up do the big fixtures thing is every game in this league is a big fixture every point counts in our promotion push

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:07 am

Casual wrote:Still probably be 20000+ which a few years back we could have only dreamed off :ayatollah:
4-1 cardiff!!

Yes, But even then an Average of 2,500 Season Ticket holders never turn up every game, We are so close to the Premiership. Look at little Norwich City and their Fans. I wont mention Leeds that will shame us.

WE SHOULD GET FULL HOUSES NOW FOR EVERY LEAGUE GAME :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:12 am

you know what to do when these so called suporters text you asking for tickets tell them to f..ck off its as simple as that then they will not bother asking you again

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:15 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Casual wrote:Still probably be 20000+ which a few years back we could have only dreamed off :ayatollah:
4-1 cardiff!!

Yes, But even then an Average of 2,500 Season Ticket holders never turn up every game, We are so close to the Premiership. Look at little Norwich City and their Fans. I wont mention Leeds that will shame us.

WE SHOULD GET FULL HOUSES NOW FOR EVERY LEAGUE GAME :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

these season ticket holders who are not turning up we all know why they bought them they are the plastic man ure and lpool fans hoping to see their team next year the club know who they are do something about them :evil:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:15 am

therealjimmyscoular wrote:you know what to do when these so called suporters text you asking for tickets tell them to f..ck off its as simple as that then they will not bother asking you again

I totally ignored every text before the Leeds game, years ago I would go out of my way, BUT NO MORE.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:16 am

LETS HOPE FOR A GOOD WALK UP CROWD :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:16 am

Can't believe that this game will not be a sell out giving both our positions and with it being a "must win" if we have any thoughts of going up automatically.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:19 am

Forever Blue wrote:
4-1 cardiff!!

Thats worrying 2,500 season ticket holders not turning up. Why on earth would someone buy a season ticket then only turn up for a couple of big games a season, cant understand it myself :o :( :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:20 am

The club need to be more active on the marketing side. Sitting back and waiting for people to turn up is not marketing. Need to encourage the next generation of fan base.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:21 am

i think we are a big club. we do have our glory hunters like every other club. we could definately have 30,000 + depending on who we play or even more than that. our support has been consistant....over 21,000 every game. but watford is a big game and to hear that we have lots of tickets still evailable is a disgrace especially with the new signings. im glad they dont turn up tbh...leave the true supporters in the ground to support the boys!! :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:26 am

Annis, I fancy there will be a good walk up. As for norwich good crowds but there f**k all else to watch/do over there.

Anyway, I smell loads of goals today, 3-2, 3-3, 4-3

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:29 am

gate will rise by loads i guess alot of people who play park footbll arewaiting to see if the games are on or not

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:42 am

I won't be there. Working :(

Hate it when I have to work a saturday and people with City tops walk past my shop. Its almost like they're rubbing it in! :lol:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:46 am

BEEP AHM wrote:Annis, I fancy there will be a good walk up. As for norwich good crowds but there f**k all else to watch/do over there.

Anyway, I smell loads of goals today, 3-2, 3-3, 4-3

I am really hoping for a Good Walk up :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:47 am

hopefully a good walk up crowd with the park games being off today :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:47 am

PhatFrog wrote:I won't be there. Working :(

Hate it when I have to work a saturday and people with City tops walk past my shop. Its almost like they're rubbing it in! :lol:

Dont Worry Hannah, Your Loyalty on Away games and Night home games is well observed :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:11 am

Forever Blue wrote:....... I wont mention Leeds that will shame us ........

No shame there Leeds are totally out of our league, metaphorically speaking. You are talking about a club with a MASSIVE history, main stream films made about their managers and a catchment area that includes Wakefield which has no league team but a population. Big as Cardiff and that is BEFORE you take into account Leeds itself which is a one team city with a massive population.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:17 am

All this hand-wringing about ST holders not turning up !!!! All clubs with large numbers of ST's have the same 'problem'. Birmingham had 23k the other week for a televised game, yet I doubt there were 18k there.

These are people who have committed financially to the club for a whole season, in advance. They may well have only intended to go to 16-18 games anyway, but the club has the dosh.

My lad misses 50% of the games due to scheduling. He ain't a 'plastic'.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:23 am

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:All this hand-wringing about ST holders not turning up !!!! All clubs with large numbers of ST's have the same 'problem'. Birmingham had 23k the other week for a televised game, yet I doubt there were 18k there.

These are people who have committed financially to the club for a whole season, in advance. They may well have only intended to go to 16-18 games anyway, but the club has the dosh.

Where is plastic mentioned by Me ?

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:28 am

Forever Blue wrote:" SADLY THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF TICKETS "

Left for TODAYS GAME WITH WATFORD (The Home Support for the Stoke game Was shocking).

COME ON CITY FANS, I THOUGHT WE WERE NOT GLORY HUNTING FANS, YOU CAN PAY ON THE DAY.

Funny when We played Leeds Home, I had over 30 texts asking for tickets, Stoke/Watford home NOT ONE lol.

" COME ON YOU MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

"I'll be there.............I'll be there...........with my little pick n shovel I'll be there!!!"

Haven't missed a home game in the CCS not gunna start today! Really buzzing for today. Bad run(seemingly!) behind us, the boost of some great signings(-really excited about JET!) and Carl promising Bothroyd playing. Can't wait!

Must get a couple of thousand 'walk ups' today surely?

COME ON CITY!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:33 am

Season Tickets in the Ninian Stand cost either £379 or £329 depending on whether you are sat in the wet zone or not. That works out to an average of either £14.50 or £16.50 per game.

The walk up price is £28 (I think) which works out to £644 if bought on an individual basis. Therefore a season ticket holder can afford to miss at least 10 games in a season and still find it cheaper to buy a season ticket.

Working patterns have changed such a lot over the past 30 years and now far more people work on a weekend, so it is not surprising that there is a large pool of supporters who have season tickets but can't attend every game, but still find it financially viable to buy one.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:17 am

We can be as big as Leeds with the South Wales catchment area.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:19 am

Welshpaul wrote:We can be as big as Leeds with the South Wales catchment area.

Totally agree Paul :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:All this hand-wringing about ST holders not turning up !!!! All clubs with large numbers of ST's have the same 'problem'. Birmingham had 23k the other week for a televised game, yet I doubt there were 18k there.

Where is plastic mentioned by Me ?

Beddau Blue

Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:34 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Season Tickets in the Ninian Stand cost either £379 or £329 depending on whether you are sat in the wet zone or not. That works out to an average of either £14.50 or £16.50 per game.

The walk up price is £28 (I think) which works out to £644 if bought on an individual basis. Therefore a season ticket holder can afford to miss at least 10 games in a season and still find it cheaper to buy a season ticket.

Working patterns have changed such a lot over the past 30 years and now far more people work on a weekend, so it is not surprising that there is a large pool of supporters who have season tickets but can't attend every game, but still find it financially viable to buy one.

Its going to happen. I doubt my kids watch more than 2/3 of the games, most of the time I give/sell the tickets on. Don't know why others don't do the same, loads of kids want to watch us these days.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Welshpaul wrote:We can be as big as Leeds with the South Wales catchment area.

Totally agree Paul :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Absolutely no chance whatsoever. We will never see a few 40k crowds in a season ever again at the City even with the stadium expanded. We will be a 35k at best club.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:41 pm

I've got to agree with this.
This year I am missing pretty much all midweek games because I physically cannot get to Cardiff in time.