Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City's Future " YOUNG GUNS " MEETING 20/01/2011

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:30 am

On behalf of the forum and those who participate in the fund-raising for the development centres, a few of us met with club officials last night which included Gethin Jenkins and Scott Young.

On arriving at the stadium and meeting in reception it was very apt that I got speaking to families who were at the club to talk with our academy staff regarding their children signing up for our academy, I got speaking to 2 families who had travelled from the Bristol area and their impression was that City were the right club for their children to attend.

The meeting took place in a suite on level 2 in the stadium and got underway at 6pm. I must say that it was a relaxed and cordial meeting.

Via Gwyn, Annis, Clive and myself, we spoke of our plans and objectives for the fund-raising and how together with the club we could move forward and help the grass roots football of our club.

We are pleased that we have the full support of the staff and that there were many ideas brought to the table to help the fund.

There will be a full page advert in the match programme against Reading on February 1st.

The leaflets will be sent out in the same envelope as the season tickets.

There will be a bucket collection at an upcoming home game.

These are ideas and suggestions that were presented and agreed on last night.

There will be events taking place that we all can attend that will include Ex-City players.

The meeting was productive from our point of view and I believe I would not be wrong in saying that the staff of the club thought so too.

On Saturday, before the Watford game, there will be leaflets distributed to make fans aware of the initiative.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City's Future " YOUNG GUNS " MEETING 20/01/2011

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:45 pm

Excellent day today collecting for the development fund outside the Ninian pub. Plenty of volunteers helping out.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Newblue wrote:Excellent day today collecting for the development fund outside the Ninian pub. Plenty of volunteers helping out.

Thanks Lyndon for All the leaflets and Membership Cards :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Also Thanks to everyone who helped today :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:19 am

It was wonderful to see everyone taking turns to help this cause.
There was a party atmosphere,thanks to everyone and lets keep this rolling.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:29 am

Great stuff, I thought we raised quite a bit of money yesterday, really good effort.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:16 pm

Just to throw an idea at you lads. Why don't you see if the club would allow The Young Guns on the pitch at half time to have a kick about, the crowd could get to see the youngsters. We could also have Ali pluging the The Young Guns and how to donate over the tannoy with the details on the big screen. I think this would be good because it shows the kids off to the people we are aiming at to donate and it gets the kids watching Cardiff at a young age, so hopefully geting them to support Cardiff for the rest of their lives :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:00 pm

ackers1927 wrote:Just to throw an idea at you lads. Why don't you see if the club would allow The Young Guns on the pitch at half time to have a kick about, the crowd could get to see the youngsters. We could also have Ali pluging the The Young Guns and how to donate over the tannoy with the details on the big screen. I think this would be good because it shows the kids off to the people we are aiming at to donate and it gets the kids watching Cardiff at a young age, so hopefully geting them to support Cardiff for the rest of their lives :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Ackers, I will telly you what we've got planned in the Ninian Pub Next home game, Something Similar :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:27 pm

Here goes my first post......

My son is currently in an ADC centre, as a parent i would like to say that his current coach he has down there is absolutely brilliant...he looks forward to going training every week, BUT I feel that our Young guns need more training maybe twice a week from our coaches to bring them up to the standard of our current academy.. as the academy train 2 or 3 times a week and our ADC only train once a week, any thoughts ?

It's his bithday today so we booked him as mascot for the reading game and he cant wait...

:ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:09 pm

wally26 wrote:Here goes my first post......

My son is currently in an ADC centre, as a parent i would like to say that his current coach he has down there is absolutely brilliant...he looks forward to going training every week, BUT I feel that our Young guns need more training maybe twice a week from our coaches to bring them up to the standard of our current academy.. as the academy train 2 or 3 times a week and our ADC only train once a week, any thoughts ?

It's his bithday today so we booked him as mascot for the reading game and he cant wait...

:ayatollah:

Welcome Wally to the board, as you have seen the coaches put in tremendous effort and are brilliant with the kids, as for extra more training the biggest problem I think they may face is the possibilty of getting more pitch time, as more than often training pitches are difficult to get because so many teams use the facilities in their area. But we will certainly raise your question.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:02 am

carl thanks for the welcome.. :ayatollah:

hello workie

sorry mate I don't want to show what centre he goes to...but all i can say is that he has a great trainer and really gets the best out of them, sorry I dont want to pass any comment on any other centre but all i can say is tell him to stick at it because he must be a decent player to be picked up by one of our scouts.

take him back.......we need youth !!!!!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:39 pm

THANKS EVERYONE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: