Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones Proving Annis wrong

Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:55 pm

Another 3 points and some good signings.

Re: Dave Jones Proving Annis wrong

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:01 pm

Wouldn't say that, Steve.

Great 30 minutes, still picked liability Naylor. After that we were under the cosh the rest of the game, massively overrun in midfield. Jones yet again unable the adapt after opponents change.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:04 pm

nerd wrote:Wouldn't say that, Steve.

Great 30 minutes, still picked liability Naylor. After that we were under the cosh the rest of the game, massively overrun in midfield. Jones yet again unable the adapt after opponents change.

Did we not win? If u lot blame DJ when we lose at least have the decency to applaud him when we win

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:05 pm

im not going to get him to bite when your sensible nerd :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Truth is saved by the woodwork, otherwise Watford would have gone on to win.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Spot on, Jones got lucky.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:07 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:

Did we not win? If u lot blame DJ when we lose at least have the decency to applaud him when we win

Good grief...

We were in the game for 30 minutes.

Rest of game, swamped by Watford. Don't let 3 points blind you to the action on the pitch.

Again, an opposition manager changed things, changed tactics, got tempo raised.

We won thanks to Gyepes goal, against the run of play, and a fantastic rearguard performance led by Hudson. Great result given Watford one of the form sides, but if the lack of a midfield in the second half didn't worry you...

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:08 pm

I love it, when we lose its Jones fault and when we win we are lucky :lol:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:09 pm

And if Watford had finished off a couple of shocking back passes, as they should have done, ot could have been an embarrassment.

Was their ruled out goal off-side?

Mind you we had a nailed on penalty for handball turned down.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:11 pm

I thought we just switched off and stopped playing after 30 mins rather than any tactical changes. We weren't giving them space in the middle in the first 30, as soon as we went 3-0 up we stopped closing down, our wingers stopped tracking back and we got overrun.

I'd put the blame for that at the players door rather than the manager, although we're still crying out for a leader in the middle of the park imo. It's too quiet in there with whichever combo of Whitts/Oli/Drinkwater/McPhail are playing, either Whitts or Oli should have been demanding the wide players keep tracking back and the midfield press as a unit after we'd scored our third rather than switching off and letting them back in it.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:15 pm

are you lot f*cking serious. We are Cardiff, not f*cking real madrid, barcelona, chelsea or even f*cking spurs. for f**k sake get a grip....we won against the in form team of the country :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:27 pm

valleycasual wrote:are you lot f*cking serious. We are Cardiff, not f*cking real madrid, barcelona, chelsea or even f*cking spurs. for f**k sake get a grip....we won against the in form team of the country :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Nuff said! :ayatollah:

"Hail Hudson!"

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:29 pm

Daya wrote:Another 3 points and some good signings.

I am no great fan of DJ but I have to say I am massively impressed with the signings he is making during this transfer window. I have been worried about the club not having a football man on the board but I fairness with the work DJ & GJ have done this season there is no problem.

Of todays game I think it was the players switching off which caused our problems today and Tom Heaton slipping for their second was just one of those things. But make no mistake we played the form team in the championship and joint top scorers and beat them, just the same as we beat another form team and joint top scorers Leeds in our last home game.

Also these last 3 games have been huge all against teams around us and we have taken 7 from 9 points that tells me the bluebirds are back and I think we are just going to go from strength to strength.

Well done everyone today good performance and great result. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:31 pm

We were lucky cos if they had scored there chances they would have won.... If we had scored our chances it would have been 10 f*cking 2..... People really annoy me saying jonesy didnt change tactics to counter watford! He did against the jacks and he got f*cking slated for it! U all kept saying why change it when we are winning with it !

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:36 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:We were lucky cos if they had scored there chances they would have won.... If we had scored our chances it would have been 10 f*cking 2..... People really annoy me saying jonesy didnt change tactics to counter watford! He did against the jacks and he got f*cking slated for it! U all kept saying why change it when we are winning with it !

Missing the point.

Watford were dominating, overrunning in midfield. DJ didn't change a single thing DURING THE GAME to address that, instead hoping we'd hit them on the break...

It's like a boxer thinking "hmm, I've won first five rounds, I'll just stand there and let the other guy hit me, hoping he won't knock me out..."

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:39 pm

The width of the post and no defenders!
3-0 up after 30 mins and they were still in the game til the 86th?????

Lucky lucky Jones

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:41 pm

We had 9 shots on target - mostly first half - 3 off. Watford had 7 on target, 3 off. Hardly a 10-2 result...

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:42 pm

IM sure Annis would be more than happy to be proved wrong, I my self have always thought Dave would get us up,But even I had to question some of his team selection and when we went on that very bad run I my self lost faith in him.
We still have a long way to go, lets just back him and the team and pray this is our year. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:05 pm

Today"s game was a cracking game, so lets give Dave Jones a lot of credit for the squad that he has assembled, and the way his/our team, tries to play football, we all can say that Watford did this and Watford did that and should have done this,and that, but did not , that's football, and in football the result is everything, and after the beaten we took at their place,its good to win and to win is good.Watford has just won their last 7 games on the trot and were full of confidence and YES we BEAT them despite all their good football, WE BEAT THEM, and won 3 points. The rest as they say is history :D :D :D :D :D :D

Davey Jones barmey army

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:07 pm

Yeah ur right, the players switching off is DJ's fault......come to think of it, where was DJ when jfk was shot, hasn't VAT risen to 20% this month....f*cking DJ again! I paid 134.9p a litre for diesel earlier....Jonesy!! U b*stard!!!! i know it was you!

Some people!!

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:11 pm

nerd wrote:
IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:We were lucky cos if they had scored there chances they would have won.... If we had scored our chances it would have been 10 f*cking 2..... People really annoy me saying jonesy didnt change tactics to counter watford! He did against the jacks and he got f*cking slated for it! U all kept saying why change it when we are winning with it !

Missing the point.

Watford were dominating, overrunning in midfield. DJ didn't change a single thing DURING THE GAME to address that, instead hoping we'd hit them on the break...

It's like a boxer thinking "hmm, I've won first five rounds, I'll just stand there and let the other guy hit me, hoping he won't knock me out..."

I don't think that Jones missed anything, he and his team have just beaten the form team of the division 4-2 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:12 pm

we have such a great attacking team if jones fails then he has to go so until we got promotion then fair enough but until then
no proof made yet.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:13 pm

davey jones barmy army ...are you watching annis are you watching are you watching are you watching annis !

get ready to eat your hat annis ! and the rest of you lick asses :lol:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:16 pm

nerd wrote:

Missing the point.

DJ did change things. Lucky for us in my opinion. Whitts got injured and
Gavin Rae came on, the extra body tracking back made all the difference.

Once this defence is sorted we will THRASH teams now. We have 4/5 players
gagging to hit teams on the break. I hope the Israeli lad proves to be the
missing link. But we DEFINITELY need a new left back. Sorry Naylor, but even
when he's playing well I think he is always liable to f**k up